Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    This is Crazy!!! All the posts, you had you bowl off, and NOW WE DON"T KNOW WHO THE REAL WINNER IS!!!!!!
    This could only happen in California!!!
    Um, it could happen in Florida too. Wait it did happen in Florida.

According to the rules as was defined before we started, Aslan won..

But it appears Aslan doesn't seem to get humor.

Maybe it's his only victory and feels he has to defend it to the bitter end.

The only person who has claimed I won is Bowl1820. While I don't agree with his method, I do like his outcome.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    The only person who has claimed I won is Bowl1820. While I don't agree with his method, I do like his outcome.
    I never claimed you won, just that on a "what if" that you could have won.

But I did say of the three of you, that you bowled the worst, because you were 83 pins under the average you used. Even though you had the better strike&spare percentage.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-03-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    My league actually uses 90% of 220 for our handicaps, nevertheless any way you cut it I needed that second strike in the final frame and I choked
    Yes Iceman...there IS a winner...and it's me.

zdawg...part of that last frame "what if" that I kinda kick myself over...is, after game 2...and then when you got off to a non-stellar start in game 3...I sorta "took my foot off the gas" because I figured, "Okay...zdawg is a little behind me...Mike would need a miracle"...so I did what I am often guilty of (especially when drinking) and I sorta lost focus. I was still trying...don't get me wrong....but I "for some reason" wasn't as focused. It wasn't till the 9th frame when I looked up at the scoreboard and started doing a little mathematics...and suddenly went..."Oh **** (censored so Bowl1820 doesn't give me more infractions)....zDawg can catch me!" Like I said, I got REAL nervous when you got up in the 10th and then dropped a strike. It was a rare double, but all I could think was..."all that...and he's gonna strike out in the 10th and beat me!!"

I was only less worried about Mike W. because going into Game 3, he was 32 pins back of me and I was getting another 24 pins handicap...so I'd have had to really, really tank for him to pass me. But you were far more of a threat in Game 3 because I was only 20 pins ahead of you...and giving you 26 pins....meant I had to beat you in Game 3 or I could still lose. Game 3 was a nice finish because I think it showcased what all 3 of us are more likely to throw. It took zDawg and me 1-2 games to get "right"...only took Mike 1 game to get "right". But that first game was a joke in all honesty. Mike W. could bowl 3 times a week for the rest of 2014 and never bowl a 127. You could roll out a USBC White pattern or a PBA pattern and I don't think he gits a 127 or lower. That was just a weird, weird game.

The videos will go up tonight. I'm not going to do any editing because after watching them last night...it really wasn't much "dead time". Unfortunately the microphone couldn't pick up as much of the humorous banter as I would have liked, but I think they'll be mildly entertaining nonetheless. But...gotta go practice first!! Bowling first! Videos 2nd!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

But it appears Aslan doesn't seem to get humor.

Maybe it's his only victory and feels he has to defend it to the bitter end.
    zdawg, just schedule an appointment with Mr. White to drill your ball tri-grip so we can get the rematch scheduled. I figure, the only way to truly show my DOMINANCE is to win a SECOND time. I figure we can bowl in Norco, or AMF Riverside, or maybe we just let Mr. White bowl in his OWN HOUSE....then there'll be NO DOUBT!!

If we bowl in Norco or AMF Riverside...I'd even be open to using the averages from the tourney so Mike isn't as "penalized". However, in his OWN HOUSE I think we go back to using current league averages.

But until then...it sure does feel GREAT to be KING!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    zdawg, just schedule an appointment with Mr. White to drill your ball tri-grip so we can get the rematch scheduled. I figure, the only way to truly show my DOMINANCE is to win a SECOND time. I figure we can bowl in Norco, or AMF Riverside, or maybe we just let Mr. White bowl in his OWN HOUSE....then there'll be NO DOUBT!!

If we bowl in Norco or AMF Riverside...I'd even be open to using the averages from the tourney so Mike isn't as "penalized". However, in his OWN HOUSE I think we go back to using current league averages.

But until then...it sure does feel GREAT to be KING!!!
    AMF Riverside is likely to be just as bad as Temecula. I think they also have just a few leagues. Most days they don't open until 5pm, so the pro shop there closed it's doors.

AMF is Bolmor, which means it's a bar, with some bowling alleys attached.
    Last edited by Mike White; 03-04-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I never claimed you won, just that on a "what if" that you could have won.

But I did say of the three of you, that you bowled the worst, because you were 83 pins under the average you used. Even though you had the better strike&spare percentage.
    I didn't bowl worse, I just didn't cover the spread.

AMF Riverside is likely to be just as bad as Temecula. I think they also have just a few leagues. Most days they don't open until 5pm, so the pro shop there closed it's doors.

AMF is Bolmor, which means it's a bar, with some bowling alleys attached.
    I bowled 4 games there Sunday because Arlington was totally full and I wanted to get a few games in before the party I was going to in Corona. And yeah, other than AMF Carter…it was the slickest conditions I've played on…even more so than Temecula. I don't know what it is with AMF lanes around here and just dumping oil on the lanes. Plus, the have those condensed approaches where there are 5 dots instead of 7 dots so if you try to move 12-1 boards right (to throw at a left side leave cross alley)…you need to practically straddle the ball return.

Just "ideas" at this point. I certainly want to revel in my glory a bit before a rematch…but of course am open to it.

VIDEO UPDATE!!!

Well…attempt #1 failed miserably. It appears the footage was too long to directly upload to youtube with my limited technical/video abilities. I tried like "heck" but no success. I was able to upload the post tourney discussion after a great deal of time…but I'm going to have to split the tourney footage into 3 videos and try that. Just getting into my editing software took some doing…but I should be able to edit it and see if in 3 pieces they can be uploaded…but it's gonna have to wait till tomorrow since it's midnight now.

Sorry for the delay, just some "technical difficulties" unfortunately.

Banned

I was only less worried about Mike W. because going into Game 3, he was 32 pins back of me and I was getting another 24 pins handicap...so I'd have had to really, really tank for him to pass me. But you were far more of a threat in Game 3 because I was only 20 pins ahead of you...and giving you 26 pins....meant I had to beat you in Game 3 or I could still lose. Game 3 was a nice finish because I think it showcased what all 3 of us are more likely to throw. It took zDawg and me 1-2 games to get "right"...only took Mike 1 game to get "right". But that first game was a joke in all honesty. Mike W. could bowl 3 times a week for the rest of 2014 and never bowl a 127. You could roll out a USBC White pattern or a PBA pattern and I don't think he gits a 127 or lower. That was just a weird, weird game.
    You don't seem to realize how close things were.

If I had covered the 3-6, in the 2nd, and 7 pin in the 4th, and carried the 10 pin in the 8th I would have shot 237, which would have been enough to beat you by 5 pins.

The opens the 1st and 2nd game were directly related to the strange oil pattern.

The opens in the 3rd game were unusual bad execution just trying to throw the ball straight.

And the 8th frame I left the only 10 pin for the day.
    Last edited by Mike White; 03-04-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Banned

I bowled 4 games there Sunday because Arlington was totally full and I wanted to get a few games in before the party I was going to in Corona. And yeah, other than AMF Carter…it was the slickest conditions I've played on…even more so than Temecula. I don't know what it is with AMF lanes around here and just dumping oil on the lanes. Plus, the have those condensed approaches where there are 5 dots instead of 7 dots so if you try to move 12-1 boards right (to throw at a left side leave cross alley)…you need to practically straddle the ball return.

Just "ideas" at this point. I certainly want to revel in my glory a bit before a rematch…but of course am open to it.
    Unless something really strange is happening, the 5 dots (from right to left) are boards 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30.

For 7 dots, they are boards 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35

I've seen a few lanes where the approaches are not properly in line with the lane, so what appeared to be the 20 board on the approach lined up with something like the 18 board on the lane.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast