Thread: Would you like to try a sport pattern?

Chats: 0

Default Would you like to try a sport pattern?

After reading a lot of post and replies about how much harder sport patterns are to bowl on I find myself thinking about it more and more. I think I would like to give it a try just to experience it one time. I wouldn't care if I didn't do well because I never bowled on it before. I think our AMF house puts out a sport pattern for folks to try every so often. Lets see. I have a Raw Hammer Anger ball with a 2000 Abralon surface with the pin below my ring finger and a Blue Hammer urethane ball with a 2000 Abralon surface with the pin above my ring finger. I would bring both just to see which ball does what on the sport pattern. Maybe the Anger for the first shot and the Blue for spare pickup. The description of the Anger ball says that it is made for medium to oily lane conditions. The Blue is made for THS patterns. I will have to find out the info on this from our House. Me bowling a sport pattern for the first time could be pretty funny. If I get the chance I will post the outcome, score and all. Anyone else here interested in giving it a try? Come on folks, MANUP!

Chats: 243

My house puts out a sport shot for people to try on thursday nights but its only a pair of lanes and theres a line for it -__-

I want to bowl in a sport league by my team isnt in
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 204

I might try it one of these days at the clinic Bunny goes to. They usually have a couple lanes with a sport pattern.

But yeah, those lanes are usually busier.

I think I'm gonna save challenging myself with sport patterns until I can reach my first goal of a 190 average. Gotta walk before I can run.
    In Bag: (: .) 900 Global Zen Master; (: .) Brunswick Perfect Mindset; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 196; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 185

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

The past two summers I have bowled PBA experience. It is funand very challenging. It has a different flavor. First off, it is all good bowlers (I tend to be at the bottom of this group). Yet the challenge is such that it is more about bowlign better than beating the other team. For the fall/spring season it has much more team comraderie and the desire to win. There is also a much broader array of talent. I would be interested in a long season of sport bowling. Not avaialble whre I am at.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default ITS ON MY bucket list

None to bowl at the present time here in k.c. mo!! But I will be on one this summer for sure!! But then I haven't called all the lanes, might do some checking on that! Lots coming up with thanksgiving/Christmas! Its on my bucket list FOR SURE!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

I have bowled a PBA experience league for the last 3 years over the summer. If you go into the league with the right mindset it will help your bowling. It is a sure humbling experience. I usually average in the 180-195 range and on the PBA shots I average 155-169.

I started going to free training sessions held at a centre about 20miles away. They have 4 lanes. First is always a ths but 2-4 are all different sports Patterns. In Jan I get to try out chameleon, shark and cheetah last month it was, easy street middle of the road and highway to hell was good fun to see how each lane compares. Get roughly 3 hours on the patterns