Rev Rate: 420

Axis Tilt: 20

Axis Rotation: 45

Ball Speed: 17

Layout: https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...08384245_n.jpg

PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: The Sigma Sting is designed to combat medium oil conditions providing great length down lane with a continuous angular backend reaction. Utilizing the proven Sigma core the Sting is a versatile benchmark piece that will provide the perfect match up for both league and tournament bowlers on a variety of conditions. The cover of this gem is Fusion Pearl Reactive coverstock, the same cover that is on the Rage, Cruel Intent, and Tribal.

Reaction: My Sigma Sting gets through the heads without issue while retaining energy down lane, The reaction is not as angular as my Tribal as it rolls sooner and heavier but still has a lot of recovery and power when its encounters the friction. As the Sigma Sting encounters friction the response reaction is strong and continuous, the Sigma Sting can cover a lot of boards when the oil pattern is lighter or the length of the pattern shorter.

Conditions

THS (41 feet): I played where the friction was which was down five and throughout league play I gradually moved further right throughout the night no further than 15, The recovery and response to friction was phenomenal and I saw no burn up out of the Sting ever. If I got the Sting into the oil the ball would skate beyond the break point and not recover, as the lanes break down and transition the Sting truly shines as it does not over reaction in the friction.

Wolf Pattern (32 feet): The Sting shined bright on this pattern, with all of the friction this pattern had to offer the sting covered as many boards as the red ball just with a smoother reaction. I stood ten from the left and targeted five to the right and watched the sting roll and recover, it was a smooth reaction all the way to the pin deck. If I accidentally got the Sting into the friction early I didn't pay a price for it as you would expect from other pieces, this ball excels in the friction.

Summary: The Sigma Sting is a great addition to the Motiv line up as it definitely fits in between the Rage and the Tribal, when you come across the over under conditions this is a perfect ball to have in your bag. I've also played with the surface taking it from 1500 polish, to 2000 without polish, to 800 without polish. Out of box the Sting allowed me to play right and stand in the friction without any hint of burn up , at this surface I was not able to play in the oil as the ball would skate through the break point. At 2000 the ball reaction was more delayed than it was at 1500 polished and still did not react as well as I expected to in the oil, it was a delayed smooth reaction. At 800 without polish the Sting became more suitable to play in the oil with, at this surface I was able to play more normal shot while standing in the oil. The Sting responds very well to surface adjustments and when used on its intended condition(s) its flat out phenomenal , the Sting is a brilliant arsenal addition along with the other recent Motiv gems.

Sting without warning and with no apologies.

K.C. White II
Motiv Staffer
WhyBowl Administrator