Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

I had a tough time in both leagues this week. had issues getting into a rhythm and reading the lanes. Tuesday it seemed like my DDT suddenly and without warning died, so I hit it with some surface after bowling. It sorta-helped for Wednesday but I didn't do myself any favors by trying to overpower the lanes instead of working with what they gave me. Onto the scores...

Tuesday:

218, 211, 171 - 600 series

Scores for games 1 and 2 were better than how I threw it, game 3 slightly worse. All in all I was happy enough to come away with the 600.

Wednesday:

223, 234, 157 - 614 series

I had some issues in game 1 but had a line working great in the second half and into game 2. Instead of working with the lanes though I got jumpy in game 3, switched balls, moved in/out, etc and ended up missing my mark a lot of the frames.

I had a couple issues with 10 pins in both leagues, they'd hit gutter JUST before the pin. In all, something is kind of off with my timing and I need to figure out what.

A little better this week.

Tuesday:
    201, 205, 242 - 648 series

Struggled through games 1 and 2 before finding a line (I moved back right??) and rolling off 11 in a row ending game 2 and front 7 game 3. Got fast and threw a split in the 8th, after that spared out for a decent end.

Wednesday:
    199, 222, 242 - 663 series

Kind of similar, ball wasn't finishing when I was inside so I ended up moving back right later in the set and getting a good read into the pocket. Weird, especially with several high rev players, but if it's working I'll take what the lanes are giving me. We swept and are now in first place here 6 weeks in!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    A little better this week.

Tuesday:
    201, 205, 242 - 648 series

Struggled through games 1 and 2 before finding a line (I moved back right??)
    I've been finding myself doing this a lot lately. I think there's a transition coming, so I jog a little left. End up moving back in a few frames to right where I was. Think I'm just getting frustrated....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Tuesday Mens:

225, 213, 248 - 686 series

Everything felt really good on this one. Game 1 I was clean out side of a pocket 7-10, and was actually clean the rest of the night. Most of the season I've been struggling some with my release, forcing it, this felt really natural as I was able to stay behind the ball and generate some power on my throws. Then...

Wednesday:
    213, 223, 161 - 597 series

Complete opposite. I was trying too hard to find my release from Tuesday, thinking about it, and just kind of tanked. I even had a first ball gutter in game 2 (picked up the spare, had a clean game... ironically my only one on the night). Game 3 was a mess. All splits on the right lane regardless of ball or line. I was also definitely forcing the ball as I feel it in my wrist today - same problem I've had.

I need to work on my release and not forcing the shot. league isn't the place to "get it right" so I need to get in for some practice and get comfortable again.

Mediocre week all around, again.

Tuesday:
    218, 227, 202 - 647 series

Well, I had 2 no-tap 300s in a row, then finally in frame 8 of game 3 left a multiple pin (2-5) leave. I was also 29 clean until the 10th frame in game 3, when the lane apparently transitioned super quick and I left a split on what seemed to be a good ball out of the hand.

I threw the ball well all night, but couldn't string anything together.

Wednesday:
    238, 192, 193 - 623 series

ehhh. Game 1 was fine, game 2 was a mess - whiffed 10, a chop, a split. I switched to a pearl in frame 8 (a few frames late) and punched out. game 3 I just didn't play the lanes super well - left was hooking more than the right and it took me too long to see it, I was stubborn after my end on game 2 - and also throw a pocket 7-10 in there and it is a mediocre kind of night. However, we managed to sweep against a solid team with a couple PBA guys in it and extend our first place. Gonna have a target on our back real soon.

Tuesday:

243, 237, 184 - 664 series

Not bad, I left a ton of 7 pins. I baked and resurfaced the DDT and it's just not biting much at all. It was very night and day too - I wonder if the core separated or something funky. It's not the lanes, my other equipment is fine as is ball reaction from others who play similar lines/balls. Either it up and died or something else at play.

Wednesday:

211, 238, 201 - 650 series

Similar issues with the DDT through most of game 1 then I switched to pearl for a better look - it made a difference, although I started leaving 10s by game 3. I made an ill-advised move back to the DDT to try to smooth out the reaction and it just had no drive. It wasn't rolling out, it was just not revving up and turning over (this is when I started thinking the ball was actaully dead - less than a year though with cleaning/maintenance?). I switched back to pearl for the last frame and went XX9. Bleh.

I'll probably try resurfacing my old Haywire and compare the reactions in practice next week, but it is looking like ball-shopping time!

Interesting week.

Tuesday:

253, 259, 247 - 759 series

Great scores but had to play pretty outside with the DDT. Line never really broke down and I had great timing all night. No tap 900 (not counting the fill ball in game 1 where I moved and tried a line). Not clean because I missed a 7 pin in game 1... doh.

This night came out of nowhere, to be honest. I've been struggling.

Wednesday:

187, 228, 193 - 608 series

Struggled here after such good games on Tuesday. I had no drive into the pocket whatsoever and ended up throwing pearl most of the night. Game 3 I was severely over/under and took too long to fix it. Eh. Quick edit - I was also throwing really well, but had very very little miss room. At the breakpoint outside of 7 died out, but 9 and in was a puddle that never turned.

I ordered a Code X and a Hustle INK, should have punched up by next week. I have had nothing for the fresh/top of the bag lately and I think the DDT will be a good step down from the Code X. Excited to see how they play, every ball I have now has >200 games on it.

Chats: 0

Nice series on Tuesday!
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Thanks Blacksox!

Tuesday:
    193, 205, 192 - 590 series

Well, I got my 2 new balls (code x and hustle ink) and brought them to league without throwing a shot. I really liked how they both rolled, I simply didn't carry well. Tried out a couple different lines, I think the Hustle is going to be excellent for later sets/easy benchmark reaction. The Code X was revving up really nicely, but will take a little tweaking on the shot/breakpoint to get dialed in. I expect next week to be fine.

I missed 4 10 pins tonight, that's really what hurt my scores. I would have been 633 picking them up. I was just grabbing at the bottom of the swing on them for some reason and pulling the shot.

Tuesday:

232, 181, 215 - 628 series

Starting to feel a lot more comfortable with the new balls. The Code X isn't a hook monster, but has nice continuous motion and drives really well. Game 1 I was lined up and outside of a badly pulled shot for a split, was on my target. game 2 I hit some transition and also made a couple poor adjustments that led to a lot of single pins. Switched to the INK towards the end of the game. third game was going really well, til I split in the 10th... lol. All in all a couple mental mistakes and stuff, that's been cropping up a little bit this year but I think I'm headed in the right direction.

Wednesday:

223, 225, 225 - 673 series

Well, pretty consistent, haha. Code X for all but 6 frames in between games 2 and 3. Had a pretty nice line and read transition well - only one major blip on the night when I got it way wide and washed out in game 1. Really pleased with how this one came about, now to carry it over to next week.

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast