Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Okay, this has got to be a joke. You guys appeared to be friends on the video, and now you're right back to your bashing. Enough already!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Mike??????

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Okay, this has got to be a joke. You guys appeared to be friends on the video, and now you're right back to your bashing. Enough already!

speak for your self Rob!!! MIKE are you going to put up with Aslan, bragging about defeating you!!?? I think all the awards have gone to his head! HE,,,,HE<,, is even too good for any of the chicks Iceman has tried to fix him up with!! A Victory can SURE CHANGE a man!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Everything was friendly at the time, I think this is just a case of internet not properly conveying emotions.

THAT SAID, the ZMAN, that's right ME ME ME, bowled his best sanctioned score tonight with a 224 in league. While I've bowled better, the video shows I've bowled WAY WAY worse. And I got another phone number tonight, my captain asked me if I was there to bowl or hook up, I said "can't it be both"?

SO, GENTLEMAN when shall we schedule the REMATCH????

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    Everything was friendly at the time, I think this is just a case of internet not properly conveying emotions.

THAT SAID, the ZMAN, that's right ME ME ME, bowled his best sanctioned score tonight with a 224 in league. While I've bowled better, the video shows I've bowled WAY WAY worse. And I got another phone number tonight, my captain asked me if I was there to bowl or hook up, I said "can't it be both"?

There are too many people from the KC area for you to call yourself the zman. FYI, the zman is a very popular briket sandwich with two onion rings, provolone cheese on a kaiser bun... An actual piece of heaven on Earth.

Congrats on the game!!!

Chats: 204

It's hard to convey emotion on the internet. Mike and I go at each other a lot but it's usually all in good fun. To be honest, I don't know if he's being serious about the character thing or not…if he's not then ha ha ha…good joke. But if he is, then come on…it's one thing to be a sore loser…but insulting a person's character is going a bit far.

It WAS very friendly and was cool to meet zdawg and bowl with MWhite. I think it's gotten a bit "hostile" because of how this thread has gone. Instead of comments about the tournament, there were a lot of attacks on me and sort of "egging Mike on"..which only makes me more intense to defend the validity of my victory…etc…etc…etc…

But having met Mike and spent hours and hours with him bowling, drilling balls, etc… I find it hard to believe that he'd get so ticked about losing. He's a fairly laid back dude in person. I know he and you have had your disagreements…but I chalk that up to 2 guys that have a lot of knowledge and opinion…and neither wants to necessarily admit they may be wrong. But yeah, I would be surprised if Mike was actually upset. I've never seen him upset.

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    Well zdawg, as I stated after MY VICTORY…I am open to a rematch. However;

1) I think we should wait until you've figured out which ball you want to have tri-grip drilled, so we can kill two birds with one stone. I don't think it's the miracle cure that Iceman testifies to (on a twice daily basis)…but I think there's a good chance you might like it.

2) I'd like to wait until at the EARLIEST April…but ideally until September. I want to make sure I am able to fully enjoy my victory/championship before immediately putting it up for grabs.

3) Mike would have to agree not to be a sore loser next time. I mean, are we going HAVE to bowl in HIS center?? If we bowl ANYWHERE else (Diamond Bar, Norco, AMF Riverside) will he AGAIN get defeated and claim the alley was tilted or impacted by an earthquake or had a crazy jackalope oil pattern or (insert any excuse imaginable)???? Because I don't know if I can take another round of "sore losing". : (

4) It's gonna take at LEAST 1 month to agree on what averages to use next time for handicap. I'm open to using our averages from the tournament AS LONG AS we're not bowling at Mike's home center. IF WE DO bowl at his center (which would be most convenient given he's there and you're probably getting your ball drilled there)…then I propose we use our league averages but Mike has to use his highest league average in that center. So if he is in a league with a 200 average and a league with a 187 average…he has to use 200…because he has a HUGE advantage on those lanes where he bowls 2-3 times a week and has for what…15 years??? I'd also be willing to bowl at MY center…but wood lanes are going away in April…so I'm not gonna have much of an advantage unless we schedule it in October or something after I have a chance to get used to them.

5) Is this tourney ever gonna "take off"? Are we ever going to attract folks like e-tank or Bunny or that adolescent kid that yelled at me?? Or is it going to be us same 3 clowns???

