Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

182/156/218, 556 series

Same issues as Tuesday. Kept leaving 9 counts in the first frame in game 1. They weren't all the same pin either, so I was all over the place adjusting. Picked up all but 1 spare, on a whiffed 10 pin that I should have taken my time on and made.

Game 2 was messy, I was trying to move around a little more and started playing more inside - which was great, except I threw strike/big 4/strike/strike/2-4-10 with it and decided it wasn't worth it.

All came together in game 3 once again. Split in the first then clean with mostly strikes after. I need to find that groove earlier in the night - in this league I'm usually alone playing the right side (lot of straight bowlers) so it should work once I find it.

Man am I lost right now. I figured I was getting a ton of 9-counts early in the night with the byte, so I pulled out the taboo with the intention of starting out with it and switching to the byte when I lost the reaction...

Game 1: 213. Taboo felt great, save for a pocket 7-10 in the 8th
    Game 2: 162. Started strike/spare/strike with the taboo, then bowled another pocket 7-10 and decided to switch - bad idea. Couldn't get the same reaction with the byte and left a lot of light hits.
    Game 3: 222. switched back to the taboo and was on a tear until I pulled my 10th frame shot and finished with a 6-7 split. 250+ game turned to a 222, oh well

597 series. Guess I'll stick with my old ball for now? This has been my best series in awhile, and felt natural on the release. The byte felt good too, just different.

I was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tonight.

Game 1 it took awhile to find my mark and get my timing down, I have had a very stressful start to the week. Hit most spares, did have 1 chop. Didn't get a strike until frame 8:

Game 2: found the mark! went with the Taboo and had a clean game. Picked up a 2-4-8-10 split, other than that nothing noteworthy, was hitting my mark, following through, ball was doing what it needed to:

Game 3: lanes were BURNT UP. Had no idea what the hell I was doing with adjustments - both balls, left, right, fast, slow - could not find anything that worked. I threw 5 splits including 4 in a row from frames 5-8. Ended up with a 138. In retrospect I know exactly the adjustment I should have made - a board right, and flatten out the wrist with my fast shot. I'm not sure what stopped me from seeing that in the game, but whatever:

All in all I ended up with a 538 which is just a few pins under average. Considering how the last game went, I'll call that a salvaged 538.

Been forgetting to add my stats, so here it is:
    Strikes: 36% (12/33)
    Spares: 65% (13/20)
    Single pin: 85% (6/7)
    multipin (minus splits): 5/7
    splits: 33% (2/6)

Eh, another not-great night.

186/183/201, 570 series

Game 1 and 2 were almost the same, throwing mostly good shots, not getting carry, making spares and trying to adjust. Game 3, halfway through I remembered my "move a board right and flatten out the wrist" approach and... surprise surprise, it worked! Just need to not forget that!

Stats:

Strikes 30% (10/33) - Abysmal
    Spares 85% (18/21) - GOOD
    Single pin - 87% (7/8) - Good, but should be 8/8
    Multipin, no split - 11/12
    split 0% (0/1)

Broke out of my slump, big time tonight!!

Game 1, 182
    Game 2, 277
    Game 3, 234
    Series: 693

Game 1 I started with my Taboo. Everything felt pretty good, but I was a little off on one lane. I got a 10 pin that I whiffed (7-10 split but late 7 fall), then a 10 pin, then a 7-10 split... made an adjustment and closed out decently

Game 2 I switched balls to the byte. I led off the front 9 - which I've never done - only gotten TO the 9th frame before. Tonight I got to frame 10. I felt OK leading off in the 10th, but in my backswing I knew my timing was off and left it a bit light, for a 2-5-7 split. I covered then struck in the 12th for a 277 (1 off my personal best)

Game 3 stayed with the byte, but picked up the speed a tick. Had ONE miss in the third frame - and chopped my spare. Other than that I was all strikes with 1 other spare to the 10th.

Stats:
    Strikes: 69% (23/33)
    Spares: 66% (6/9)
    single pin: 66% (2/3) missed 10 pin once
    multipin, no split: 75% (3/4)
    splits: 50% (1/2)
    Opens 9% (3)

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Broke out of my slump, big time tonight!!

Game 1, 182
    Game 2, 277
    Game 3, 234
    Series: 693

Game 1 I started with my Taboo. Everything felt pretty good, but I was a little off on one lane. I got a 10 pin that I whiffed (7-10 split but late 7 fall), then a 10 pin, then a 7-10 split... made an adjustment and closed out decently
    Ya think if you had used a slightly more aggressive ball, you wouldn't have come in behind the pocket and left those 10 pins, or hit like a marshmallow leaving the 7-10 split? My main question is how did you avoid the 4-6-7-10?

Game 2 I switched balls to the byte. I led off the front 9 - which I've never done - only gotten TO the 9th frame before. Tonight I got to frame 10. I felt OK leading off in the 10th, but in my backswing I knew my timing was off and left it a bit light, for a 2-5-7 split. I covered then struck in the 12th for a 277 (1 off my personal best)

Game 3 stayed with the byte, but picked up the speed a tick. Had ONE miss in the third frame - and chopped my spare. Other than that I was all strikes with 1 other spare to the 10th.

Stats:
    Strikes: 69% (23/33)
    Spares: 66% (6/9)
    single pin: 66% (2/3) missed 10 pin once
    multipin, no split: 75% (3/4)
    splits: 50% (1/2)
    Opens 9% (3)
    Last edited by Mike White; 03-19-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Ya think if you had used a slightly more aggressive ball, you wouldn't have come in behind the pocket and left those 10 pins, or hit like a marshmallow leaving the 7-10 split? My main question is how did you avoid the 4-6-7-10?
    Judging from the last 2 games I think starting with the Byte would have been a better idea. Game 1 I was a little light into the pocket with one of my 10 pins and the 7-10 split, so I made an adjustment right a board and seemed to fix the angle issue.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Judging from the last 2 games I think starting with the Byte would have been a better idea. Game 1 I was a little light into the pocket with one of my 10 pins and the 7-10 split, so I made an adjustment right a board and seemed to fix the angle issue.
    My comment was made in Jest.

Browse thru this thread here

You'll see I had a game very similar to your 182, and I was informed of all the bad decisions I must have made.

The difference appears to be, I left a big four split, and you didn't.

Ah! makes a lot more sense now. The 4-6-7-10 part was really confusing out of context

225,191,213 for a 629 series

Despite Tuesday's success, I started with the taboo game 1 and had a clean game. Felt a tad off all night, but was able to close frames pretty well. game 2 I switched to the byte to see what it would do, but couldn't match the reaction up quite right so I changed back to the taboo and flattened out my release in game 3. Overall a pretty solid night and frankly, what I feel like I "should" be bowling on any given night. Nothing really bad (couple splits on slight misses) but otherwise where I should be.

Stats:

Strikes: 51% (17/33)
    Spares: 73% (11/15)
    Single pin: 100% (6/6)
    multipin, no split: 71% (5/7)
    splits: 0% (0/2)

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast