Thread: Hyper Cell Review

Chats: 0

Default Hyper Cell Review

The Hyper Cell is the newest addition to HP4 line for Roto Grip. The cover stock of the Hyper Cell is 80H Micro bite and the core is the Nucleus. The Nucleus core was also used in the original Cell. The layout that I used for the Hyper Cell is 45 X 5 ½ X 45 or pin above the fingers with mass bias kicked out around 2 ½ inches from center line. I normally would need an X hole for this layout but the cg was not in line with the pin and mass bias. My PAP is 5 5/8 over and ¾ up and my rev rate is around 300. My ball speed is roughly around 15 to 16 mph and I am right handed.

The first pattern I threw the Hyper Cell on was a THS with some games on it from the previous night’s league. The Hyper Cell was checking up pretty quick in the track area so I started to move left. The Hyper Cell just wanted to Hook but the continuation down the lane was impressive…. Even for a low rev guy like myself! I ended up playing around the fourth arrow and my feet were around 35. For a comparison, the only ball I could think of was a disturbed. The disturbed was too aggressive early and had no down lane help. For comparison purposes I also threw a Totally Defiant which is a strong ball but it is pearlized. It was an easy 15 board difference with my feet and an arrow to the right between the Hyper Cell and Totally Defiant. The Totally Defiant was a lot straighter than the Hyper Cell.

The next pattern was a version of the Don Carter which is 50 feet and the Hyper Cell performed well. It was more than strong enough to handle the oil and when the pattern started to break down the Hyper Cell was still in play. The Hyper Cell’s backend continuation is very similar to the original Cell but just more hook! The only ball that I had with me to compare was the IQ Tour which was drilled stronger and had more surface on it was no comparison. The Hyper Cell had more reaction and just more performance. The Hyper Cell is a beast when there is some head oil!

The last pattern was a version of the USBC White Pattern. This version was tight and did not have a distinct hook spot. The Hyper Cell was in play from game one until game 5 when the pattern just became too dry in the heads. The continuation and the aggressiveness of the Hyper Cell allowed me to play outside where most of the players could not. The Hyper Cell allowed me to open up the lane and make this pattern look like a house pattern!
    The Hyper Cell is the new and improved Cell!

Dan Schaden Jr
    Storm/ Roto Grip Staff
    Vise Grip Staff

I wish mine would hurry up and get here.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Hold On to YOUR Old used Balls!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneo2u View Post
    I wish mine would hurry up and get here.
    hold on to your old used balls.....LOL.... It will get here sooner then you think..... LOL When did James say it should be avaiiable!!?? looking forward to seeing it in action on Mondays!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

What is Bowling?

Hyper Cell #1: Layout: 35X4X50 – out of the box surface
    Tested on: 41ft THS and Don Carter pattern
    Surface and oil/cleaner: Older HPL and Ice oil with Defense C cleaner
    Results: Found the Hyper Cell to be the MOST continuous ball I ever rolled… The overall hook was a little stronger then my Defiant with similar lay out, but what I noticed the most about this ball was the complete destruction of the pins and how it ever stopped going thru the rack. The ball never slowed down going thru the pin deck. Even of the longer pattern, the ball had great recovery and did not over hook or hook right off the pattern. The colors of the ball look great and so far after 30 games I did not see a reduction in hook or reaction. Roto Grip has a WINNER with this ball!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    hold on to your old used balls.....LOL.... It will get here sooner then you think..... LOL When did James say it should be avaiiable!!?? looking forward to seeing it in action on Mondays!!!
    Jan 7th..