Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: mc_runner's scores

Man, it's terrible when it happens. You know what you want to do but your body just does not want to cooperate.

169/217/188 tonight for a 574 series.

Poor spare shooting did me in - not much else to say about that. Missed a few easy ones in games 1 and 3.

Stats:
    Strikes: 42% (14/33)
    Spares: 77% (14/18)
    Single Pin: 100% (8/8) Had that going for me at least
    Multipin non split: (5/8) this was the problem - all of these were easy/makeable
    splits: 50% (1/2)

Last night was pretty bad. 168/170/165 for a 503.

Nothing was working right, wasn't getting good ball reactions/read on the lane from anything. Made adjustments all night that didn't help and finally halfway through the third game, frame... 6? 7? I decided to just throw the all-modern release I'm workshopping on this summer. That was actually the most effective shot I had all night and I "salvaged" a 165 out of the game.

Stats reflected the poor showing:
    Strikes 29% (9/31)
    Single pin spare: 75% (6/8) - missed a 10 pin and a 2 pin
    multiple pin no split: 70% (7/10) - way too many there, 10 leaves is a ton
    splits: 0% (0/3) - including what looked like a flush hit that left a 7-10, both pins wobbling.

I kind of realized that my strike % in general is low, usually in the 30s to around 40. I'm working on the modern release to hopefully get that up to 50%+. I'm thinking average shouldn't really dip all that much when I'm transitioning since my normal % of strikes is so low to begin with.

Interesting night last night. On my second shot of practice I tweaked/pulled something in my lower back - I wasn't even sure I was gonna be able to bowl. 29 years old and falling apart at the seams. I couldn't really get as low on my throws as I normally do and I lost about 100 revs on my shot as well... so I threw pretty straight and in at around 200-250ish revs all night. When I missed I missed big, really right or really left (enough to barely tap the head pin and leave myself splits, or a 1-2-10, etc).

All in all though the adjustment worked pretty well and I went slightly over average! No complaints about how it turned out at all:
    224/178/176 for a 578 series

Stats:
    Strikes: 51% (17/33)
    Single pin spares: 66% (2/3) - didn't leave many of these
    Multiple pin, non split: 4/7
    Splits: 0% (0/5)

Tuesday Men's League:
    167/190/182, 539 series.

Weird lanes. Tons of splits for everyone. I avoided a lot of the splits, but missed some spares I should have made. In game 2, the right lane and left lanes were doing very different things (see SilverFear's post, we are on the same team)... when I figured out one lane, the other would go away and so on. Everything just felt and reacted strange - we weren't the only ones saying that.

Thursday Mixed league:
    169/159/145, 478 series

Well game 1 I couldn't strike until frame 9 and 10, and all night I kept leaving 6 pins and missing them to the right (perfect 10 pin shot). Midway through game 2 I simply decided "eff it" and threw my new release I"m working on. Every shot was different than the one before it, definitely a work in progress. I'll need to grab some video soon and post up for review. Tonight didn't matter anyway, just a formality as the season's already been locked up. I'm in a slight battle for 3rd in average but really who cares... might as well try out the new shot, the more practice the better. Still having issues coming up the side of the ball.

Tuesday Night Men's...

We are in the running for first this period so I'm not messing around with my shot at all. Felt really good tonight, a couple of ill-timed splits but besides that in the end of game 1/beginning of game 2 I stayed ahead of the lanes and adjusted quite well. And picked up all my spares, besides a couple of splits!

193/198/225, 616 series

Stats:

Strikes: 51% (17/33)
    Spares 80% (12/15)
    Single Pin: 100% (4/4)
    Multiple Pin, no split: 100% (8/8)
    Splits 0% (0/3) - included 1 pocket 7-10 as the lanes started breaking down

Thursday Mixed. Last week of bowling that counted towards scores...

224/221/175, 620 series

I was locked in the first 2 games, piling together strikes and hitting spares. They both featured a very ill-timed split, a nice 4-6-7 in the 10th frame in game 1 (after 5 in a row), and in the 8th in game 2 (after a double). Game 3 I didn't have quite the same consistency and at the end worked on my other game a bit.

Stats:
    Strikes: 50% (16/32)
    Single Pin Spares: 85% (6/7) - missed a 6 in game 3
    Multiple pin, no split: 100% (5/5)
    Splits: 0% (0/3)

It's funny, when I remember to tell myself to stay behind the ball a little bit as I did on Tuesday and Thursday, good things happen and 600s come no problem. When I get "off" a bit and throw more around the ball, that seems to be the x factor to lower scores... and it took until now to realize that. Kind of annoying that it took all year to see it.

Last night was awful, couldn't find a line or reaction. Ball changes, target changes, etc... nothing worked. My 2 best looking shots of the night left a 7-9 split and a 6-7 split. Our whole team struggled, our highest handicap series was 50 below average.

167/166/135, 468 series (lowest in a long time)

Stats:
    Strikes: 35% (11/31)
    Single pin spares: 67% (2/3)
    Multiple pin, no split: 60% (6/10)
    Splits: 16% (1/6)

Ugh. Not a good time to do it as we were battling for first place. We somehow got the first 2 games, very luckily, and put up a huge stinker in the 3rd and lost series.

Bowled notap last night which is kind of annoying but was a good way to get acquainted with the modern release. Figured out what I was doing wrong and shot a "legit" 232 the last game (all strikes and 8 pin spares)! Cocking the wrist isn't gonna happen for me, but cupping/uncupping on release and staying behind the ball seems to be the way to go!

Last week of fall league - rose into 2nd, best finish so far!

193/183/217, 593 series

Went with my modern release. When it was on, I strung strikes together, but then I would lose it and struggle a bit. I also have to get used to adjustments all over again as the oil changes - hopefully, summer will iron all that out.

Stats:
    Strikes: 42% (14/33)
    Single Pin Spares: 83% (5/6)
    Multiple pin, no split: 75% (6/8)
    Splits: 50% (1/2)

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast