Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is PDW a "**ck"?

Watching the video I would say Pete probably got a little carried away with the fan but I understand his frustration. I like bowlers who have some personality. Lets face it the majority of the PBA tour are all stiff. Heck that Sunday showdown between Rash and Belmo was just bowling. Peterson kept trying to talk up this feud but those guys didn't even talk or look at each other during the match.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by kakcpa View Post
    Pete is intense....he wants to win....if something is bothering him, he will let you know about it. So what? Do you think the same about Richard Sherman after his rant as well?
    Great example. Yes. 100%.

You have to understand...as does Pete and as does Richard Sherman. As a pro athelete, you're setting an example for a lot of younger players. What YOU do, they feel is okay. So if you convey the message that winning is the only thing that matters...and you can cuss out fans and yell at them and throw temper tantrums...then you'll see youth bowlers start doing it. Because of the great PDW can do it, so can I. Not just so CAN I....so SHOULD I.

Ask refs who ref youth sports. As them how bad kids and parents have gotten. This attitude that PDW can do whatever he wants and Belmonte can try to distract other bowlers and it's all "okay" because they are at the highest level and are dedicated to winning is GARBAGE. They are at the highest level and are representing not only themselves...but the sport, their country, and their family. And I can cut Belmonte some slack since he's a youngster in a "strange land"...but PDW is representing his FATHER every time he walks out there. And while I'm sure Dick Weber would defend his son and praise him for the great bowler he's become...I don't think Dick Weber would appreciate the antics from a person that shares his name and legacy.

And do we even know if there was a fan that he was yelling at? Or a computer monitor issue? Or could it be a PBA stunt to garner attention? And if it is...then shame on the PBA. It's a very slippery slope. While the sport needs excitement and contoversy...there's always that risk that as you become less and less a bowing golf telecast...you become more and more like a WWE telecast.

Winning isn't the ONLY thing that matters. And these guys on the PBA are old enough to know that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234