6) We'll need a new tourney name. We can't use the "2nd Annual….blah blah blah…tournament" because it hasn't been a year since the last one. So we'll have to come up with a NEW tournament…like:

- "The 1st Annual Charity Tournament to Benefit Insane People from Missouri"
    or
    - "The 1st Annual Bowl1820 Creative Math Tournament of Champions" (where no matter the score, Bowl1820 finds a way to crown MikeW the winner)
    or
    - "The Rob Mautner/Aslan vs. zDawg/MWhite Celebrity Doubles Tournament" where I (after getting my awesome lesson in 2 weeks) will join Rob (kinda like the Sith) and give MWhite the chance to face BOTH of the "demons"…with zDawg's new improved moderate speed "AlabamaSlamaShot". Granted, Rob would have to drive from Vegas OR we'd have to GO to Vegas…and if we're all in the same car…no matter how entertaining that video WOULD be…I WILL leave Mike in Barstow if he starts talking about 2-handed bowling or how he didn't really lose the tournament in March.

Lots of questions to answer before the next "rematch".

Mudpuppy's Cliff Notes: Mike hates Aslan. zDawg wants rematch. The internet is the root of all evil.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 172; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Is it more of a character issue that a person immediately jumps in to fix an obvious score error? Or that someone is unable to lose gracefully??

Particularly what?

I know I'm the most horrible bowler on any planet in any solar system...and thus should bow down to the greatness that is the rest of you internet geniuses (geni???)...but here's a thought....use a different ball. I didn't have a problem with the lane conditions. MY ball wasn't hooking that much. Heck, I'd have let the competition borrow it if they had asked. I mean, how is it that me, a lowly, horrible, poor excuse for a bowler...can alter his release or his loft or even change balls...to get around problematic lane conditions....yet the greatness that is MWhite (or the international greatness that is Hampe)...bowling on those conditions would be a lost cause and provide a legitimate reason why they LOST????

You can facepalm whatever you wanna facepalm. Winners win. Losers lose. Lesser winners brag. Bigger losers make excuses.

You wanna talk character...watch the video more closely. How many times did I compliment Mike on his game? How many times did I mention being impressed about his spare shooting ability? How many times BEFORE the tournament did I mention that Mike had a higher skill level and would likely adapt better than myself or zdawg?? Yeah...go to the tape and see who was the one congratulating the loser versus making excuses why the winner won. Listen to Mike's explanantion that I only won because my "weird game" matched up more closely with the "weird lane conditions".

In other words, if Hampe or Mike White lose....it was some crazy lane condition. And if you doubt that, you're a bad bowler that will never get better because you "don't understand" that they couldn't actually lose....unless something was wrong. Pathetic.
    You don't even recognize what you were bowling on.

The scores are going to be lower, but the handicap doesn't change.

You're lucky the lanes weren't like I had tonight.

They were a little slick so you would have been at home with your 130's synthetic average.

184, one open (took the 2-4, off of the 2-4-5), had a little trouble getting the ball into a roll.

244, clean, made the adjustment, and carried well until the end.

216, clean, lost one lane, but made my spares.

Had these been the conditions we found in Temecula, you would have needed to shoot 566.

Not impossible, but well above your expectations.

A comment from your "hero" about reverse block conditions.
    http://www.walterray.com/answers2/lanecon.shtml

Anthony January 29, 2002
    Grafton
    OH

Could you tell me what a reverse block lane condition is and how a right handed bowler should play it?
    Thank You

Hi Anthony,
    A true reverse block is oil on the outsides of the lane and less oil in the middle of the lane. In reality this doesn't happen (except on very rare occasions) on fresh oil. However since lanes get most of their play in the center of the lane, the friction of the surface of the lane will typically be a bit higher in the center of the lane than the outsides. A reverse block will happen after many games if the lanes are oiled in a fairly even pattern. Normally the lanes will play the best on an extreme inside line for a right hander. But the shot won't develop inside for quite awhile so patience is sometimes necessary.
    Last edited by Mike White; 03-08-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Chats: 506

after seeing the video i am pretty sure i could take u guys =D
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    There are too many people from the KC area for you to call yourself the zman. FYI, the zman is a very popular briket sandwich with two onion rings, provolone cheese on a kaiser bun... An actual piece of heaven on Earth.

Congrats on the game!!!
    Interesting, never been to KC so I've never heard of that, but thanks!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Well zdawg, as I stated after MY VICTORY…I am open to a rematch. However;

1) I think we should wait until you've figured out which ball you want to have tri-grip drilled, so we can kill two birds with one stone. I don't think it's the miracle cure that Iceman testifies to (on a twice daily basis)…but I think there's a good chance you might like it.

2) I'd like to wait until at the EARLIEST April…but ideally until September. I want to make sure I am able to fully enjoy my victory/championship before immediately putting it up for grabs.
    Yeah, I don't mind waiting for another tourney, I think I'll probably be venturing up sooner rather than later for the tri-grip drilling so maybe if you're around when I decide when I'm going up there we can meet up and throw a few games.

Chats: 506

i think bowlingball should pay for us to get together and have a bowl off on sport shot and see whos really the best on the site =D
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast