Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

Thanks baker! Realistically it would probably be next year - a bit closer to home and more likely that I'll know/find a team in time to get out there. I put out a couple feelers for this year but it's getting a bit close to plan for at this point. As for NEBA - not embarrassing myself is probably goal #1 for the first couple tournaments, haha. There are some very skilled bowlers in there.

This week was a mixed bag -

Tues Mens:
    184, 207, 201 - 592 series

Strikes: 48% (16/33)
    Spares: 81% (13/16)
    - Single Pin: 90% (10/11)
    - Multi Pin: 60% (3/5)
    - Splits: 0% (0/1)
    First Ball Average: 9.18

Basically couldn't string anything together. was on the end pair and had to combat a couple odd issues - two bowlers on the other team used house balls (a real rarity in a competitive league) and one of our bowlers, who plays a similar line to me decided to resurface his ball without actaully knowing how to do it... after deoiling his ball he took sandpaper and really scuffed it up which led to interesting results for him. I loaned him my abralon to fix it up for next week with some instructions. lol... anyway it led to some really interesting breakdown that was pretty tough to combat. Game 2 was clean, game 3 was clean minus a big split I got in frame 6 sandwiched by 2 strikes on either side of it. I really only missed on one or 2 shots the whole night, left a lot of singles.

Thursday Mixed:
    213, 219, 184 - 616 series

Strikes: 46% (15/32)
    Spares: 88% (15/17)
    - Single Pin: 92% (13/14)
    - Multi Pin: 66% (2/3)
    First Ball Average: 9.34

Pretty similar. tons of 10 pins, covered all but 1. Game 1 I was on a 4-bagger til the 10th in which I ended the game with a 7-10 split. Game 2 was clean, game 3 I had 8? 9 pin counts. I don't think I matched my line up that well. The ball was coming out nicely and I was on my marks but didn't make the right moves.

I've evened out at 210 avg. in both leagues, which I'm pretty happy with. Hope to keep it there for the remainder of the season!

USBC Open tournament (team) -

190, 159, 167 - 516 series

Strikes: 27% (9/33)
    Spares: 62% (15/24)
    - Single Pin: 91% (11/12)
    - Multi Pin: 33% (4/12)
    - Splits: 12% (1/8)
    First Ball Average: 8.64

Ugh. This was a USBC blue pattern to start with, but singles and doubles had both already bowled and burnt up the lanes ahead of us. I matched up poorly again (I expected a fresh pattern this time) and brought my newly resurfaced haywire and hyroad along with a spare ball. The haywire was burning up before 30 feet. Game 1 I was actually clean, but only had 2 strikes. I was playing wayyyy inside (over the middle arrow out to about 7) but had so many single pins. By game 2 that line was toast and nothing I could do worked. I ended up with a line on one of the lanes and splits regardless of lineup/mark on the other. I should have just tried to go brooklyn, to be honest. I was moving every frame in game 3 to try to get a line, which I finally found in the 9th frame. I closed strong at least - with the hyroad throwing essentially up the middle + loft at about 19 mph, it made a late turn at just the right time to carry corners.

My 516 series was high set on my team. The other team were all 220+ averages, including a guy who was at 240. he didn't come close to 600. It was a humbling experience for pretty much everyone on the pair.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    It was a humbling experience for pretty much everyone on the pair.
    I like doing tournaments at different houses and seeing those 1-3 bowlers that think they are "God's gift"...and they barely break 500.

But yes...I did an ABT tourney and the finals were after that day's Day Squad...so the lanes were burnt up pretty good. By the time I adjusted...it was Game 3 and I think I finished in last place in the casher's round. Drove over an hour just to get my --- handed to me. : (

I think the only person who really fit that criteria was the person who showed up but didn't bowl because "he knew the conditions were going to be bad and didn't like bowling on them". LOL... I say even if it's bad, I appreciate the challenge and it's a learning experience if I face it again. Struggling with a hard condition makes me a better bowler.

Posting now because tomorrow a foot of snow is forecast (again) and we'll be getting cancelled short of a complete reversal of forecast.

Tues Men's:

237, 277, 223 - 737 series

Strikes: 73% (25/34)
    Spares: 75% (6/8)
    - Single Pin: 100% (4/4)
    - Multi Pin: 50% (2/4)
    - Splits: 0% (0/2)
    First Ball Average: 9.59

Timing was good, I think bowling Saturday really helped. Game 1 I was over/under for the first couple of frames which resulted in a high 6/10, a high flush strike, and a light 7-10. I made an adjustment 1 board left and cruised from there. Game 2 started front 9 before I left a flat 10 in the 10th. Gah. Game 3 I was behind transition a bit but adjusted and finished strong.

All 3 games with the haywire... that thing rolls so nice when there's some oil to cut through. Thinking about picking up another one before it's discontinued.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Nice set!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Thank you! I'm going to try to get in for practice this weekend to keep up the momentum. However after a quiet dec/jan the winter has really picked up, we may be getting hit again this weekend... shall see.

Chats: 256

Nice shooting MC.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Nice shooting MC.
    No kidding...

Thank you both! I seem to be in an odd rhythm right now where I'm 700+ or sub-600. Nothing around average but I guess it averages out...

Updating now because I'm actually missing Thurs this week (and next week, and the week after)

Tuesday Men's:

183, 212, 190 - 585 series

Strikes: 45% (16/35)
    Spares: 72% (13/18)
    - Single Pin: 71% (10/14)
    - Multi Pin: 75% (3/4)
    First Ball Average: 9.26

And ironically had I made my spares, this night would have been really close to average. I went in and practiced 10 pins on Monday, and proceeded to miss my first THREE last night. It would have been a 35 point swing in game 1 if I had covered those... I ended up needing to end that game XX/XXX to grind out a 183, oof. Game 2 was fine, I was lined up but had a split in the middle of a nice run, a couple spares here and there for a decent enough game. Game 3 I started leaving 10s again. Moved all over, tried different lines just could. not. get. it. out of there. Had 5 10s in a row at one point, covered all but 1. Again, if I had covered... closer to average... but ifs are just that, ifs.

My team told me not to go in and practice 10s before league again, lol. They might be right - at least not the day before!

One update this week (and none next), I'm actually in Florida right now and only bowled Tuesday this week. Sorry, no Kegel training center this time - didn't bring any balls with me. Although that is somewhere I'd really like to visit at some point. Maybe next year. Anyways..

Tuesday Mens:

237, 208, 257 - 702 series

Strikes: 63% (21/33)
    Spares: 91% (11/12)
    - Single Pin: 88% (8/9)
    - Multi Pin: 100% (3/3)
    - Splits: NA% (0/0)
    First Ball Average: 9.45

Great night here. I missed a single 9-pin on the first frame of game 1... was clean the rest of the way. I started with the Hyroad and had a good line, towards the end of game 2 it got jumpy and I moved to the haywire to smooth out the reaction downlane. It worked... game 3 was really solid, I had a nice 7 in a row from frames 4-11 and helped the team take the game/series by a few pins. Of some concern is the lack of consistency week to week, I seem to be in a "700+ or 500s" pattern. It's evening out but kind of weird, I'd like to be 700+ or 600+ on those off nights.

Immediate edit - that last part came off as a little bit complaining, not at all - I'm thrilled to be having as many good games/nights as I have had this year. I am always looking to improve though - and at this point, the "bottom end" is the easiest place to look. When you're on, you're on. When you're off is when you need to look at making sure things are right.

Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast