Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your biggest stinker game in last two years?

Chats: 0

Default What was your biggest stinker game in last two years?

OUCH! A nasty 116. My wife even beat me that night and she throws a 10lb 44 year old rubber ball with a speed of 9mph. Oh, and a no rev straight ball.I have bowled for 27 years and at that time had a 176 average. I think the house tricked us with a sport pattern that night on league night. My wife's average at that time was a 128. I can't remember what my other games were that night. What was your train wreck?

Had a 158 a couple weeks ago (exactly 50 pins under average), finished out a bit stronger with a 180 and a 220. My arm and I were having a major disagreement, it thought I should throw my strike ball like normal, not realizing I had moved left almost 2 full dots. Throw in a bunch of 10 pins, a pocket split, a well earned split... It was ugly. It is possible that I've thrown a 140 something in the last 2 years. Being I only bowl once a week, I don't get a lot of practice.

Chats: 243

do drunk games count? If so im pretty sure ive got some 80's for stinkers
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

When I first joined league I bowled a 90; I was a little nervous since I've never bowled with the team before. The flip side to bowling a 90 in week one, is that in week two I bowled a 600 series Go figure
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

Chats: 0

I shouldn't complain though because I don't practice anymore because of arthritic knees and hips. When we bowl league night by the thrid game my left hip is the one that gives me trouble. The good thing is that the left hip is on my balance leg and not the sliding. The right hip is still hanging in there. If I didn't have this problem I would be practicing twice a week like me and my friend use to. I was bowling real good then. Even with no practice I had a three game set not long ago of a 185, 207 and 222. I also had a league night where my highest game was a 161 and the other games were in the 150s and 140s. When that happens you wonder how could it happen when you have been bowling for years and you basically know how to bowl. Oh well, that's bowling.

Chats: 204

116…laughable.

I think my low was a 79….maybe a 67. I try to forget those days ever existed. The lowest of "recent" times is 89. It was NOT a fun practice.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 39

I've only been tracking my stats for the last 3 seasons, so I can't remember any specific games from back when I started. But last spring I was in a bit of a slump (seemed like every game I had a split in the 9th or 10th and just couldn't get any high results), and threw my worst game and worst series in over 2 years. I started with a 3-6-10 leave and only got the 6-10, then a gutter-6.....the last 8 frames I had 5 splits and finished with 99. The other two games that night were 161 and 143 for a 403 series....my worst league series since I started taking bowling seriously.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Chats: 506

121 i think is my worse and that was last year this year its 148
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Chats: 256

I shot a whopping 126 the last game of a tournament last month(452 series). Made me want to crawl under a rock. That was after shooting a 772 and 696 series in prior squads of same tournament.

Can definitely say that all wheels fell off that last set. Not just worst in last 2 years, but worst in last 10+ years.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I shot a whopping 126 the last game of a tournament last month(452 series). Made me want to crawl under a rock. That was after shooting a 772 and 696 series in prior squads of same tournament.

Can definitely say that all wheels fell off that last set. Not just worst in last 2 years, but worst in last 10+ years.
    I difinatly don't have the history most of you have, but BElLIEVE ME,,,, Iceman has his days, once in a while!! LOL
    I said to my self last week on the league that I bowled the 780 and 300 game the week before,,,, WTFO!!!! LOL

I barely made a 500 series,,, and I tried to make Godzilla amounts of adjustments, and in every aspect of bowling. Everyone was complaining about the oil, but to me, a good bowler knows how to adjust, and does compensates for what ever condition my arise!! It was then that I KNEW that I was NOT even as good as some people thought I was!! Just an average older bowler, that has his great days, once in a while!!

Bowling for sure,,,, and I have bowled with and on the team of (TWO Missouri Hall of famers here in Kansas City Missouri) , EVERYONE HAS those BAD DAYS at the lanes,,,,,,EVERYONE!! Even Bowling Gods!! I have seen it FIRST HAND!!!

You just shack it off,,, put it out of your mind, ,,,, , And MOVE ON!! And always think to yourself always, that the next series is going to be a 300, and 800 series!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast