Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USBC New Awards Policy is POO!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Okay, best choice logistically is Temecula. It's a newer alley, smaller alley. It's "okay". I HAVE bowled there 2-3 times tops…and all I remember is that I didn't care for it much and my ball kept getting stuck. But, it IS probably halfway between us logistically and it's a nice place.

The next best choice is Surf Bowl in Oceanside. A better alley, bigger and more old school. But it's way more of a drive for me coming from north Orange County.

Given the average difference, I'd be willing to give you 10 pins per game…we'd roll a 3-game series. We'll flip for who gets to start and pick their lane to start on. IF you think 5 pins isn't enough…I'd be willing to give you 35 pins per game at my home center. But at a neutral lane…I'm only about 10 pins (if that) above your average.

The only question (besides are you up for it in Temecula)…is how the HECK do we video tape it?? I have an old video camera that takes 8mm tape. And I have a camera with a micro SD card. And an iPhone 4. But how can we film the whole thing?? I can edit the film using iMovie on my laptop…take out the bathroom breaks or the random times where I get shot down hitting on women…but how the hell do we tape that much material??

Any videographers out there with suggestions? I could tape it on 8mm and have it transferred. But for a simple little match like this…I aint paying $50 or whatever it'd cost to transfer video to DVD.

Worse comes to worse…we could do what I do now…and just decide on a certain frequency like "every 3 frames we video it and give a score update". But I don't want to hip Iceman and our fans!! They want to see us in all our GLORY!!

I can't do it the weekend of the Jan 25th…but first weekend of February or first weekend of March would work.
    Temecula is agreeable, and right now I'd say tentatively the first weekend of March is probably better for me. If you want, I'll be more than happy to give you an update should my average go up significantly between now and then.

As for the video I don't know, I too use my phone to record myself when I bowl, usually just a game and you only get the back angle - having a camera on a tripod would be awesome but I don't have one. I will ask around though and see if anybody I know might have one we could borrow.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Also, does anybody know how often the USBC actually adds people into their database? My league started in September, and I just trying looking myself up and I'm not there yet (I suppose this isn't suprising because it took 2 months to get our cards).

Just wondering if/when they put in your scores etc, I'm gonna guess its a while after the league has completely concluded just looking for a ballpark.

Also Aslan, my league does upload everything to myleaguesecretary.com so if you want proof of my average/etc I can give you a screen shot, pdf, or whatever to prove my average assuming the USBC site isn't updated by March.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    Also, does anybody know how often the USBC actually adds people into their database? My league started in September, and I just trying looking myself up and I'm not there yet (I suppose this isn't suprising because it took 2 months to get our cards).

Just wondering if/when they put in your scores etc, I'm gonna guess its a while after the league has completely concluded just looking for a ballpark.

Also Aslan, my league does upload everything to myleaguesecretary.com so if you want proof of my average/etc I can give you a screen shot, pdf, or whatever to prove my average assuming the USBC site isn't updated by March.
    Usbc won't show your average until league is over, that will then become your book average for the next bowling year.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Some leagues have a function where you can look up averages mid season, but ya no usbc postings until the season is over. If you were in a league that's a half season they should be posted or posted soon.

One rule change that I was told about that went effective this year that I really like is now you dont bowl tournaments off of your highest average you will use your composite average.

One thing that helps me it the PBA experience league was the first PBA league this center has had and they did not certify as a certified sport shot so my that average plus my THS average make up my composite for last year thus giving me a slightly lower average for tournaments
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    One rule change that I was told about that went effective this year that I really like is now you dont bowl tournaments off of your highest average you will use your composite average.
    Unless the tournament rules state otherwise.

The changes started in the 2012-2013 season

Rule 319 – Averages
    319a. Conditions that Apply
    The following conditions apply to averages in handicap or classified tournaments, unless the
    tournament rules state otherwise
    , except that only USBC league averages shall be accepted. (See Rule
    319c for average adjustment.)
    1. The bowler is required to submit the previous season’s highest average of:
    a) A single USBC league average based on a minimum of 21 games; or:
    b) A composite average of all USBC leagues, including leagues with less than 21 games bowled.

One thing that helps me it the PBA experience league was the first PBA league this center has had and they did not certify as a certified sport shot so my that average plus my THS average make up my composite for last year thus giving me a slightly lower average for tournaments

Not certified sport? Renegade League! Legal sandbagging.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 12-27-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

They tried to put one together for the Fall but we only had 3 teams sign up and this would of been certified. I'm sure hoping we do have one in the summer again. I really like bowling on those patterns plus they really help with spare shooting. If you can make all your spares on those shots making them on house shots is cake.

The first I heard of this new rule was at the beginning of the fall season when I was chewing the fat with the association president.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Chats: 204

Temecula is agreeable, and right now I'd say tentatively the first weekend of March is probably better for me. If you want, I'll be more than happy to give you an update should my average go up significantly between now and then.
    Agreed. And no need for an average update…it's just for fun…so 10 pins per game is certainly agreeable. We'll plan on March 1st, 1:00PM, Temecula Lanes. Just north of Temecula right off the I-15. Unless we can get a better plan…we'll video every 3rd frame using my POS camera. I'll have 2 micro SD cards so I shouldn't run out of storage.

I'm in the same boat. First league, a USBC number, but nothing on the website until the league concludes in March.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Are you saying you aint in there at all the league you are bowling should be listed with a 0 average right now. The averages will update towards the end of the season. I have on league that is half a season that just ended two weeks ago and it should post here pretty soon.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:

Chats: 204

I also started in September. I was in the website once I got my card in the mail, but I just don't have an average listed. If you have a card but aren't in the system, let the USBC know. The good news is, in my interactions with them thus far, they are very responsive.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast