Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Jan 13, 2014 to Jan 19, 2014 - Brunswick Melee

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    What does no one want this ball there is not very much action on this thread.
    It's not about how many random times you post in here about how bad you want the ball or how you've always wanted to try it or how it'll fit in your ARSEnal or the color or your favorite color...or how close it is to your birthday. 70% of the time it's douche trailer from Facebook or someone that posted on this site once back in October.

If winning balls was based on pure VOLUME of posts (action)...Iceman would have to put a second story on his house and I'd have more bowling balls than I have charisma. And it isn't "content" or Bowl1820 would just keep all the balls since his posts tend to be the most informed.

I just figure the site administrator gets really high on weed and goes through the posts or Facebook and the first one that has a word that reminds him of his pet lizard or his bean bag chair ...thats the winner.
    In Bag: (: .) 900 Global Zen Master; (: .) Brunswick Perfect Mindset; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 196; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 185

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

They use a random number generator to pick the winner some the more posts you have the better your chances.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Randomw Generator Machine, thats anything but random lol

They use a random number generator to pick the winner some the more posts you have the better your chances.
    Yes,,,,lOL,,, I bet they do!!! Hey,,, I have some beach front property here in Kansas City,,, and for YOU,,, let's just say a real deal! Bowlingboard.com has every right to choose who ever they want, and I am sure they do!

The only reason they don't choose you Aslan, its because your evil!! Go to a Catholic priest, and have the demons exorcised!! It's only $50 bucks, and worth every penny I am told! Also after the exorcism, wash your mouth out with Lava Soap, and then gargle Listerine, for 30 seconds! YOU WILL BE Born Again, and then pure enough to maybe win a (RANDOM) drawing!!

I know Two and a half other bowlers that did this protocol, and they won a ball within a few weeks!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Good luck yall

I have a team mate that would love to have this ball....

Are you sure? If Facebook only counts as 1-3 (like, suggest to friends, etc…) and a post here counts as "1"…then the Facebook folks would be at an EXTREME disadvantage. Yet they win about half the time or more.

And if each "post" counts as 1…and I average over 8 posts a day…as does Iceman I'm sure…it would seem like the more active users would win often. The last few people that one it from the forum were tic, Bunny, another guy, and Sara. Sara at the time had 10 posts total. The one guy that won it hadn't posted on the site more than 2-6 times since October. And tcc is relatively new. So it doesn't add up that each post counts as one entry. I think "activity" on the forum counts as "one" and then you can get 1-3 entries on Facebook. But thats just a guess based on who have won. Only the site knows exactly how they do it.
    In Bag: (: .) 900 Global Zen Master; (: .) Brunswick Perfect Mindset; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 196; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 185

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

this is a question and answer posted on the facebook page
    I went through and removed the persons name even though you can all find it if you wanted to

Hi, bowlingboards. ###### here. I was just wanting to ask a question: I know I am not able to, but would it be possible if I can have my username switched, or would you be able to switch it for me? I feel like it doesn't seem attractive enough to even have a chance at winning a ball someday. It's #######. What do you think about it? Hope someone replies back and give an opinion about my username

Bowling Boards ####, currently it is not possible to change a user name through our VBulletin forum on bowlingboards.com. Your user name has nothing to do with winning the ball. We use RNG (random number generators) to pick a winner. Your user name is not relevant in winning.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Seems odd. They also have a rule about the posts not being without "content" yet a RNG wouldn't be able to determine the quality of the posts. Thus, I assumed that at some point in the process whomever governs it would check to ensure that if a person won for a post in the forums…the post the RNG "picked" had some acceptable level of content. Otherwise…me and Iceman could just compare poo stains on our underpants 1000 times a month and have quite the bowling ball collection!!

well they do maintain the right to redraw I dont think they are gonna let the same person win several times real close togather
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:

Hope you're right man. I'm averaging over 8 posts a day so that bodes well for good ole Aslan to get a nice new ball one of these days!

Most of the balls they do in the give-aways I'm not like "super stoked" over…but the Hy Road and the Deranged….I REALLY wanted those 2.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast