Thread: Might as well

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Talking Might as well

While I'm thinking about it, we might as well get this out of the way so we don't have to deal with it in September. All you cub fans, repeat after me, as you've done for 100 years now, "Wait 'til next year." Gee, the Sox have won in my lifetime. How about yours?

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    While I'm thinking about it, we might as well get this out of the way so we don't have to deal with it in September. All you cub fans, repeat after me, as you've done for 100 years now, "Wait 'til next year." Gee, the Sox have won in my lifetime. How about yours?
    Yes, the Red Sox won in MY lifetime as well! hahahahahaha. So did the Ozzy Guillen lead White Sox, but they do not matter to me....

John Smoltz, welcome to the team, FTW!!! That's what you call, insurance!!! He will make a nice 5th starter, if Bucholz gets his head out of his arse, then he will be a welcome addition to a revamped bullpen (hopefully minus Timlin, who I LIKE, and I appreciate the work he's done for me in his career, BUT..... The guy's going to give me a heart attack. He's old, he's done. He turns the bullpen into bull-something-else).
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Tsk tsk - Everyone is dying to build the Nasty Boys Bullpen. We had it for 1 year, even had 2 great starters, but we never came close again - and I don't see it in the near future. I liked Marge Schott, but she left us dead in our farm system before she sold to Carl Linder. I just hope 1 of these prospects do something their getting paid to do turn out. I'm with ya on old people - they say Wisdom comes with being old, but so does discounts - go get AARP - leave winning baseball to the young ones who want to play for minimum salary so we can afford to keep going to the games. WTH is with the $8.50 beers and $7.00 Peanuts?????
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums