Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USBC New Awards Policy is POO!

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Just came by to see what the guy with a 130 something average had to say about awards and see he's going on again about the game being too easy. SMH.
    Pro tip for you: the ignore list function has vastly improved my bowlingboards.com experience.

One quick ignore of Asslan, and suddenly I find threads relevant, contributors actually sensical, and don't have to waste tons of time scrolling past his essay length posts of 100% brain-damaging dribble.

I know why you haven't ignore listed him yet - you're probably like I was, and feel like you owe it to warn the general public who might read his posts and actually follow his terrible advice; but you know... You can't fix stupid.

Chats: 243

'
    Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    All the views are do to the search engines crawlers and bots, also spammer bots scan the threads also harvesting information and checking for for the threads they post.

That's also why when you look at the whos online and see 100's of guests and 50-60-70 users, virtually all of those are search engine bots and banned spammers.
    Ah i see. Thanks for clearing it up
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I mean if you're a professional like Bowl1820, or vdub, or Iceman…or even the "unsanctioned wonder" ZDawg (joking)….
    Hey hey now, I do bowl in a sanctioned league

Chats: 243

Its okay aslan, ill make you a ring if its that important to you <3
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    If you put as much effort into improving your game with some of the comments you throw out here about form and ball reaction etc. than you do posting your epic long posts, you would surely be a 160+ bowler by now.
    Actually…I already am. My sanctioned average is 162.

My "lifetime average" is 138. But that is over 500 games bowled over 2 decades. The first 200 as a casual 2-times a year bowler. The last 300 have been since August and have brought my average from 121 to 138. So quick arithmetic would point to an average 149 over the last 300 games over the last 5 months.

Also, in my defense, realize that I have bowled in 8 different centers over those 5 months. Primarily at 2 different centers. And those 2 different centers were complete opposites in terms of conditions. One was wood lanes, one was about as slick a heavy oil synthetic that you'll ever find. It took me 8-10 weeks to learn about "lane conditions" and how to change the way I throw to adapt. I only mention this because the VAST majority of folks that bowl will ONLY bowl at 1 center. They might do 2 leagues, maybe 3 leagues even…but rarely will they alternate centers. So I feel thats kept my average a bit low. On the flip side, I feel the wood lane center has artificially propped my average up a bit since it's a condition that tends to lead to higher scores.

And yes…I'm "wordy".

But, my goals going into my first league(s) (I joined 2 within one week) was a 190 book/sanctioned average by he end of March, and to throw clean games…a 525+ series each night, and hopefully help my team win. I also set the goal of bowling in the ABT Spring Nationals in April 2014.

However….that "may" have been a bit aggressive. I've decided to maybe postpone doing the ABT tournament(s) until I carry a 193+ sanctioned average and focus more on the local USBC tournaments instead. If I can maintain an average of 157+…I think I can be competitive at the local level. But as far as the USBC Open or the ABT tournaments…I really need to be capable of bowling in the high 700s (series) to be competitive…and those tournaments can run a week…which means vacation time, hotel costs, $200+ in entry fees…so maybe put that goal on hold for a bit.

Besides…I really look at playing in tournaments as just an "experience" thing for now. I just like to bowl in different environments, different conditions/situations. The ABT is nice because it's big prize money and you're not up against professionals. But it's also costly and complicated to figure out with all kinds of "side pots" and "mega pots" and "bonus pots". The USBC is less costly and less complicated…but once you get to the state level and the national level…you're bowling against ball rep pros and PBA pros.

But…vdub is right…not even something to "fret" about at this point. I like to have "goals"…thats all. I don't think it hurts to aim high.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    Pro tip for you: the ignore list function has vastly improved my bowlingboards.com experience.
    Ahh…my ole buddy. A quick post holiday stop to swear, name call, and insult.

But…I will agree with ole Hoff…the ignore function is awesome…because I can respond to his attacks and he can't read it!!!

Granted, I tend to follow the forum rules a bit more closely than he does so I refrain from insults and profanity…it would be more fun if I didn't…but it's a family site so I try to keep that in mind.

But yes, good advice. The "ignore function' essentially allows grown men to play that 5-year old game where you close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and yell "I can't see you, I can't hear you, you don't exist!!" And it allows other grown men to respond with, "I'm not touching you…look, I'm not touching you."

Good Times.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    Hey hey now, I do bowl in a sanctioned league
    Wait…did I get you mixed up with e-tank??? DOHT!!!

Thats the second time I did that. Earlier in the month I got Jaescrub and Jaemau mixed up.

Wait…if you're in San Diego…why didn't Iceman allow you a chance to step up and take e-tank's place in the "Aslan/E-Tank California Challenge" that he created. That might be a much more equal battle than me vs. Mike White. He's like a 1/2 professional…or 3/4 professional.

Chats: 221

RANT on
    Is the house shot too easy? In far too many centers the answer is YES> Have balls become too powerfull? Yes and No. Are there too many award scores today? H#LL YES. As a prine example in 1990 when I shot my 805 there were around 3500 across the nation. There was at least that number if not more just in the Chicago area last year.One of the main problems creating the decline of bowling in my opinion is THS> Back in the day you neede to practice to be good. Now days all you need is ta new Hook monster spped and revs and bounce it off the bumper.Sport leagues don't do well because people can't check their egos at the door. They find out they are not as good as they thing they are because they stop having 15 boards to hit and still strike. Plus spare shooting becomes much more important and the average bowler of today sucks at spare shooting
    Rant off

Chats: 221

Just as an example in my Friday morning senior league. We have had 3 300's and 2 299's in the last 2 weeks

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Wait…did I get you mixed up with e-tank??? DOHT!!!

Thats the second time I did that. Earlier in the month I got Jaescrub and Jaemau mixed up.

Wait…if you're in San Diego…why didn't Iceman allow you a chance to step up and take e-tank's place in the "Aslan/E-Tank California Challenge" that he created. That might be a much more equal battle than me vs. Mike White. He's like a 1/2 professional…or 3/4 professional.
    LOL, I'd be open to the challenge at some point. You might have to spot me a few pins based on our USBC averages, but other than that I'd say it would be an interesting challenge

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast