Thread: Bowling tape/tool kit?

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Default Bowling tape/tool kit?

So some guy in my league last night helped me out with some tape for my ball, and he had some kind of kit with a bunch of stuff including a tool that assisted with placing the tape in the ball. Does bowlingball.com sell such a tool kit? I'm asking because I'm about to pull the trigger on a new bag, and figure I might as well add a bowling "toolkit" if they sell one. If you know, please advise?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Try the bowlingball.com search function.

Lets see Master makes one
    was it one like this
    Master Pro Tool Kit

Master Tape Insert Tool (These are usually way over priced on line, I bought at the lanes for a $1.50)
    Last edited by bowl1820; 01-12-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Thank you sir, for some reason when I tried to search for tool kit or tool it wasn't returning the proper results

Cranker
    Chats: 0

a pocket knife works well too.

Chats: 0

Looks like a lot of extra stuff you may never use, All i carry is thumb tape, rosin and a pocket knife..

Chats: 30

Sandpaper. Hands down - 100% fine grit sandpaper! Thumb hole edges, be gone!

I usually walk into my Pro shop and borrow his bevel tool and file to do fine tuning on my thumb hole.

My "bowling kit" includes a few different types of tape (personal preference stuff here - have some blue, purple, and green / white 3/4" and 1" and black 3/4"), a tape insert tool, fingernail clippers, super glue (never know when an insert is going to go flying), a pen (also good for fishing out tape stuck at the bottom of the thumb hole), a small pair of scissors, beige tape on a roll, liquid skin, rosin ball, Easy Slide, grip cream, a pocket knife, and band-aids.

I also keep a small print out of my ball maintenance schedule that I track games on.
    Donna
    Current arsenal: Uproar / Rumble / T-Zone

Donna- you forgot the lighter. My fondest memories of my coach growing up were when he lit my 10-year-old thumb on fire to cure the old Blue and Yellow box'd Robby's white fabric/liquid skin patches. lol!
    Last edited by JoeInPI; 02-19-2015 at 10:07 PM.