Thread: UpRoar Review

Chats: 0

Default UpRoar Review

The RotoGrip UpRoar is the pearlized version of the Rumble. The 51ML Pearl cover stock provides decent length with an aggressive break point. The UpRoar also uses the Late Roll 51 core same as the Rumble. I hand scuffed the cover stock slightly with a 2000 pad just to knock some of the polish off. The layout that I used was 45 X 5 ½ X 75 or Pin above the fingers with a slight cg kick to the right with an X-Hole on my Axis. My PAP is 5 5/8 over and ¾ up, rev rate around 300 and I am Right Handed.

I threw the UpRoar on a regular house pattern and also on the Viper pattern. What I noticed on both patterns is how easily the UpRoar glides through the front part of the lane. The other noticeable thing that stood out was how readable but aggressive the break point motion was. The UpRoar did not go sideways at the break point unless I just yanked on it at my release. Compared to the Shatter, the UpRoar has the same length but the backend motion was different. The Shatter wanted to jump or flip when it hits the dry boards whereas the UpRoar is a lot smoother. In order to get the Shatter to work on the House pattern my angle was extreme for my liking, feet were at 25 and my eyes were at 11 at the arrows. The UpRoar being more aggressive but smoother my angles were a lot better and more comfortable. I was 5 right with feet and looking at the area with my eyes. I decided to compare the UpRoar to the Rumble. Now with the Rumble out of the box with a 2000 grit finish…. The Rumble rolled earlier and smoother compared to the UpRoar. To try and make it fair I polished the Rumble. The polished Rumble did get more length than the OOB Rumble it did not compare to the overall performance of the UpRoar. The UpRoar gave me the world on the viper pattern with some room left and some room right. The Polished Rumble was either too much or not enough!

The UpRoar will be in my bag when bowling on the shorter patterns!

Dan Schaden Jr
    Storm/ RotoGrip Staff
    Vise Grip Staff

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

UpRoar #1: Layout: 55x4x70
    Tested on: 41ft THS and Don Carter pattern
    Surface and oil/cleaner: Older HPL and Ice oil with Defense C cleaner
    Results: Found this ball worked really well on the THS and playing the track area, did also have good success playing straight up the lane on the Don Carter pattern, even though this has pearl additive, it did not react like a pearl additive ball, the diff on this ball make it a great benchmark ball for any skill level of bowler. When I ran into carry down, it seemed very receptive to the carry down and it kept up the overall shape down lanes where a typical pearl ball would tend to start to slide a little more or hook early. When the Carter pattern starts to give up the front part of the lane, the ball motion did not really changed that much and seemed to be very stable on fresh and used patterns. Great overall performing ball.