Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

I decided to do a tournament today, a local USBC handicap.

It was on a "modified house shot" which just seemed like a bit longer pattern and a little more on the outside. Using the byte I was able to play my normal line... it was a 3 game tournament and the highest scores win.

Game 1 - 211
    A few jitters, left 2 open frames of my first 5 but recovered with a 5 bagger and a x9/ in the 10th

Game 2 - 247
    Clean game! line held well, and iI cleaned up the couple of misses I had with spares

Game 3 - 214
    Another clean game, towards the end I started thinking 700 and threw a couple of not-great shots (not terrible, but a little off the line).

675 series - coming in I was/am carrying a 185 book average, so I went for a 780 handicap (100% of 220). There were a few scratch bowlers in the tournament, one even shot a 300, but I think I actually have an excellent shot at winning the entire thing. I'll find out I'm assuming via mail or in a league how I did.

Stats:
    strikes: 55% (19/34)
    Spares: 85% (11/13)
    single pin: 88% (8/9)
    Multiple: 75% (3/4)
    Splits: N/A (0/0)

First game was 214, not 211. stupid typo... and edit post is messing with me again. Just want the math right!

So I went and got wings with one of my teammates before bowling tonight. While he bowled great, it made me feel really sluggish and off. Also, I left my phone in the car so I couldn't use pinpal tonight. It was not a good night - I was a board left on EVERYTHING.

I don't remember the exact scores, but I ended up with a 505 series - quite the letdown after the nice 600s I had been bowling. Off this Thursday as my fiancee is getting surgery, but hopefully back next week with a better attitude and set :P

Better night tonight:

212/222/167, 601 series

Felt pretty good the first 2 games, lost it in the third ending with 4 opens in my last 5 frames - both strikes and spares were off. Just lost my concentration a bit.

Stats:
    Strikes: 45% (15/33)
    Spares 58% (10/17)
    Single pin: 83% (5/6) - whiffed on a 10 pin in game 2
    multi pin, no split: 4/7
    splits: 25% (1/4)

Ehhh. Felt really good going in but my shots and scores didn't reflect it:

202/172/192, 566

First game started out well with a double, then lost it a bit and got a ton of spares before chopping in the 8th. Doubled in the 10th and thought I had fixed it.
    Game 2 was a mess, 3 of my first 5 were splits (got 1 of them, a 5-10) and then switched balls to the byte. Ended "ok" but still wasn't quite on.
    Game 3 I nearly got a dutch 200, but switched my spare/strike lane in the middle of the game and ended up with a clean 192. Lots of 9 counts. It wasn't that I was getting bad reactions, save for 1 4-pin leave and a ringing 10, but most of my missed shots were a hair off. Not a terrible night overall, but could have been a LOT better.

Stats:
    strikes: 32% (11/34)
    Spares: 85% (18/21)
    single pin: 100% (12/12)
    multipin, no split: 8/9
    splits: 33% (1/3)

Are you going to use that new ball on the Virtual Bowling Tour?

Want to.. but it's just not gonna happen this summer. I definitely want in for the next round though.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Want to.. but it's just not gonna happen this summer. I definitely want in for the next round though.
    Now is a better time. 1st round people will be immortalized.

Up and down night tonight.

245/159/190 for a 594.

First game was going really well but I lost my reaction at the end of the game and was playing catchup to the lanes the second game. Third game I just started throwing it hard and it sort of worked - would have been a 210 or so if I hadn't missed on a 4 pin (doh).

stats:
    Strikes: 39% (13/33)
    Spares: 70% (12/17)
    Single pin: 81% (9/11)
    Multiple pin, no split: 67% (2/3)
    Splits: 33% (1/3)

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    So I went and got wings with one of my teammates before bowling tonight. While he bowled great, it made me feel really sluggish and off.
    I made the mistake of eating a big bowling alley meal before bowling last month. ugh... By the second game my body was working on that food and my energy just left the building. So I feel your pain!!
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast