Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

Final night of Tues league, 4/24:

210, 221, 245 - 676 series

I needed a 651 to clinch a 220 avg, and managed to close out strong for it! That was my goal going into this year and am very pleased that I made it... even with less practice time and less bowling in general. I threw really well most of hte night, ran into a couple splits but once again covered single pins.

Rolloff is next week... 2 games, we'll see how that goes.

Roll off was last night, not much good to report here, unfortunately. Had a flare up of tendonitis in my bowling wrist - spreading mulch all weekend was a bad idea - but took some ibuprofen and decided to give it a shot. Honestly, I shouldn't have bowled and am feeling it pretty good today.

We lost both games, I went 213-187. Lanes were incredibly dry and by game 2 I had trouble keeping my weakest ball right of the head pin. I was probably 1 mph slower than normal just due to the wrist, which didn't help. Lots of 4-7s from coming in high, but clean outside of some splits.

Wrist is still healing up and summer league doesn't start til next week, so I might as well post some final league stats and some ones I find interesting:

Average: 220.25 (93 games) (met goal of 220)
    High game: 279 (x2)
    High Series: 762
    First ball avg: 9.35
    Strikes: 59%
    Spares: 75%
    - Single Pin: 91% (met goal of 90%+)
    - Multiple Pins: 48%
    - Splits: 7%

Most common leaves:
    - 10 Pin (137 times)
    - 4 Pin (37 times)
    - 7 Pin (32 times)

Interesting-to-me facts:
    - I left 13 7-10 splits, converting 0. The next most common split was a 4-9, which I left 6 times (2 for 6 on converting).
    Average by game: 219.52, 224.52, 216.71
    - I only missed 2 single pins the whole year outside of 10s. Still need to work on those a bit.
    - 2 series below 600 on the year, a 583 and a 585. Next year a goal will be something I never would have considered realistic a few years ago - no series under 600

Don't have a pic for this week, but summer league doubles started. Wrist finally healed up towards the end of last week and felt OK, almost 4 weeks between bowling though definitely showed it's rust on my strike ball, especially early:

196, 218, 216 - 630 series

I'll see if I can load up the pic and edit later. Spares definitely kept me alive in this one though.

Last edited by mc_runner; 05-24-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Monday doubles - 265, 257, 179 good for a 701. I couldn't miss game 1 til my thumb stuck at a bad time. The 10th frame was all me making a bad throw though. Adjusted early in game 2 and was back on. Game 3 I hit transition as well as just plain forcing the ball and this was the result. I made a ball change halfway through and that didn't help much. Limped to a 701 after a huge first couple games... most mad about the missed 4 pin spare! First one in a year and a half.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

A little trouble that last game, But still a great set.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Monday doubles -

258, 215, 222 - 695 series

A decent set all around, I got away with a couple misses (mixers were working well), but didn't get away with a couple on 2 big splits. Other than that, solid but missed my first 10 pin of the season.

Last edited by mc_runner; 06-20-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Couple day late, monday doubles:
    223, 236, 259 - 718 series

Again, no complaints here - lanes transitioned really early (mid game 1) with a couple of crankers as opponents - who were bowling up 10 for some reason at 20+ mph. As long as I was able to keep it in the oil and then bumping it out to the side from there on, I was fine while they both struggled mightily games 2 and 3.

On an unrelated, but interesting note I found out my alley puts out sport shots on sunday morning for practice as of this summer. Will definitely have to make my way in to get some reps on harder patterns!

3 games on mystery sport shot (girl at the desk didn't know). There were 8 lanes set up with the sport shot, I had to wait a bit and threw on a couple of random lanes until one freed up. I got there only an hour after opening, so word spreads fast.

I ended up actually getting a pair. The shot seemed like it was probably a medium length, mostly flat shot when it started, the guy in front of me was a 2 hander who burnt the middle up pretty good. I ended up standing at 18 and targeting 8 with the DDT on the left lane, and fishing around for quite a while on the right. I eventually found a similar line (stand 21, over 9), with my polished storm byte (asym pearl) by game 2. Obviously not much miss room, and I shanked a couple easy spares. Good practice to shoot them all with plastic though. I didn't keep track of pinfall, but shot a 164, 205, 171 for a 540. The first game took a solid 4-5 frames to figure out the lane play and reaction.

I found out the shot was Broadway, so shorter and the play line, breakdown etc. makes perfect sense. They'll have that up again this week, TBD if I'll be able to make it in (hopefully on a fresh lane, and knowing what I'm throwing at this time).

On to league scores:
    168, 219, 227 - 614 series

Not the best night, but I was due for a correction - I'm not a 230 avg. They definitely changed up the pattern a bit, played much heavier and it was tough to get my ball into a roll. When I moved outside still struggled. Eventually moved in and slowed down and found an OK line for games 2 and 3 with regular adjustments from there. Going to be adding a bit of surface to my ball before league next week.

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast