Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Nov 25, 2013 to Dec 01, 2013 - Brunswick Melee

Ball looked great at the WSOB, would really love to throw one!

Chats: 243

My fav color is red and melee is my preferred method of defense, i just opened up a space in my 12 ball bag to carry this red devil
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 891

was watching my one buddy at bowling yesterday throw this ball and it did not have that much control it would other hook/underhook or he could even throw it as a spare ball if he moved enough right (hes a lefty)
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 304

Saw Parker throw it today in the final match on ESPN. Felt bad the way he lost. Not to mention he remains winless against Wes on TV. Definitely looks like a good ball with good reaction. I still congrats Wes on the title. Would've been nice if he dropped that 300 in the semifinal match. Darn 10 pin p
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Quote Originally Posted by mike_thomas93 View Post
    Saw Parker throw it today in the final match on ESPN. Felt bad the way he lost. Not to mention he remains winless against Wes on TV. Definitely looks like a good ball with good reaction. I still congrats Wes on the title. Would've been nice if he dropped that 300 in the semifinal match. Darn 10 pin p
    Yeah it looked nice. Too bad they don't show more bowling on regular channels and ESPN. I'm sure it helps sell a lot of balls.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    Yeah it looked nice. Too bad they don't show more bowling on regular channels and ESPN. I'm sure it helps sell a lot of balls.
    Funny, I could swear they used to show bowling when I was a kid in the 80's a lot, even in the 90's if I recall correctly. But to be fair, I never watched much of it other than maybe a few frames, mainly because I bowled for fun once every couple years and I don't think people that don't bowl regularly really get into watching it on TV.

Case in point, I can't watch golf for the life of me, you couldn't pay me enough - although since I moved to San Diego (where you can pretty much golf year round, I don't miss you at all east coast winter!) I'm looking to start up with lessons and I suspect once I get into it I will want to watch it more (of course there is PLENTY of golf on TV LOL).

Cranker
    Chats: 0

They did show it a lot in the 80s when you were a kid!

Check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Bowlers_Tour

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    Funny, I could swear they used to show bowling when I was a kid in the 80's a lot, even in the 90's if I recall correctly.
    They use to show bowling on Saturday afternoons on ABC, it had one of the high ratings for it's time spot. But they dropped it in the 90's because they wanted to target a younger demographic for the commercials (Not because of low ratings). Chris Schenkel, was a great commentator along with Nelson Burton Jr.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 35

LOL, thanks dnhoffman and bowl1820 for pointing out that I'm not remembering things crazy. Well, hopefully this new broadcast of the world series of bowling with the dyed oil helps bring new people into the sport, and more importantly helps them garner more people that are interested in watching on TV.

It is funny though, I grew up and lived most of my life in DC and while we have alleys around there (Bowl America where 1000's cheer!) they stopped advertising right around the early 90's or so, in fact I think several alleys shut down. But now that I live out here in SoCal the lanes I go to seem to be doing pretty well, in fact I went for a practice session today and the place was packed. I think its time for a bowling revival!

As a side note, I would have never considered ever bowling as a hobby had one of my friends out here not been an avid league bowler and convinced me that it was a good way to build a new social network and have some fun - LOL, little did he know how competitive I am and how quickly I would become obsessed with this game

Chats: 304

That's big red for you Big Wes defeats Big Red ;p
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast