Thread: Your bowling ball hand is a quick messenger to your brain........

Chats: 0

Default Your bowling ball hand is a quick messenger to your brain........

When you bowl do you ever notice how quick your hand sends a message to your brain as soon as you let your ball go if it is going to be a great shot or a dud horrible shot? I know that I get those instant messages from my hand when I release the ball that either gives me an adrenalin shot because I know it is a good shot or the OH NO message because you no as soon as you let the ball go it is not going to be good. It is amazing how that works when you think about it. Your hand always tells your brain the truth about the shot you just let go. You get the message whether you want it or not and that is the bad thing.

Chats: 506

the feel how your ball comes off your hand only time i know its bad if i miss by more then 1-2 boards then i worry
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    When you bowl do you ever notice how quick your hand sends a message to your brain as soon as you let your ball go if it is going to be a great shot or a dud horrible shot? I know that I get those instant messages from my hand when I release the ball that either gives me an adrenalin shot because I know it is a good shot or the OH NO message because you no as soon as you let the ball go it is not going to be good. It is amazing how that works when you think about it. Your hand always tells your brain the truth about the shot you just let go. You get the message whether you want it or not and that is the bad thing.
    I guess my hand and brain aren't on speaking terms. Unless I completely screw up my release, I have no idea how good or bad the shot is until I see how close it is to being on target.
    John

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Read Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink"

Talks about this stuff with regards to sports psychology and the ability of the brain to process things we can't consciencely.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    There are plenty of people who seem to ignore the message.

This "message" is what I refer to as the tuning fork. On good shots it rings true. On other shots it just goes "BUZZ".

BTW it's more than the hand, every part of the body contributes to the message.