Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

Chats: 204

NOO!!

Don't break out of the slump! These scores make me feel like my scores are normal!

And like me...at least you're consistent. Your spare shooting can't be "that" bad if you're that consistent. I guess it depends on your strike % as well. But usually if I'm REALLY struggling with spares, my games will be all over the place...128-188-151-137-213, etc... But when I'm converting say 65% of my spares... 168-188-189-181-178-211-159. But I'm consistently around 30-40% in strike rate. If someone consistently strikes more in the 65% range...they could still consistently miss spares and their scores would be consistent.

No worries Aslan, I think this thing runs pretty deep. Fix one thing, something else happens!

204, 169, 174 for a 547 series.

Not sure if they changed the pattern or laid down some variation of a sport pattern, but in practice and the first game there was no movement at all on the ball! Inside, outside, not much difference. Broke out my solid ball (vivid) for most of game one, then again on game 3. I was having some problems hitting my mark/following through again but spares tonight were better. A few beers probably didn't help the mental/timing issues for game 2/3. I checked Pinpal, for last night I threw 38% strikes but only missed 4 spares total on the night including splits.

Tonight was brutal. Was on the end lanes and couldn't figure them out all night. Add in some chops, missed marks, continued timing issues and what feels like a changed oil pattern and this happened. Lowest series of the year:

168/152/178 - 498. Over the past 2 months the average has creeped down from a 185 to a 180.

Oh, and i'm on the same end pair of lanes on Thursday, so I guess I better figure something out!

Does anyone know how to import Pinpal data to the computer for sharing?

So the scores don't reflect it, but I felt muuuuch better tonight. 171/191/189. A few poorly timed chops and splits did me in but in general I was hitting my mark on multiple releases and getting pocket shots. My spares were mostly on as well. I was watching the ball go through the mark and following through and it felt NATURAL... timing was back. If this continues I'll break out. I really needed this kind of night.

169,205,191/565

Game 1 was a mess. Started out split/split/open and never really recovered. Was a tiny bit off of my mark and wasn't getting my revs just right. Thursday, when I was locked in it was coming off my hand better and I could watch it hit the mark, go down the lane and start to break - didn't have that tonight.

Game 2 started off the same way. Split, 10 pin whiff, strike, split, 10 pin whiff for a 55 through 5. I changed my line and started throwing harder and hit the last 6 for the 205.

Game 3 I kept the line but had a couple of hiccups - I missed a 5 pin for a spare, where my strike ball came in high (dropped the ball) and then after a turkey got a nasty 4-10 split in the 9th.

Takeaway - was able to adjust pretty well, but had a pretty major split problem (5 of them on the night, none picked up). Missed those 2 10pins by a hair each, not super concerned as I adjusted a bit and hit 3 of them in game 3. First night over average in my Tuesday league in quite awhile. I'm still struggling with any type of breakout game/series though - I can't seem to rise above that 220/600 threshold which last year I was hitting with no problem. Hopefully, it'll come. Definitely some glimmers of hope the past 2 times. Thursday is going to be cancelled since we are forecast for a foot of snow that day, but I'll get out for open bowl this weekend if I have time.

Trying to edit but having issues - meant to add that I had 50% strikes on the night which generally should be about where I am - the splits kept the scores down a bit. 8/17 on spares (as I look now it shows I had 6 splits on the night, not 5). Single pins need to get better as I missed 3 of those - two 10 pins and that one dropped 5 pin.

Open bowl:

243,159,153, 555 series

Game 1 - Felt really good, went spare, 6 in a row, spare spare strike spare for a clean game

Game 2 - All the shoveling I've been doing (including before bowling today) started taking it's toll and I lost my release due to wrist/arm fatigue. Still felt good but zero consitency

Game 3 - Experimented with a few new things including some 2-handed bowling. Just had some fun with it and worked on my spares.

Eh... 190, 173, 193 for a 556

Game 1 I had two 4-6-7 splits to ruin what was a solid game, other than that my shot was working pretty well, aside from a few 7 pins left on my left-hand lane.

Game 2 my adjustment to get the 7 pins on the left lane began leaving 10 pins, so I was chasing my reaction all night. Add a flubbed strike ball in there, and one missed 10 pin and it turned into a sub par below average game

Game 3 started a bit shaky but I recovered well at the end. Had a pocket 7-10 in the middle and chopped a 3-6-10 in the 7th, but was clean otherwise.

Not a bad night but fairly solid. Looking forward to spring where I can actually bowl most of my leagues (half time in tues, full time thurs) without threat of snow.

Tuesday men's league. Was expecting to have tonight off but one of our guys cancelled last minute. More importantly, this starts the 3rd... third of our season scoring and we finished dead last in the 2nd third, but started out winning tonight!

179/177/203, 559

Game 1, COULD NOT strike. I had 2 strikes total and 5 single-pin leaves (along with 2 splits, one of which was a pocket 7-10). Covered all spares but the splits.

Game 2 wasn't a whole lot better. Chopped a 3/6/10 in the 3rd, and missed a 4 pin (ugh) in the 5th. Recovered with a turkey in 7/8/9, but then left a bucket in the 10th and only covered 3 (ugh).

Game 3 was clean, and almost a dutch 200 actually. One lane kept leaving me 9 counts and the other I was striking on, but covered all spares.

Stats didn't look so great tonight, but pleased with the spare shooting:

37% strikes (after going 50% even the past 3 weeks straight, a bit of a letdown)
    90% single pin (9/10)
    60% multiple pin (6/10 including 2 splits). 75% non split.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast