View Poll Results: Should Aslan be Banned??

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Ban him.

6 50.00%
  • No, Don't Ban him.

6 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Aslan be banned? Please vote!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Surprisingly I don't think that he should be banned. The only way to deal with this by the folks that don't like him is to not reply to his posts. If you read his posts and are annoyed by them and his remarks just think to yourself you've got to be kidding me and go to the next post..........
    It's a good idea in fact that's what the "Ignore" button is for, just click on it and his posts disappear.

The "Ignore" function:
    Just go to the users profile page, on the left click on "Add to Ignore List"

then click "Yes" on "Are you sure you want to add username to your ignore list?

Poof! the posts are gone.

But Aslan and the others won't do it, they have to look. Then they get mad.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 12-06-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I vote no. While I disagree with Aslan on some things and agree with him on others, replying to the ones I disagree with forces me to think more clearly about the subject.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Next thang you know they will be running Iceman out of town, its got to STOP

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I vote no. While I disagree with Aslan on some things and agree with him on others, replying to the ones I disagree with forces me to think more clearly about the subject.

Who in the Hell is Aslan?? Ban someone for making stupid statements, and comments? If that's a reason to ban someone, then we wouldn't have a government!!

Give me liberty, to say what I want, or give me Another Website to converse on! As long as no one threatens someone’s life or liberty, then a free exchange of thought and ideas should be allowed!

Aslan,,,, O YES I know who this is all about now!!!

He might not be the brightest, maybe even somewhat vulgar thread writer on this site, but god bless his bowling heart, he does the best he can with what was given him, by the lord Jesus Christ,, amen!

Does anyone here watch Reality TV??? This site is tame compared to what ("I hear is on tv for all to hear, and see!")

Anyone watch 2 1/2 men?? I can't believe what I see and hear on NATIONAL TV!

Should Aslan be banned!! NO, and I have never complained about him in private, or on this....... wait,,,, let me check this out.... tic,,,tic,,,, tic,,,,

Maybe I have complained about some of his rude, crude, lumpy, raw, rough, undressed, unfinished, comments, but that doesn’t mean I want him terminated!!
    Even men with his (CONDITION ) should be allowed the freedom of speech!
    Iceman, with a heavy heart, and maybe much regret votes KNOW!! YOU know what I mean!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Not sure if everybody is supposed to comment here or not, but he and I have had nothing but bowling related discussions, and I haven't seen anything personally that I would consider ban worthy on other forums that I frequent, so I voted No.

Chats: 39

Lol....last time I looked being an annoying know-it-all is not a bannable offense

I do find it a bit lame though that none of the people voting "yes" took the time to post anything......
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Aslan Mod for a Day POLL!!

[QUOTE=bowl1820;96722]I listened as you said " I believe everyone has a right to their opinion...even if it almost always isn't shared by me" and how your being bullied and mocked and your threads derailed. and you are provoked to retaliate against the bullies.

LOL,,, when you think about it, a forum like this is the BEST place for a victim to have a equal ground, with any bullies!
    Their is no physical factor involved, and in most cases it the PHYSICAL that does the most harm,, example: (High school football jock, making fun, of and physically bullying a NERD in gym class,,,, yes those were the day!!) LOL JUST kidding, in fact I was a defender of Nerds, and many of my best friends were almost just like Aslan!

What I have noticed on this site is not even anywhere close to what real BULLYING is all about! Its more like the VERY POPULAR TV SHOW Jerry Stringer Show! People love it!! (I am pretty sure that bowl1820 doesn't watch the Stringer show, but that's because we are refined men of good taste, and proper up bringing. We are both like a James Bond type persona!! While Aslan is more like Sponge Bob!! There is room in this world for both types, its what makes America Strong, diversity!

What I don't like is all the the petty bickering, the stupid remarks and the threads that have turned to garbage because it
    Now I know your don't watch the Jerry Stringer show! LOL But know this,,, its a VERY POPULAR SHOW, and has been on for way too long in my opinion, but then that could be because iceman is a refined, cultured, polished, well-breed, fine example of what a human being can be when properly assembled!

The moderation team (I guess is only me anymore) has been hoping you could work it out with everybody. Now if everyone else agrees thats whats happening, that your the victim in all of this fine we can drop the matter.

Maybe we need another Moderator to work with you? Someone that is at the other end of the spectrum! How much farther could Aslan be then you 1820!! I am with you on his ( I am the victim, everyone is picking on me attitude ) But in his rude, tasteless way he always defends himself)! The victim that has nothing to fear, but words themselves! LOL

There are dozens of Bowling Forms, I really believe that many people love The Bull shirt on this forum! How can I say that??? Look at the Thread Me vs Michael! Well over 45,500 views, bigger then most all the other threads put together.

Its all about conflict, and battle between Old bowler vs Young bowler!

Smooth running Forms, are ONE HUGE YAWN!!! Same old Q and A!! "how do I get more rev's" ( It's ok to have those boring Q and A's, but a little spice helps the ratings!!

Set Aslan FREE!!! release him and make him a moderator!!! How about a Poll that makes Aslan a moderator!

NO,,,, NO<<< Let's not go that direction yet, I fear his fragile psyche might not be able to handle the rejection, and disappointment! I am not even sure he has the knowledge needed to wipe his ask, much less perform the duties required to keep things on a smooth bases! lol But he has a purpose,,,, I am sure,,, and maybe someone can help me figure out WHAT THAT IS??? lol

Lets have a poll that makes Aslan a MOD on this site!! How many are for this POLL!! How about MOD for a DAY??

Let's let the love pour out.... show this Special middle Aged bowler, that has been seen at Kmart eyeing Old Spice cologne we care!!! Just like those suspenders he now uses to hold his nylon white socks up, lets support this middle aged Californian that is in need of our love!!

Aslan for MOD for a DAY! "The only bowling form that is Fair and Balanced"
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 12-07-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Well Aslan it looks like your safe, No Banning you can stay on the island.

The majority of comments are in your favor and the Admin. is okay with your staying

See democracy in action and it worked in your favor.

So If anyone doesn't like a persons posts

Use the "Ignore" button, just click on it and his posts disappear.

The "Ignore" function:
    Just go to the users profile page, on the left click on "Add to Ignore List"

then click "Yes" on "Are you sure you want to add username to your ignore list?

Poof! the posts are gone.

Now if you don't do and have to look and get mad.
    Take It direct to the Administrator: bowlingboards.com and PM him.

Thread closed
    Last edited by bowl1820; 12-07-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12