Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Aslan whatever you do when this is all over just give us the cliff notes / highlights. None of this 8 page breakdown of the day.
    Takes gun away from Mudpuppy's head (making him read things he doesn't want to).

I'm sure the videos will be short (due to lack of real equipment). But I'm sure the write-up will be very "Aslan-esque". But I'll try to ablige ya.

Chats: 0

Please post a video on youtube. I will watch it. 5 minutes max. Use skillful editing !

Settle down kids…the tournament of all tournaments is still nearly two months away. We're just creating a buzz…trying to stir up some sponsors…maybe get some air time on ESPN.

ESPN classic was replaying a tennis match from like 30 years ago…I gotta think that only got "slightly" more viewers than what a ZDawg V Aslan bowling battle would get.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

ESPN classic was replaying a tennis match from like 30 years ago…I gotta think that only got "slightly" more viewers than what a ZDawg V Aslan bowling battle would get.
    Were they female players and was any HOT if so I would rather watch them.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    Were they female players and was any HOT if so I would rather watch them.
    While it is a "tad" insulting that you consider me and zdawg not "hot" enough...no...it was Micheal Chang against some guy from Europe.

Exclamation 5 weeks!

Less than 5 weeks remaining until the epic battle of good versus evil!!

ZDawg gets to be "good" because he's less hated. I get to be "evil"!!

Now, games are $5.25 each, so thats a total of 2 people at $5.25 per game = $31.50 PLUS the shared warm-up game (5 frames each) so that makes it $36.75/2 = $18.25 per person (I'll pick up the extra $0.25).

The other option is to reserve the lanes in the "VIP Bowling Area" but that's $75/2 hours. I don't think it's worth it if we can get 2 lanes to play against each other on in the non-VIP area for just over $18 a person.

On Saturdays they open at 11AM so I'm thinking if we aim for 11AM we won't have to worry about getting there at 1:00PM and finding out little Ricky is having a birthday party and all the lanes are taken. The week leading up the the epic event, I'll call the Lanes and just make sure that there isn't something weird going on like a tournament or some private party. And I'll try to sweeten em up to let them know that 2 celebrities are coming to their alley to bowl so hopefully we'll get A+ service/treatment.

Nuclear Option: IF something goes ary...and the week leading up we end up needing to change venues; venue B is Brunswick Cal Oaks Bowl in Murrieta. Venue C, if the bowling Gods are extra spiteful that particular day, would be Surf Bowl in Oceanside.

So, date/time: 11AM, Temecula Lanes, Saturday March 1st.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Sounds good, I'll PM you my cell # in a minute, figure it won't hurt to have each other's contact info. Other than that, yeah the cheaper option is probably best unless the place is being rented out by a couple bday parties (not sure how big it is).

If we have to call an audible and change the venue that's cool too.

Can we get a live webcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Can we get a live webcast?
    I WISH!! I'll send Insidebowling an email telling them about the even and we'll see if they will bring their equipment out, set up, and cover it live.

If NOT...you can give us you phone number and we'll text you after every shot. We may even give you the "Mudpuppy package" and also text when we're ordering food, when one of passes gas, any trips to the bathroom, and of course any time a ball change is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I WISH!! I'll send Insidebowling an email telling them about the even and we'll see if they will bring their equipment out, set up, and cover it live.

If NOT...you can give us you phone number and we'll text you after every shot. We may even give you the "Mudpuppy package" and also text when we're ordering food, when one of passes gas, any trips to the bathroom, and of course any time a ball change is made.
    In that case just do twitter updates. You can set up @zdawgvaslan and update real time. Maybe even get a text-ra-tary to do your updates.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast