Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

Chats: 204

3 700-series in a row??

I think it's time for mc_runner to take the mantle of "best bowler on bowlingboards.com"...away from vdubtx....the former "best bowler on bowlingboards.com".

And...time to step up to PBA Regional level...nothing to prove at the house level if you put together 3 more weeks like this!

LOL thanks guys... I think there's a looong way to go before that Aslan. I could just ask easily run into a cold streak where nothing falls. I absolutely do plan on a few scratch tournaments and eventually regionals, but it is going to be a bit of time - I absolutely need practice on straight left side spares as well as adapting to/reading sport patterns. My alley puts a few lanes out with various sport patterns on Fridays in the summer, I'm going to be requesting those specifically when I can get in for practice.

As for anything left to prove... a certified honor score would be nice!

Case in point!

Tues Mens:

198, 214, 179 - 591 series

Strikes: 53% (16/30)
    Spares: 57% (8/14)
    - Single Pin 100% (4/4)
    - Multiple Pin: 40% (4/10)
    Splits 0% (0/5)
    First ball avg: 9.00

Finished up this league at a 214.72 average, dropped a pin last night. Started off fine, but the lane began transitioning super quickly - frames 4-5 in game 1. I did a very poor job of being anchor, game 1 was a pocket 7-10 split to end the game (lost by 6), game 2 was a shot that was on my target but came in too much for a 4-7-10 (we won that one!) and third game was a 4-6 (lost that one, but won total to defend our third place).

I had a couple issues last night, one being that when the lanes transitioned I got into a couple old bad habits - not every shot, but I tend sometimes to try overpowering the lanes. It leads me to tug the ball, and that definitely happened a few times here. The left lane ended up playing 6-7 boards more hook than the right by game 3, I adapted but obviously didn't close the games well. I also ran into some issues where a couple high rev guys were to my left, moving in hit their tracks and led to over/under, making adjustments difficult. But still, without those splits each game would have been >200 easily and we would have won at least game 1, and would have moved into 2nd place.

Final league stats:

Average: 214.72
    High game: 277
    High series: 779

Strikes 55% (593/1076)
    Spares: 77% (352/453)
    - Single Pin: 88% (263/298)
    - Multiple Pin: 57% (89/155)
    Splits: 8% (4/50)

Interesting (to me) pinpal stats - most common leave, 10 pin - 183 times. 2nd most common leave, 4 pin - only 34 times. I left more 7-10 splits than I left single 3 pins, single 6 pins, single 8 pins, or single 5 pins. I left 1 single head pin, which I apparently converted for a spare. I missed the head pin on 11 first ball throws through the season.

Pretty darn good

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    ...I got into a couple old bad habits - not every shot, but I tend sometimes to try overpowering the lanes. It leads me to tug the ball, and that definitely happened a few times here.
    I have that same problem. If the lanes aren't working...I think I can "make them work"...with even worse results than you experience.

Thanks NTB.

Aslan I think it's just something that seems natural from back when I didn't know what I was doing... if something isn't working just throw harder and try to force revs on it. It's pretty unproductive, and realizing it in the moment(then adjusting) is important but easier said than done sometimes.

Thurs Mixed:

176, 248, 205 - 629 series

Strikes: 61% (21/34)
    Spares: 61% (8/13)
    - Single Pin 83% (5/6)
    - Multiple Pin: 42% (3/7)
    Splits 0% (0/3)
    First ball avg: 9.21

Well I was a little inconsistent with my release most of the night, when it was good it was striking and when it wasn't I was coming up with too much roll and not getting the turn/drive I needed. Game 1 I had a couple washouts around some strikes with the hy road, and ended up with a pocket 7-10 in the 10th. My FOURTH split in a row in 10th frames. I did strike out in games 2 and 3, so that was a little b etter haha. I switched to the haywire in game 2 and had a clean game, moving with the oil. Game 3 I ran into the release issues again after a turkey to start. Had 4 or 5 frames where it just didn't come off right, then got it back for the end. It was nice to end the year on a good note in game 3.

League Stats:

Average: 214.38
    High game: 279
    High series: 772

Strikes: 56% (531/940)
    Spares: 74% (287/384)
    - Single Pin 86% (217/250)
    - Multiple Pin: 52% (70/134)
    Splits 9% (5/53)

If anything, consistent across the leagues which are very different (Tuesday is 5 man, competitive with normal pattern breakdown, Thursday is mixed league where most of the league has plastic, some with house balls - carry down is still a factor). I tended to focus a little less here, being a fun league, which shows in the single pin % difference - although I was below my goal of 90% in both leagues.

Interesting stat: 151 ten pin leaves, next closest was 4 pin at 40 leaves. 7-10 was my 4th most common leave in this league (attribute that to some of what I mentioned above), I left 17 of them. I missed head pin 14 times total in this league on ball 1, two of which occurred last night. I had 2 first ball gutter balls (one I remember off my leg a few weeks ago), both of which were converted for spares.

On to summer league.

Summer league doesn't start til next week, we were already accused of being sandbaggers because my partner doesn't have a sanctioned/certified average, only one from a mixed league in the house. Should be fun!

Chats: 256

Nice shooting this season MC. That 772 series you had is a great one, nice way to finish up the season. :Cool:

For both of your leagues, were they in the same house? Very consistent averages and stats for both leagues.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Thanks vdub. For the fall leagues yes, but I've been playing at different alleys and am thinking about joining/subbing in others next year.

First night of summer league:

185, 224, 256 - 665 series

Strikes: 48% (16/33)
    Spares: 86% (13/15)
    - Single Pin 91% (11/12)
    - Multiple Pin: 66% (2/3)
    Splits 0% (0/1)
    First ball avg: 9.33

On a league with 45 teams we were actually paired up with the guys I mentioned in my last post. They were actually completely fine... and using my partners book avg probably would have ended up helping them a little, ironically. Game 1 I was definitely rusty, I was coming up the back of the ball too much and not getting the drive I needed for my line. I ended up playing more down and in to compensate, but it was a lot of spares. No doubles etc. Game 2 I got my "snap" release back and things went a whole lot better. Game 3 I was locked in and swinging it with the haywire. I've been considering new balls, but not sure I need them right now considering how well the progression's been working thus far.

Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast