Thread: Cruel Intent: Loves Oil and Volume

Default Cruel Intent: Loves Oil and Volume

Bowler Stats-Ball Speed 15.5 MPH Rev Rate-App 315 Axis of Rotation-30 to 60 degrees Axis Tilt 9 degrees Right Handed PAP-5 over, 1/4" up

The Motiv Cruel Intent is designed for heavy patterns according to Motiv. The core is asymmetrical wrapped with the same cover, the Fusion Pearl Reactive used on the Primal Rage and the Tribal. The ball is as advertised and more for me. It is very clean through the heads and generates a powerful down lane reaction. More angular then the 2Cruel, but covering as many or more boards then the 2Cruel. Once the Cruel Intent finds friction the slowdown/change of direction is quick without being a checkmark. The Cruel Intent then makes a strong move that is less sudden and sharp then the Primal Rage, but a quicker transition then the other balls in the Motive line without the Fusion cover. The Cruel Intent's make a continuous move at the end of the pattern and can cover a lot of boards in heavy volume or longer patterns. The core/cover combo has allowed me to play up the boards as well as playing very deep. This combination is very versatile for me. Getting the ball in the soup (house shot) in the middle of the lane may cause the ball to skate past the breakpoint but there is amble recovery which still allows a move towards the pocket. The Cruel Intent lets me know when to put it away as it will start stand up too early and leave weak corners, like all assym's do, or run out of energy to get back to the pocket and hit softly. This coverstock is easily tunable, does not soak up a lot of oil, and like all of the other Motiv covers, does not quickly "track out".

If you use this ball as designed it will be a very effective ball. To throw it on a burnt condition will require a healthy polish and a longer drill pattern. With the Cruel Intent Motiv has a piece of equipment that acts as a great arsenal builder working in conjunction with the Primal Rage and the Tribal.

I'm very colorblind but really see this ball well with the color combinations Motiv used. The Neomark Graphic makes the ball very pleasing to the eye, give it good shelf appeal and make it very easy to see the transitions of the ball on the way down the lanes.

Dug Barker
    Motiv Staffer
    BTM Youth Writer
    Ken Bowl Lanes Youth Director
    Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach
    BWAA Member
    SWBA Member
    USBC Silver
    2003 GLBA Youth Coach of the Year

i just got this ball .its a beast