Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: first tournament

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Whoa…classy granny said something nice to me. What!?
    I only state my opinions...if you like it - great! If you don't...not my problem. Apparently, you don't like many of my opinions. But I always hope bowlers bowl well, unless you are my opponent at the time. Bowl well in the Tourney!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    I only state my opinions...if you like it - great! If you don't...not my problem. Apparently, you don't like many of my opinions. But I always hope bowlers bowl well, unless you are my opponent at the time. Bowl well in the Tourney!
    I like ALL of your opinions…except the ones where I am implicated as a buffoon that knows nothing and should be silenced.

But most of the other opinions…especially the ones wishing me well in the tournament…LOVE those opinions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Hopefully "many" = "2"….because thats how many I have.
    You could always bring the Blue Knight out of retirement; or perhaps pick up a spare (plastic)?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

Or grab a house ball or 3

Quote Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
    You could always bring the Blue Knight out of retirement; or perhaps pick up a spare (plastic)?
    I used to use that as a sort of "back-up ball" for splits and such. But the issue with it is, it's conventional drilled and not for my hand. Add to that, it's 14lbs. I don't mind switching weights if I "have to"...but switching from 16 to 14 in between shots...and from fingertip to conventional...I just found that it was too much. I've thought about having it filled and re-drilled....make it a sort of "spare ball"...but I can usually hit spares fine with my strike ball (on the left) and my back-up ball (on the right). I struggle sometimes...but other times it's almost automatic.

Besides...if I start struggling THAT bad where I can't get either of my 2 balls to work...I've probably already gotten off to such a horrible start that it's time to just resign to the facit it was a learning experience only.

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Sometimes you just bowl your best in tournaments. Last year I was struggling with my game (shooting 180's) right before the local tournament came along. I bowled in four slots and had a couple 700's and two high 600's. I think sometimes the tournament just provides a motivation that isn't necessarily there during league play.

Chats: 39

Good luck dude. Best advice I can give is to not focus on the score at all. Just focus on making one good shot at a time.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    Good luck dude. Best advice I can give is to not focus on the score at all. Just focus on making one good shot at a time.
    Excellent advice. And I used that approach yesterday when I was struggling. Slowed things down...and just focused on making a nice, consistent, shot. It worked.

Set your goals low and you will achieve them - shoot for 100 game and picking up a 4 or 5 on the hotness scale chick after the tourney and you will go far. Like a pro baseball player in a little league park.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Set your goals low and you will achieve them - shoot for 100 game and picking up a 4 or 5 on the hotness scale chick after the tourney and you will go far. Like a pro baseball player in a little league park.
    Well, the 100 game I think I can achieve…but a "4" or "5"?? Thats pushing it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast