Thread: Storm Zero Gravity Review

Default Storm Zero Gravity Review

I had been looking forward to trying out the Storm Zero Gravity since it was first announced, and it was well worth the wait! With the unusual combination of an asymmetrical core with an aggressive cover material, and a high rg to get it down the lane, the ball allows me, a senior bowler with medium revs and medium ball speed to get it down the lane, with the power to get it back from most anywhere. This ball truly a winner, and I don't say that about many bowling balls.

Rob Mautner

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Well it sounds pretty good! You need a video showing both the balls you drilled up in action side by side.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

yeah would love to see the ball in action.... Sounds like you found one that provides exactly what you are wanting and need. thats what is great, when you find the right ball, you just know it.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default YES, let us know!

I had my last 300 with the Virtual Gravity nano,,, how similar is it to the Zero gravity?

I would purchase another Virtual Gravity nano in a heart beat, but can't find a new one anywhere. We are both seniors, I have anywhere from medium to medium high speed, and medium revs! I look forward to a vedio of you throwing the ball (if possible), or at least your thoughts!

Do you bowl sports leagues? I am new to bowing, just started when I retired, at 63! So I have a lot of catching up to do. I have a LOT OF respect for anyone that can carry a 200 average or above bowing Sports patterns!! LOL WOW.. ( I have a thread today I posted about my experience Saturday related to Sports Patterns) (
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Very little resemblance to the VG Nano. I had one, had it redrilled, and ultimately gave it away. Unlike you, I am not speed dominant, and struggle greatly with low rg cores. That's the reason that I was so excited to hear about the Zero Gravity: it has an asymmetrical core and a high rg with a strong solid cover. I did shoot some video today, and am try to learn the app to splice it together. As for sport shots, I have bowled some in the past but I am not currently. I do, however, try to bowl a small local tournament each month that puts out PBA patterns. If my back and knees hold up, I will probably bowl the Senior U.S. Open this year.

Rob Mautner

Completed the video. Please be kind, it's my first attempt from a smart phone. Please disregard the typo in the the title, whoever decided that people can type with their thumbs is NUTS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0yGHLVapHU

Last edited by bowl1820; 01-19-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added inline video

Blog Entries

Default thanks for the post!!

Two strikes!! One with pin up, and one with pin down! (NOT BAD Rob!!) I assume it was house pattern? Is it everything you thought it would be? Rob I am not a speed dominate, looking at your ball speed, I would say we are about the same! My two 300, that I had almost 6 months apart, ONE was with the IQ pearl Yellow! Then 6 months later the better series, and second 300, 780!

Strange how two balls so different but both drilled pin high, and off to the side of the ring finger, got the job done!

one symmetrical, the other asymmetrical! Figure!! (:/

There are so many great balls out there now, and coming out in the near future, its hard to make up ones mind!

Matte, Pearl,???? I think a huge part of what makes a ball work for you is HAVING IT DRILLED to suit YOUR style of bowling! A good driller is a huge part of ones success in regards to how a ball reacts!

Keep us posted on your opinion as the days go by!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

I think that before we even look at how a ball is drilled, we have to look at the intention of its design. The reason that I was so excited about the Zero Gravity is that it's the first asymmetrical ball with a strong cover and a high rg (2.55) that I can recall. I haven't been able to use an asymmetrical ball for a long time due to my lower ball speed (16.25) and the fact that all of them seem to have rg measurements below 2.5.

The day that I shot the video, I was practicing with a friend, and I had a really good day, averaging 234, so it's really not surprising that I could strike with either ball. In fact, right after we finished the video, there was a problem with one of the lanes, so we moved to the next pair, which proved to be very uneven. I shot 246-237-246 using the pin down ball on the right lane, and the pin up ball on the left lane.

My opinion of the Zero Gravity continues to grow every time I throw it.

Rob Mautner

Blog Entries

Default Which way would you have gone with the PIN

Thanks for the video! If you, personally were to only have ONE of the new balls, would you have it drilled pin up, or pin down, and what layout would you use, knowing you could only have one! I am talking standard house pattern.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!