Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is PDW a "**ck"?

I've had the opportunity to talk to Pete on a number of occasions. He's really a nice guy. Don't forget that the PBA is in great need of ratings and sponsorship. Please don't go by the "acting" you see on the part of the bowlers. They're just trying to make sure that their livlihood doesn't go away.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I've had the opportunity to talk to Pete on a number of occasions. He's really a nice guy. Don't forget that the PBA is in great need of ratings and sponsorship. Please don't go by the "acting" you see on the part of the bowlers. They're just trying to make sure that their livlihood doesn't go away.
    Thats a good point and one that has been mentioned a couple times. I guess it's hard to know for sure unless you actually meet him and spend some time with him.

I just think if the PBA wants energetic feisty guys….they should have bowlers get after EACH OTHER…not the fans. The fans should always be off limits since they're the reason you're there.

PDW is one of the all time greats....it's hard to knock him.
    Current equipment: Roto Grip Hyper Cell Skid, Storm Fusion, Storm HyRoad, Storm IQ Tour Solid, Columbia White Dot. High Game: 300 High Series: 833
    See me at: mrbowling300
    See my classic pro bowler tour videos at: http://www.mrbowling300.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowling300 View Post
    PDW is one of the all time greats....it's hard to knock him.
    OJ Simpson is one of the all time greats. Mike Tyson. Alex Rodriguez.

Just saying. Being great at something doesn't give you an excuse to do whatever.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    OJ Simpson is one of the all time greats. Mike Tyson. Alex Rodriguez.

Just saying. Being great at something doesn't give you an excuse to do whatever.
    Got to agree with this.... and besides here, I have not heard many good things about PDW.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

It's interesting that the three posts by people who have actually met Pete Weber say that he is a nice guy off the lanes. The negatives have all been either about his TV antics or secondhand stories about how he acted toward fans.

While he's still in my top three bowlers to root against, right behind Rash and Belmonte, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as to off camera life.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    While he's still in my top three bowlers to root against, right behind Rash and Belmonte,
    Did we just become best friends!!?

YUP.

My point was...the arguement that PDW isn't a ***k BECAUSE he's one of the all-time greatest bowlers is illogical. You can be the all-time greatest anything and be a complete douche. Or you could even be the all-time biggest douche (like me) and be relatively great at virtually nothing. The two are unrelated.

In my opinion, PDW is one of the all time great bowlers. He has won on laquer, wood, synthetics, urethane, plastic, rubber, resin, etc. He has done it all, and at 51, still going strong. So, in the US Open, he was a bit onery, who cares.....he made one of the all time greatest shots in bowling history, on the toughest lane pattern of them all to get a strike when needed. Not many others could execute that shot under those conditions in that situation!

www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Never said he wasn't "good". I think you're missing my point.

Pete is intense....he wants to win....if something is bothering him, he will let you know about it. So what? Do you think the same about Richard Sherman after his rant as well?
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast