Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 300 for me..

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Dude,,, a very big series is a GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!! LOL You will have to do something you have only done twice, I believe in you LONG 25 years!!! ( I know how Vegas is voting,,,, but I think you can do it!!
    Only twice!? What are you referring to? If you're insinuating an 800 series, I've done that 3 times in league, and twice in practice. I mention practice because the two times I did it in practice was when we bowled together on Fridays and there was only 2 of us on the lanes bowling. Just like on Sunday there will only be 3 of us on the pair bowling which makes it easier than my 3 sanctioned 800's on a pair with 10 on there!

So don't count me out yet! I'm at least aiming for a 760+ to give us a chance at winning a couple games

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Pepper-Neck and The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by JaMau24 View Post
    Only twice!? What are you referring to? If you're insinuating an 800 series, I've done that 3 times in league, and twice in practice. I mention practice because the two times I did it in practice was when we bowled together on Fridays and there was only 2 of us on the lanes bowling. Just like on Sunday there will only be 3 of us on the pair bowling which makes it easier than my 3 sanctioned 800's on a pair with 10 on there!

So don't count me out yet! I'm at least aiming for a 760+ to give us a chance at winning a couple games
    THIS WILL be the duel of the weekend!! I know you are capable, but will you bring that game to the lane!?!?
    Let me know how it turns out! James had a real strong series! You will have to bring your A+ game to win!

I think Manic, and Iceman are going to pre bowl today! TOO MUCH GOOD football on tomorrow, and I want to see Tom, beat Denver, and that cockey, Pepper-NECK, get his bell rung, and his skinny ask carried off the field! LOL

Don't want him seriously hurt, just carried off the field, and hopefully traded to some Canadian football team!!
    His arrogance makes Iceman melt!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 0

James, our driller, and bowling buddy, bowled a 300 yesterday while I was there! He did it in Post bowling for his Sunday league! He had a 792! ALMOST THAT 800!!! James had another one on league last week! That's like two in a few weeks!
    Again he uses the Tri-Grip system that he drilled himself!

I believe your 300 ball had the Tri-grip also... correct?
    Yep on the tri-grip.. DV8 Marauder..

Banned
    Chats: 68

James, our driller, and bowling buddy, bowled a 300 yesterday while I was there! He did it in Post bowling for his Sunday league! He had a 792! ALMOST THAT 800!!! James had another one on league last week! That's like two in a few weeks!
    Again he uses the Tri-Grip system that he drilled himself!

I believe your 300 ball had the Tri-grip also... correct?
    I know you would be pleased to hear my 300 was also achieved with a Tri-Grip ball.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I know you would be pleased to hear my 300 was also achieved with a Tri-Grip ball.
    DID YOU HEAR THAT Aslan!!??? LOL For the record my fist one was with the standard finger tip lay out, but the second one was with the Tri-Grip!

I know, you know your stuff MIKE, and so does Bruce Postal, and James here in Kansas city! As I have said, Bruce was a touring pro, and wound up drilling for some big names on tour. He and James have had several 300s lately using the Tri-Grip! (most be something to it). Go to face book and check out BP's Pro shop! Bruce and James are Fricken GREAT bowlers!! Any questions you might have on the grip, I am sure Bruce will answer!

I also know The Tri-Grip is not a miracle worker, Aslan, but it is a proven great lgrip! But a grip is only as good as the hand behind it! (. hang in there bud, If I can roll two 300s, and some high 700s once in a while, then so can YOU! Hey I am 65!!! LOL (but only in years) (
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    That is true. My dad turns 70 in February and has had over 6 300 games in the last 5+ years plus 3 800 series. Member ID: 222-26456
    The old guy shot 279 - 233 - 279 - 791 on Tuesday (Sweepers) so he "cleaned up"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Geneo2u View Post
    From what i hear i can order a ring from Keepsake, they don't care if i bowled a 300 or not, they will sell it to me. I get why they don't want to count it, it was just me and my partner pushing the oil around so i had the same shot for the whole game... At my age maybe i should order the ring, it may be my last 300... its only money.
    Just being you and your partner on the pair isn't the reason. If it was the other team doing the make up, on league night you and your partner would have been the only two on the pair, and those scores would have counted.

The pre/post bowling rule came about because of Robert Mushtare.

While bowling in the junior program, he submitted having shot 900 3 times.

The first time it was rejected because the league hadn't been properly registered.

The other two after a lot of debate were accepted, but the pre/post unopposed rule was created.

All 3 of Robert's "900" came during pre-bowling while he was not only bowling unopposed, he was the only person bowling.

So the issue is, did he really do it?

Based on some of the other scores he has shot before, and since, I'd say it's quite likely, but it does leave the situation open to abuse.

The rule doesn't completely eliminate the possibility of abuse, but it does require more people be in on any fraud.

I ran into kind of an odd twist on the pre/post bowl recently. The team I was bowling on had to do a post bowl, and another team in the same league was going to do a pre bowl.

We scheduled both together so we bowled on the same pair to even out the pace, just not competing against each other. Oddly enough we are both competing against the same third team.

Technically we satisfied the intent of the rule, but not the exact wording. I don't know if any honor score there would have been recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Just being you and your partner on the pair isn't the reason. If it was the other team doing the make up, on league night you and your partner would have been the only two on the pair, and those scores would have counted.

The pre/post bowling rule came about because of Robert Mushtare.

While bowling in the junior program, he submitted having shot 900 3 times.

The first time it was rejected because the league hadn't been properly registered.

The other two after a lot of debate were accepted, but the pre/post unopposed rule was created.

All 3 of Robert's "900" came during pre-bowling while he was not only bowling unopposed, he was the only person bowling.

So the issue is, did he really do it?

Based on some of the other scores he has shot before, and since, I'd say it's quite likely, but it does leave the situation open to abuse.

The rule doesn't completely eliminate the possibility of abuse, but it does require more people be in on any fraud.

I ran into kind of an odd twist on the pre/post bowl recently. The team I was bowling on had to do a post bowl, and another team in the same league was going to do a pre bowl.

We scheduled both together so we bowled on the same pair to even out the pace, just not competing against each other. Oddly enough we are both competing against the same third team.

Technically we satisfied the intent of the rule, but not the exact wording. I don't know if any honor score there would have been recognized.
    So I am prebowling next week for my saturday league - if I bowl the first 11 in any game I should just throw the 12th in the gutter? lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123