Thread: Passing of Rolf Gauger

Default Passing of Rolf Gauger

I was told by a friend in Phoenix and confirmed through a mutual friend of his grandson, Bill Machin, that Rolf Gauger has passed away this past New Year's of a Staph infection resulting from heart surgery.

Rolf was most known as the creator of the Triax Spare System. He was well respected in the bowling community as a coach and write. He most recently wrote for Bowling This Month magazine. I had the fortune to work with him one-on-one for a period of time before moving from Phoenix. It is sad news to hear of his passing. He was one of those genuinely nice people the world seems to need so desperately.
    Last edited by JAnderson; 01-06-2009 at 11:46 AM.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Jay I did just talk to Mike Fredrichs and he said yes that he did pass....This is a very sad time in Phoenix Bowling right now.
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Ron put this out on the br.com boards. I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but I'd read his byline religiously in BTM.

You know, his spare system works, too. I adapted it a little for me, but it's deadly if you can roll the ball straight.

This is a big loss to the bowling world. I didn't know the circumstances of his passing, but it was one of the things I most feared when I was going in for my surgery.