Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Chats: 204

Thumbs up 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Longest title for a tournament EVER!! You're welcome.

I couldn't remember where we talked about our upcoming battle so I started this new thread. We can talk smack, post logistics, and eventually post write-ups, results, and maybe even a video or so.

Standard 3-game series. One game (5 frames each; alternating) warm-up. Coin flip for who goes first in warm-up. Another coin flip for who bowls first in game 1. Person who goes first in game 1 will go 2nd in game 2 and then 1st in game 3. ZDawg receives 10 pins per game handicap. Winner based on total pinfall. Tournament non-sanctioned however only USBC approved balls will be allowed. No bumpers.

No limit to number of balls you are allowed to bring with you and you ARE allowed to throw 2-handed and/or use a wrist guard…however bringing more than 4 balls, using a wrist guard, or bowling 2-handed WILL results in me teasing you relentlessly between frames.

Temecula Lanes, Temecula, CA. Did we decide on February 1st or March 1st?

Also, unless we can find a solution to be able to video the whole thing…I propose we video tape (using POS camera or cell phones as back-ups) every 3rd frame. So, frames 1, 4, 7, and 10. And of course, a short intro before we start, and a short closing message.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Everything sounds good, I'll probably be bringing two balls unless I relent and buy a spare ball (at some point I will just not sure when).

March 1st weekend is what works best, and I like the title of the tourney as well. I'm thinking if all goes well we can either make this an annual event, or maybe inspire some fellow bowlingboards.com members to hold similar tourneys in their own cities.

Also, I'm gonna ask around and see if I can find somebody that has an actual video camera, I might even be able to find a friend who will ride up with me to take care of the video duties, although no promises there.
    Last edited by zdawg; 01-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.

I wanted to add "…Extravaganza" to the end but it exceeded thread title length restrictions.

Okay…March 1st it is!

I have 2 micro SD cards for my camera…so we should be okay doing 4 frames each per game. And add to that my cell phone and I'm sure you have a cell phone…so we'd be covered. But yeah…it would be nice to tape the whole thing. Granted…I doubt ANYONE on this entire website of the most dedicated of bowlers would sit down on an evening and watch a full 1-2 hours straight of Aslan and zdawg bowling.

But I will. I have no life…so I'll watch it over and over.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I wanted to add "…Extravaganza" to the end but it exceeded thread title length restrictions.

Okay…March 1st it is!

I have 2 micro SD cards for my camera…so we should be okay doing 4 frames each per game. And add to that my cell phone and I'm sure you have a cell phone…so we'd be covered. But yeah…it would be nice to tape the whole thing. Granted…I doubt ANYONE on this entire website of the most dedicated of bowlers would sit down on an evening and watch a full 1-2 hours straight of Aslan and zdawg bowling.

But I will. I have no life…so I'll watch it over and over.
    You and me both LOL

This will be fun to watch.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 243

hey if this gets big enough maybe you can get bb to sponsor it lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    hey if this gets big enough maybe you can get bb to sponsor it lol
    You mean "bowlingboards" or "bowlingball.com"?

If you mean "bowlingboards"...I might remind you that "bowlingboards" as recently as a month ago was holding a popularity contest designed to ban me from ever participating in discussions on the site. Soooo...the odds of them sponsoring anything Aslan-related is like asking the US to sponsor an Ed Snowden fundraiser. OJ Simpson will be the spokesperson for anti-violence against women before this website will ever do that.

Maybe I could get BowlerX to put up a banner or something. Lord knows I've spent about $500 on that website buying bowling balls that currently reside undrilled in my closet.

Chats: 243

well considering bowlingball owns bowlingboards, there is no difference.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    You mean "bowlingboards" or "bowlingball.com"?

If you mean "bowlingboards"...I might remind you that "bowlingboards" as recently as a month ago was holding a popularity contest designed to ban me from ever participating in discussions on the site. Soooo...the odds of them sponsoring anything Aslan-related is like asking the US to sponsor an Ed Snowden fundraiser. OJ Simpson will be the spokesperson for anti-violence against women before this website will ever do that.

Maybe I could get BowlerX to put up a banner or something. Lord knows I've spent about $500 on that website buying bowling balls that currently reside undrilled in my closet.
    Well I guess you'll just have to bowl your first 300 game, then they'll have no choice but to sponsor you

Aslan whatever you do when this is all over just give us the cliff notes / highlights. None of this 8 page breakdown of the day.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast