Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    I agree with Mike this match isn't about who is the best bowler since handicap is involved. Real men bowl scratch!
    Yeah, that makes sense!! NOT!!!

So me and zDawg have been bowling since mid-late 2013. I initially wanted to bowl scratch against him, but felt sorry for him and offered him 10 pins per game. BUT THEN...the whole tournament changed because a bowler of 30+ YEARS....who OWNS A PRO SHOP...decided to enter the challenge!!

Now I think thats GREAT!! And I PLAN to beat Mr. White SCRATCH. But lets be FAIR here...nobody would EVER bet on football if "points" weren't given. And handicap in bowling is the same thing. Nobody would join a league if you didn't have handicap. We have 1 team with 4 of 5 players that average over 200...and another team that has 3 of 4 that average over 200. Without handicap, those teams would consistently destroy every team in the league...even if they all bowl terribly (relative to their game). If Mike is allowed to face me and ZDawg SCRATCH...he could literally bowl with a house ball and win. He could bowl his WORST series in 10 years and still win. Thats absurd.

But...GAME ON! Tomorrow...11AM...ish! Like I said, I plan to do Iceman proud...and defeat M. White scratch. I'm sure Rob M. will be a bigger Aslan fan if I can pull that off. But I also need to "pull back" a little on my awesomeness. ZDawg is a newer bowler...I don't want to completely destroy his confidence nor interest in the sport...so I'll try to keep things relatively close. Also, I'm under the radar right now...both the ABT, ABTA, TNBA, USBC, and PBA radars. So I gotta keep my "incognito" status going so Belmonte and Rash don't see me coming!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Some advice to aslan!!

SHOW NO MERCY!! NONE, Go ALL OUT!!

read the nursery rhyme the turtle and the Rabbit!! Some wisdom there that might make you rethink your ( GOING EASY)!!!

Please watch this to the END Aslan, I fear you are way to confident!!! Ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DrKmpuKhKE

Aslan YOU are the Rabbit!! Mike/Zag just might be the turtle!! You know you are the BEST, don't be overly confident!!
    Remember Mike is using Tri-Grips on all his balls,,,, what does that tell you!!!! He want to win bad!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 02-28-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

WOW!

I've never heard the story of the tortoise and the hare before!! Truly uplifting!! I have some comparisons to ***n and various other horrible things, btu I know I'll get infractions should I mention them.

Don't worry dear Iceman. I have respect for both my adversaries…but I am destined for greatness…and they are not…so this victory has already been won! Don't fret dear boy, if Mike remembers his camera, you'll be able to witness the greatness that IS Aslan in real time. Then you'll see.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Actually I AM destined for greatness....however I don't think I'll be able to take both of you PBA hall of famers in the making tomorrow, so I pre-emptively accept defeat however I will show up and bowl as well as I can...(hopefully better than I did tonight)

Banned
    Chats: 68

I'm getting too old for this waking up early on a Saturday morning crap.

Bowled last night. Horrible 181-191-189-561, we won 2 of 3, and I needed to double in the 10th to win the other, got the 1st one, but I couldn't carry a damn 4 pin.

Ok I've got 2 hours to eat, get ready, and hit the road.

But first I have to find my bottle of Aleeve… I'm a hurt'n.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense!! NOT!!!

So me and zDawg have been bowling since mid-late 2013. I initially wanted to bowl scratch against him, but felt sorry for him and offered him 10 pins per game. BUT THEN...the whole tournament changed because a bowler of 30+ YEARS....who OWNS A PRO SHOP...decided to enter the challenge!!

Now I think thats GREAT!! And I PLAN to beat Mr. White SCRATCH. But lets be FAIR here...nobody would EVER bet on football if "points" weren't given. And handicap in bowling is the same thing. Nobody would join a league if you didn't have handicap. We have 1 team with 4 of 5 players that average over 200...and another team that has 3 of 4 that average over 200. Without handicap, those teams would consistently destroy every team in the league...even if they all bowl terribly (relative to their game). If Mike is allowed to face me and ZDawg SCRATCH...he could literally bowl with a house ball and win. He could bowl his WORST series in 10 years and still win. Thats absurd.

But...GAME ON! Tomorrow...11AM...ish! Like I said, I plan to do Iceman proud...and defeat M. White scratch. I'm sure Rob M. will be a bigger Aslan fan if I can pull that off. But I also need to "pull back" a little on my awesomeness. ZDawg is a newer bowler...I don't want to completely destroy his confidence nor interest in the sport...so I'll try to keep things relatively close. Also, I'm under the radar right now...both the ABT, ABTA, TNBA, USBC, and PBA radars. So I gotta keep my "incognito" status going so Belmonte and Rash don't see me coming!
    Aslan, it's about context.

Iceman used the warrior analogy, any condition, at any time.

In a scratch situation that is fine, but if you want handicap, the conditions should be reasonable.

It's like me giving you 30 pins of handicap, then we bowl blindfolded.

Both our scores would be bad.

I doubt we would even score as high as 30 while blindfolded.

Blog Entries

Default Well!!!!! Who fricken won!!!!!!!

I don't expect to see the U Tube movie yet, but Scores, and WHO WON, WE need to know now!!

The Suspense is KILLING US!!! WAS IT THAT BAD,,,, so bad your don't want to even post the scores????? LOL

Aslan, do you have the Crown of Victory on your head, with the Gold leaves ,,,, or Is it Mike?? Could the Z guy, have been the sleeper, that upset the both of you???

Could the reason we have not hear anything be that Z, the new to bowing guy, beat you two PRO's!!!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

I need to know the suspense is killing me did I just lose my entire life savings or did I triple it.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I don't expect to see the U Tube movie yet, but Scores, and WHO WON, WE need to know now!!

The Suspense is KILLING US!!! WAS IT THAT BAD,,,, so bad your don't want to even post the scores????? LOL

Aslan, do you have the Crown of Victory on your head, with the Gold leaves ,,,, or Is it Mike?? Could the Z guy, have been the sleeper, that upset the both of you???

Could the reason we have not hear anything be that Z, the new to bowing guy, beat you two PRO's!!!!!
    The video is in post-production as we speak.

They ran the oil machine at 11 am just as we got there so it wasn't the Sahara Desert.

The rest of the story has to wait until the video is complete.

I'll make a short trailer first to wet your appetite a bit more.

Blog Entries

Default I expect a full report, and moive by 10:00pm!!

period!!

will check in around 10:00!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast