Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is PDW a "**ck"?

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    go see what happens to your rythm if you take a 10 minute break
    Okay...that was a very confusing thing to say to a guy that throws a Hammer Rhythm.

Listen...the guys competitive...maybe it's a little for show...whatever. But people can't say, "well, he's competitive and a good bowler so I give him a pass" because where does that end? A QB that dabbles in dog fighting? A mayor that openly smokes crack cocaine? A pasteur that sleeps with male prostitutes? An actor that joins a cult? All those examples....people who are great at what they do...but in my eyes (and the eyes of many) tarnished by personality flaws.

Hey..not only am I critic! I'm a poster child! I'm intersting, smart, kind, and a comic genius!! But I have a personality that is really only tolerable in small doses.

I'm still in search of that "fav bowler" that I can really root for....here's the current short list:

- Love Earl Anthony...but he died...and before that he wrote a sort of psychotic book that made him really seem like the weirdest dude in the world. Not to mention, didn't he die because he got drunk and fell down the stairs? Ughhh...

- Walter Ray...probably my fav at this point...but he comes off as very smug...very smug. Not sure if it's a "Texas" thing.

- Norm Duke...again...I like him...but he also comes off very smug.

- Scott Norton...I just like that the guy had the balls (no pun intended) to come out as a professional bowler that is gay. I may not "roll that way" (pun intended)...but I do respect his courage...AND...he seems like a kinda genuine person...not too full of himself...so he's in the running.

- Chris Barnes...I like that he's kinda a dork. But man...he's gotta stop wearing solid color polyester pants....his clothing choices at the WSOB last weekend made me visually ill. And he's also started down the "dark side" of getting a little "mouthy" as of late...which was never his thing in the past.

- Mika Koivuniemi...he's from Michigan (my home state)...and he seems like a nice guy...but he's from the part of the state that is full of smug overly conservative ****s...so I'm torn on rooting for him.

- Parker Bohn III- From the very little I've seen of Parker...he seems like a very down to Earth cool guy...a charitable guy, a family guy...and I think he could be easy to root for.

Thats my short list for pro bowlers that I root for or hope to someday be a "fan" of...but I'm still evaluating.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

don't ever say "home state" again - you have been banned from the mitten and any references to it

Chats: 39

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I think however that his antics in competition are an act, much the way professional wrestlers take on a ring persona.
    Yea, I always thought that was kind of a known thing about PDW. I think he's even said as much in an interview, where he talked about how he was a fan or wrestling (which is also where he gets his crotch chop).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    As for the commercial breaks go see what happens to your rythm if you take a 10 minute break during practice if you're on a string of ftrikes. I'll tell you, IT SUCKS
    This happened to me a few weeks ago during a league game.....I started with 8 in a row, and then the lane broke down and we had to wait 10 minutes. Totally killed my rhythm. I can imagine if there were millions of dollars on the line, I'd have been pretty pissed off about it.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Chats: 4

I can say without a doubt that PDW is a very nice guy off of the lanes
    but on the lanes he is all business because that is his lively hood and
    his major income.

The reason I can say that about him is I know from experience from
    bowling against him in regional PBA tournaments back in the 90's. I'd
    beat him on the lanes then we'd go out for drinks and something to eat
    afterwords and he would act like a perfect gentleman and congratulate
    me on my beating him.

Yes what you see out of him on TV is just him putting on a show for the
    fans he is what has brought the PBA back to life by being the bad boy as
    the new owners of the PBA asked him to be like that to get people fired
    up just like the wrestlers do.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

I try to give him credit that he's just "putting on a show". But I watched video of him bowling the the USBC Senior masters in 2013 and it was the same thing…him going off on some fan in the audience.

I think Belmo and PDW are lucky that the bowlers they go up against have a bit of self control. Because if Belmo was popping water bottles or PDW was going off on a fan with me bowling against them…I wouldn't just "let it go". I'd be willing to serve a 6-month suspension for throwing a water bottle at Belmo or telling PDW to "just bowl and leave the fans alone". I'd remind him that I don't remember Dick Weber ever going off on fans. And if a random fan in the audience can rattle him…imagine how much I (as his opponent) could rattle him by constantly referencing his cocaine use while bowling against each other.

And the PBA shouldn't have a problem with it. I mean, if the reason they encourage PDW being a **ck is for the ratings…then me punching dropping him in the 9th frame should garner me a bonus!! It's a slippery slope PBA…a slippery slope. One minute you're hoisting up bowling's bad boy, whiskey drinking, fan cursing, coke snorting, sunglass wearing star. The next minute you're fining someone for punching him. Slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    then me punching dropping him in the 9th frame should garner me a bonus!!
    I'd be willing to pay big bucks just to get a chance to see that. LOL!!!!!
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I'd be willing to pay big bucks just to get a chance to see that. LOL!!!!!
    It would be one of those times where immediately after doing something I'd think, "Aww crp….I probably shouldn't have done that." I'd feel better about it if it was Belmo because at least that would be a "fair fight". PDW is about 65% of my size and getting up there in the years.

And it would probably be more than a 6-month suspension. I know there was a PBA guy back in the 80s or 90s that got a 6-month suspension for an "altercation"…but it was with a guy at an alley in the pool table area over some "loan" that the guy hadn't repaid. I can't remember the name of the pro though. But if you can get 6 months for that…I gotta think slugging the new PBA's poster child (and HOFer) PDW would be more than that. It would make great TV though!!

Yeah it would probably end up as a lifetime suspension
    from the PBA for doing that to the poster child. LOL!!!!
    Bill

Chats: 1

I thought so too the first time I saw him bowl. He was fussing at fans in the seats. Swaggering the lanes, Yelling "Who Do You Think You Are. I AM" ( I still don't understand what that means in plain English).

But he seems to have melowed lately to the point where I can appreciate the great skill he has on the lanes. I have seen him start to go off, take a look at his wife seated there, make a mild comment and sit down. Nothing like a wife to keep you in check. )
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    Nah, he's a perfectly nice guy. He takes his bowling very seriously and does expect others to respect the pros and not carelessly cause distractions. And a lot of it is for show. I've seen him in person a few times and he always seemed like a decent guy off the lanes.
    Well you and my aunt and Grandma would disagree. PDW is a @**clown. My grandma and aunt met him at a bowling tournament, and said he came across as a arrogant p****, and basically told both of them to go "Blank Off"..... I personally cant stand PDW, and I know many people that say when they met him they got the same arrogant person that my grandma and aunt met.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast