Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 300 for me..

Chats: 326

Great job Gene, Congrats!

Chats: 0

From what i hear i can order a ring from Keepsake, they don't care if i bowled a 300 or not, they will sell it to me. I get why they don't want to count it, it was just me and my partner pushing the oil around so i had the same shot for the whole game... At my age maybe i should order the ring, it may be my last 300... its only money.

Chats: 0

going pro?? silly guy... i would like to bowl in a regional without embarrassing myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    First of all, congrats to you Gene!!!

Per USBC rule 50, if the 300 was bowled while post-bowling, unopposed, it will not count.
    That seems fair to me for it not counting for USBC. Your not bowling against competition and the lane conditions are not league oiled. Probably less oil. Still a nice score!
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by josheaton16 View Post
    I think that rule only applies to pre or post bowling. Because the rest of the league is there they cannot say you cheated. I believe if you post bowl and your opponents post bowl with you then that would also count, since you wouldn't be unopposed.
    Correct on both. If you bowl on your regular league night and other team does not show, you have other teams and likely your league officers there as "observers". In my tuesday league, there is 37 teams, so one team is always bowling the blind. The team bowling the blind is always on the pair next to us and a guy threw an 824 series one week. It counted since it was on regular league night.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Hey Gene!!! TRI-GRIP

James, our driller, and bowling buddy, bowled a 300 yesterday while I was there! He did it in Post bowling for his Sunday league! He had a 792! ALMOST THAT 800!!! James had another one on league last week! That's like two in a few weeks!
    Again he uses the Tri-Grip system that he drilled himself!

I believe your 300 ball had the Tri-grip also... correct?
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 01-17-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Age is just a number!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneo2u View Post
    From what i hear i can order a ring from Keepsake, they don't care if i bowled a 300 or not, they will sell it to me. I get why they don't want to count it, it was just me and my partner pushing the oil around so i had the same shot for the whole game... At my age maybe i should order the ring, it may be my last 300... its only money.
    I would order it if I were you Gene, but since you are much younger then ICEMAN, and I had two this last year, I THINK THERE WILL BE MANY more to come!! Age is just a number, I don't let it dictate what I can, or can not do! LOL! I bet you have another one in less then 6 months!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I would order it if I were you Gene, but since you are much younger then ICEMAN, and I had two this last year, I THINK THERE WILL BE MANY more to come!! Age is just a number, I don't let it dictate what I can, or can not do! LOL! I bet you have another one in less then 6 months!!!
    That is true. My dad turns 70 in February and has had over 6 300 games in the last 5+ years plus 3 800 series. Member ID: 222-26456
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    James, our driller, and bowling buddy, bowled a 300 yesterday while I was there! He did it in Post bowling for his Sunday league! He had a 792! ALMOST THAT 800!!! James had another one on league last week! That's like two in a few weeks!
    Again he uses the Tri-Grip system that he drilled himself!

I believe your 300 ball had the Tri-grip also... correct?
    Yeah, and guess who James PRE-bowled against when he bowled that 300/792? Me and my teammate of course! Looks like I'll have to shoot a 300 right back on him on Sunday, or at least have a very big series so hopefully we can win a couple games.

Blog Entries

Default Strong series?????

Quote Originally Posted by JaMau24 View Post
    Yeah, and guess who James PRE-bowled against when he bowled that 300/792? Me and my teammate of course! Looks like I'll have to shoot a 300 right back on him on Sunday, or at least have a very big series so hopefully we can win a couple games.
    Dude,,, a very big series is a GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!! LOL You will have to do something you have only done twice, I believe in you LONG 25 years!!! ( I know how Vegas is voting,,,, but I think you can do it!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast