4000 Grit Sanded
    Ball Specs: Symmetric Core
    Layout 65 x 3.75 x 30

Bowler Specs:
    Right Hand. PAP 4.75 Over 1/4 up
    Rev Rate 300. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
    Speed off hand 18

Review:
    The New Motiv Sigma Sting is a fantastic ball that will fit a huge range of styles and lane conditions. This ball will be a great, strong benchmark ball for the newer competitive bowler or fill a nice slot in an arsenal. The ball is angular but predictable and hits extremely hard. The Sting fits between my Rage and Tribal in hook and motion. The ball comes with a 4000 grit surface, and to me seems to be a good choice to match the core. We have not polished one yet because everyone has been so happy they are afraid to change anything. I am confident a polished surface would work great on the Sting if you wanted more length and angle. There have been other balls with this cover that we have polished and the motions were very good. The Sting hits very hard and if you have seen my ball motion video you will see an amazing move at the breakpoint that my lower rev rate is not used to. This is a ball that anyone who had the original Sigma Tour was looking for. I feel Motiv will keep this ball in the line for a long time but you don’t want to wait on getting one. The Sting is just too good.
    The latest releases from Motiv have been incredible and I can’t wait to see what is coming next!

Summary:
    The Sigma Sting is a long awaited ball for anyone
    that had the original Sigma Tour.
    A great fit between the Rage and Tribal
    Will cover a large range of styles and conditions.
    A must have from Motiv.

Glenn Wendel
    PBA Member
    Motiv Staff
    Turbo Staff
    Video Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBunOe_oqJc

Sportshot64@comcast.net
    www.motivbowling.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

how does it compare to this ball the tribal? Is it symmetrical? hummmmm
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 221

It is symetrical and is stronger overall. The Sigma Sting will not be as angular as the Tribal. It is more of a benchmark type of ball motion. I should be drilling both in the next couple weeks

There was a youtube video recently posted that directly compares the Sigma Sting with the tribal

I can't post a link right now but you can search for Motiv Cruel Intent & Sigma Sting by Jon Sellers

In the Sigma sting segment it shows the comparison
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums