Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Chats: 204

Okay girls, I need to get this posted before I get another infraction for typing this while wearing a brown shirt on a Wednesday.

I called the center and we're on for 11AM. Apparently they do have birthday parties and the girl who answered the phone didn't know what a "handicap" was…but I'm going to think positively that we'll be fine at 11AM getting 2 lanes next to each other and a knowledgeable person to help getting us set up. Who knows, maybe Mike will have experience with the computer they use.

Agenda:

Arrive: 11:00AM

11:20AM: Get 2 lanes and set them up for practice. I figure one game…that should give us 3 frames each to warm up.

11:35AM: Draw names for bowling order. Get the names/handicaps entered in the computer. Set up camera.

11:45AM: Quick introductions into camera.

11:55AM: Begin bowling.

1:25PM: End bowling. Quick goodbyes/summary into camera.

Thats a very conservative schedule. I think it may move quicker than that, but thats sort of a rough estimate.

The bad news is we (Mike and I) were talking about playing in a poker tournament afterwards but for some stupid reason they don't have a scheduled tournament for March 1st. They have $40 Sit and go for the end of the month but thats kinda stupid since the end of the month tournament is only $175. So I'm probably out for poker. Their cash games don't have reasonable table limits and I ain't wasting $40 for a chance to win $175.

Mike, PM me your cell number. I have zDawg's and I sent him mine. I used to have your's (Mike) in my phone but lost it when I switched phones.

LESS THAN 60 HOURS to literally the GREATEST bowling tournament EVER…with only minor exaggeration! Early results show M. White as the frontrunner and favorite to win the inaugural challenge!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Okay girls, I need to get this posted before I get another infraction for typing this while wearing a brown shirt on a Wednesday.

I called the center and we're on for 11AM. Apparently they do have birthday parties and the girl who answered the phone didn't know what a "handicap" was…but I'm going to think positively that we'll be fine at 11AM getting 2 lanes next to each other and a knowledgeable person to help getting us set up. Who knows, maybe Mike will have experience with the computer they use.

Agenda:

Arrive: 11:00AM

11:20AM: Get 2 lanes and set them up for practice. I figure one game…that should give us 3 frames each to warm up.

11:35AM: Draw names for bowling order. Get the names/handicaps entered in the computer. Set up camera.

11:45AM: Quick introductions into camera.

11:55AM: Begin bowling.

1:25PM: End bowling. Quick goodbyes/summary into camera.

Thats a very conservative schedule. I think it may move quicker than that, but thats sort of a rough estimate.

The bad news is we (Mike and I) were talking about playing in a poker tournament afterwards but for some stupid reason they don't have a scheduled tournament for March 1st. They have $40 Sit and go for the end of the month but thats kinda stupid since the end of the month tournament is only $175. So I'm probably out for poker. Their cash games don't have reasonable table limits and I ain't wasting $40 for a chance to win $175.

Mike, PM me your cell number. I have zDawg's and I sent him mine. I used to have your's (Mike) in my phone but lost it when I switched phones.

LESS THAN 60 HOURS to literally the GREATEST bowling tournament EVER…with only minor exaggeration! Early results show M. White as the frontrunner and favorite to win the inaugural challenge!!
    May I suggest at this late date, a change of venue.

I learned tonight that Temecula has a total of 3 leagues for the week, and I would expect Saturday Morning the lanes will be fried toast on stale rye.

The owner (same as Arlington) doesn't have the lanes oiled one bit more than absolutely necessary.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default IS,,,,,,,

someone looking for a reason to back out????? Heavy oil,,, medium oil,,, light,,,, shouldn't a bowler have a ball for EVERY lane condition?? LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    someone looking for a reason to back out????? Heavy oil,,, medium oil,,, light,,,, shouldn't a bowler have a ball for EVERY lane condition?? LOL
    yeah, but "not been oiled in a few days" really isn't bowling, it's chucking, and Aslan would whoop us with experience in that category.

Don't forget Iceman, back in the late 80's, they only oiled 24 feet, then left the last 36 feet bone dry.

That means 0 hold area. It's like Sport Bowling, but in the opposite direction.

According to Slowinsky's formula, the ball should be 7 inches into the gutter at the end of the oil pattern.

On that condition, I averaged 210, high games of 300, 299, 289, and many 279's. High Series of 791.

If my arm was healthy, I'd use my white dot on fried lanes and probably shoot 700.

On a THS, the outside is pretty much fried all the time, so it can't get much drier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    May I suggest at this late date, a change of venue.

I learned tonight that Temecula has a total of 3 leagues for the week, and I would expect Saturday Morning the lanes will be fried toast on stale rye.

The owner (same as Arlington) doesn't have the lanes oiled one bit more than absolutely necessary.
    I admit, I was a little worried about that given we're starting at 11AM on a Saturday and I HIGHLY DOUBT they'll apply oil Saturday morning. But I'm gonna just leave it as is...because IF we switch venues to Brunswick...or Oceanside...who's to say they will oil THEIR lanes Saturday morning?? Unfortunately, until we carry the celebrity status that we all deserve...I don't see any center agreeing to oil laes especially for out tournament. I think we just have to go in and bowl on whatever we find.

It'll probably be drier than preferred...which has some disadvantages given that it'll be less predictable and the stronger equipment might be less effective. But I think that will affect ALL of us. I plan to treat it as I do any other synthetic and bowl with the Rhythm/low loft and the Frantic as my back-up ball. If they turn out to be fried...guess I gotta either go with higher loft or go with the Frantic as my strike/spare ball. But I don't plan on bringing the Slingshot so I'll need to make one of my 2 balls work.

I'll get there early at 11...and "maybe" I can sweet talk the desk to apply fresh oil on our 2 lanes....but we're talking low liklihood there. If it s****...sorry, that might be a "bad word"....if it's "not good"....then the 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Southern California Invitational will be at Brusnwick. And if they "aren't good", we'll change the venue to Oceanside (even though neither of us really want to drive to Oceanside honestly). And it'll change based on the players. We chose Temecula because it's halfway between me and ZDawg. If it was me versus Bunny...we'd have chose somewhere in Orange County other than my home center. If it was me vs. you...we'd probably bowl in Norco.

The bottom line is, every center on a Saturday morning is probably going to s*** (be "not good"). It'd be NICE...if centers oiled every morning even on holidays and weekends....but wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first.

So...Temecula...be there or be SQUARE. If you need to bring your 11-ball roller to make sure you have the perfect ball for the unpredictable lane conditions...feel free. I won't laugh and will only "slightly" mock you...I promise. Besides, the great "M. White" is NEVER afraid of lane conditions! He rolled a 300 with a plastic ball for crying out loud!!!

Banned

I admit, I was a little worried about that given we're starting at 11AM on a Saturday and I HIGHLY DOUBT they'll apply oil Saturday morning. But I'm gonna just leave it as is...because IF we switch venues to Brunswick...or Oceanside...who's to say they will oil THEIR lanes Saturday morning?? Unfortunately, until we carry the celebrity status that we all deserve...I don't see any center agreeing to oil laes especially for out tournament. I think we just have to go in and bowl on whatever we find.

It'll probably be drier than preferred...which has some disadvantages given that it'll be less predictable and the stronger equipment might be less effective. But I think that will affect ALL of us. I plan to treat it as I do any other synthetic and bowl with the Rhythm/low loft and the Frantic as my back-up ball. If they turn out to be fried...guess I gotta either go with higher loft or go with the Frantic as my strike/spare ball. But I don't plan on bringing the Slingshot so I'll need to make one of my 2 balls work.

I'll get there early at 11...and "maybe" I can sweet talk the desk to apply fresh oil on our 2 lanes....but we're talking low liklihood there. If it s****...sorry, that might be a "bad word"....if it's "not good"....then the 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Southern California Invitational will be at Brusnwick. And if they "aren't good", we'll change the venue to Oceanside (even though neither of us really want to drive to Oceanside honestly). And it'll change based on the players. We chose Temecula because it's halfway between me and ZDawg. If it was me versus Bunny...we'd have chose somewhere in Orange County other than my home center. If it was me vs. you...we'd probably bowl in Norco.

The bottom line is, every center on a Saturday morning is probably going to s*** (be "not good"). It'd be NICE...if centers oiled every morning even on holidays and weekends....but wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first.

So...Temecula...be there or be SQUARE. If you need to bring your 11-ball roller to make sure you have the perfect ball for the unpredictable lane conditions...feel free. I won't laugh and will only "slightly" mock you...I promise. Besides, the great "M. White" is NEVER afraid of lane conditions! He rolled a 300 with a plastic ball for crying out loud!!!
    In theory all places could be bad on Saturday, however Temecula could be a whole different level of bad.
    With only 3 leagues the whole week, they might be on Sunday night, Monday night, and Tuesday night as a worst case scenario.
    That means we could be bowling on Tuesday leftovers, on a Saturday.

It might be a case where they expect us to bowl in the dark.

Arlington does that on Friday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    In theory all places could be bad on Saturday, however Temecula could be a whole different level of bad.
    With only 3 leagues the whole week, they might be on Sunday night, Monday night, and Tuesday night as a worst case scenario.
    That means we could be bowling on Tuesday leftovers, on a Saturday.

It might be a case where they expect us to bowl in the dark.

Arlington does that on Friday afternoon.
    Well, if the lights are out, we'll go to Brunswick. Of matter of fact, I'm gonna call today and ask them about lights and ask the oil question. I HIGHLY doubt the person at the front desk will know...since she struggled with the "handicap" terminology. But I'm trying to be more optimistic in 2014.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default When to armies go into battle

Sure they want perfect conditions, but it doesn't always happen! They are prepared for what ever may arise!!

I suggest the two of you prepare for battle, what ever the conditions might be, may the best warrior win!!

I have had hundreds of private messages saying in a sense: "Whats all this lane condition crying all about?"

We will all know the day of, I am sure you will post it! We don't CARE!

Let us see who conquers not only the other bowler, but the lane conditions!

It's too late to back out,,, ESPN, (it is rumored) will have a secret camera filming the whole thing undercover!!

I believe I heard, (form a secret source), that he will have a HD camera hidden in his baseball cap, on top of his head!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Well I'm not sure what Iceman is smoking...BUT!!

A) I DID call the lanes...lights will be ON tomorrow at 11:00AM!! Good news for us bowlers, bad news for you viewers!!

B) The lady at the front desk said the mechanic and desk person get in early and the mechanic almost always oils the lane before they open on Saturdays!

So...no excuses...no backing out...the Game is ON!!!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Well I'm not sure what Iceman is smoking...BUT!!

A) I DID call the lanes...lights will be ON tomorrow at 11:00AM!! Good news for us bowlers, bad news for you viewers!!

B) The lady at the front desk said the mechanic and desk person get in early and the mechanic almost always oils the lane before they open on Saturdays!

So...no excuses...no backing out...the Game is ON!!!
    Sounds good to me....

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast