Thread: Storm Reign On - Ball Review (with Video)

Default Storm Reign On - Ball Review (with Video)

Storm Reign On
    50x3.5x60

The Reign On is definitely another winner from Storm Products in the Thunder Line. Being one of the most successful lines in Storm Product history, anything coming out within it is sure to be great for a wide variety of bowlers and the Reign On definitely didn't disappoint. The Reign of Power was one of the better balls I have owned recently and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Hybrid version. The fact that they wrapped the extremely successful R2S Hybrid Coverstock (made famous by the Hyroad) to the already great C.A.M. Core made me even more excited as I was laying this one out!

My intent of the layout was to get the ball to read the mid lanes well and keep the ball from snapping down lane on shorter patterns. I expected the ball to be a little longer and have slightly more angle than its solid counterpart but this thing surprised me with just how well it could retain energy. I was able to play multiple angles and zones on the lane without giving up entry angle or hitting power. This thing started to move in the mid lane and just continued all the way through the pins everywhere. I have been able to use the Reign On in multiple conditions including some longer patterns (Scorpion) as well as the shorter patterns (Wolf) without issue.

The best part about this ball is that it is very easy to read as it transitions from skid through hook and into roll. The color pattern is contrasting enough to see the movement well but the cover/core combination just makes this ball behave for the bowler. Its controllable without sacrificing power or entry angle and that is something I always look for when building a benchmark ball for my arsenal.

If you would like to see the ball in action feel free to check out my review below:

Michael Bauer
    Storm Amateur Staff Member
    PBA Member

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Looks like a nice down and in ball! wouldn't you once like to see a NON professional throw these new balls, (maybe someone like ICEMAN)! lol There is a huge market out here for guy's that would like to see a NON Staff, Young buff guy throwing with incrediable rev's!
    If you want a real ball review with a REAL average Joe throwing the product, I am available!! (

When I look at the guy that does most of the demo's Toney,,,,,, THEY all look the same!! LOL If you didn't know the brand or make of ball you would swear they were ALL THE SAME BALL!

Notice they all are strikes!!! (.... How about some real bowlers throwing the balls, not bowling gods!! What will your balls do in the hands of older women, and men, with averages around 170/200 ???

Nice demo Michael..... Like your format!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Iceman why dont you post a short video of you throwing one of your balls
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205