Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

Thanks all! It was a bit of an adventure early on but I seem to be turning the corner... feeling comfortable and stringing shots again.

Tuesday:
    243, 266, 190 - 699 series

I went in with a plan to use the INK out of the gate, as 1. I've struggled in this league a bit, and 2. I hadn't felt super comfortable with it. I had knocked the polish off to a 4K surface and wow, what a difference. Predictable, continuous and hit like a truck. Reminded me of a smoother hyroad. Got outside on one shot for a washout, I think I had one other 9/ and then the rest of the game was strikes. Ended with a 5 bagger and started game 2 with the front 9, then hit transition HARD in frame 10 and left a 5-7 split. Realistically I had noticed it a frame earlier but was still getting the drive and carry and didn't really want to adjust off it given where I was at in the game. however, that all bit me in game 3 as I was behind transition by that point and just tried to make adjustments. I was still clean and on pace for a 220ish game until I left a big 4 in the 10th after 2 strikes. Oops.

Wednesday:
    192, 236, 220 - 648 series

Didn't really like how any ball was reacting in practice, started Code X for the first couple frames, switched to the INK after the 3rd. Chopped and missed a 10 pin back to back in frames 2-3. Lot of 10 pins in game 1 (for both teams) but settled in towards the end. Games 2 and 3 were both INK and really used that strong-off-the-spot-yet-smooth motion to my advantage. Did pretty well considering the lanes were playing pretty tough. We went against a high average team and ended up sweeping - which clinched first place for us for the half. This is "the" big money league and it being our first time in the league, we were all pretty pumped up!

Tues Mens:
    206, 224, 215 - 645 series

Weds Classic:
    203, 182, 182 - 567 series

Not all that much to report here, to be honest. I simply didn't match up that well with the lanes either night. Tuesday I don't think I missed on a ball all night but left 12 10 pins. I'd have a few strikes, then get 2 or 3 tens. Moving in, flat 10. Change ball, ring a 10. Wednesday was much of the same, except I had more variety of pins, and I couldn't string anything. I was a little bit more off on my shot which showed on the scores. Rough week, but it happens.

Really struggled last night. Normally I bowl well when I have a cold, that was not the case here.

194, 187, 195 - 576 series

I only was off on a couple shots. Lots of back row pins and a few 4s, really. Adjustments didn't help a ton, but mainly I couldn't string anything. This tells me the pair was playing a little bit different and I just couldn't catch up to it. Will try to get in for some practice tomorrow to at least work on my physical game/timing a bit, which has been off for quite a while now.

Wednesday Classic:

221, 225, 186 - 632 series

Should have been higher - left some pins out there with a couple of whiffs, chops, and splits. Had a pretty good line in games 1 and 2, moved with transition, but lanes were totally burnt by game 3. After starting strike open/open, I switched to the hustle INK and played inside. Was much more consistent there save for back-to-back stone 9s on one lane (there were a ton of 9s left on that lane, think there was a pin spotting issue).

Tuesday:

258, 246, 209 - 713 series

This was a good night. My timing was pretty on for all 3 games and outside of a greek church in game 3, was clean, stringing strikes and all that good stuff. Just felt pretty loose and relaxed. Code X first 2, switched to the INK after the split in the 2nd frame of game 3.

Wednesday:

181, 210. 213 - 604 series

Well, I got in late and didn't really have enough time to read the lane before scoring started (bascially got a chance to throw one warm up ball and that was it). Started a little rough and my timing was not great for most of game 1. I started posting shots and turned it around at the end. Game 2 was clean, just a lot of single pins. game 3 was actually going really well until I threw a big split in the 10th. Breakdown was weird, it was the end pair... just kind of a grind it out kind of night.

Tuesday Mens:

243, 259, 185 - 687 series

Started with the wrong ball for a few frames in game 1, switched to the code X and strung a bunch together. Same thing in game 2 - front 7 before I started hitting a little transition on the left lane. Game 3 was all single pins and I couldn't find a good line, or get a double. Need to figure that out a little bit more... moving in hasn't worked the last 2 weeks. May try pulling out my old pearl (which needs replacement, has a balance hole) next time I run into it.

Wednesday Classic:

204, 210, 184 - 598 series

I actually bowled better than the scores indicate. Ended game 1 with a pocket 7-10 to blow a good game. Game 2 featured a couple of really poorly timed splits in between strings. Game 3 was kind of similar to Tuesday.... lots of single pins and me fishing around for a line and battling over/under. Our whole team had issues in the third game. This set should have been an easy 650+ so kind of disappointed.

Nothing very interesting to report this week:

Tuesday:

184, 202, 226 - 612 series

Game 1 featured 2 strikes, 8 single pin counts (including 6 10 pins) and a pocket 7-10. Just carry issues, once again adjustments weren't helping much. Changed balls for game 2, slightly better but still a little tough to string. Game 3 was clean and felt good to end on a positive note. This was another night that I was throwing the ball really well, no "misses", and just didn't have much go my way. On the plus side, I was 13 for 13 in single pins, ha.

Wednesday:

225, 208, 210 - 643

Should have been higher. Chopped a couple spares in bad spots (6-10, 2-4-5 both on doubles). I had a few issues with transition/breakdown but for the most part adapted OK.
    On a slightly related note, I've found that when transition hits the code X becomes almost unusable very quickly. The reaction gets really lazy downlane and it hits like a pillow. Once the lanes fully transition and get more burnt, I can swing it really effectively but that middle time is a real problem. I've been combating it with the hustle ink, but that tends to be a bit over/under as well. Any suggestions?

Forgot to add last week, which actually kind of works in my rundown.

Tues (1/29):
    214, 211, 256 - 681 series

Wed (1/30):
    192, 211, 212 - 615 series

On Tuesday I mostly did fine but left 4 splits between games 1 and 2. Enough to derail high scores, but I felt pretty solid otherwise. Wednesday I was a single pin machine, think I left 14 of them.

Sometime during the weekend I looked at video of myself from last year/summer and compared it to video I shot earlier this season. I've been struggling with release/revs all season in both leagues. I realized that I'm flattening my wrist out at the top o the backswing this year which is causing me to come around the side of the ball all the way through release, vs last year when I was cocking my wrist and coming through the ball. ding ding ding.

Tues (2/5):
    258, 242, 223 - 723 series

Weds (2/6):
    256, 216, 236 - 708 series

Cliff notes are I started with the INK both sets here as it was reading the oil really well. when I started to hit transition and couldn't carry the corner any more, I switched to the code X. Tuesday features carry down, while Wednesday burns up the lane/track. I was a little more outside/down & in game 3 tuesday and would have been fine if I didn't end the night with a dumped 10 pin... Wednesday I still had 10 pin issues (picked them all up, would have been a 750 set) but man, my release is so much better. I found what I was searching for.

Edit: Wednesday was a no-tap 900. Not a leave other than single pins.
    Last edited by mc_runner; 02-08-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Chats: 256

Nice run this week mc!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Tuesday was snowed/iced out this week.

Wednesday:
    182, 216, 222 - 620 series

I kind of struggled with my timing most of the night, led to a few bad shots. The lanes were almost constantly changing as well, was tough to get into a rhythm. Ended up with a respectable set after struggling in game 1, and also ended up pretty far inside by the end of the night.

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast