Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you tell me about this ball?

Default Can you tell me about this ball?

I just recently Purchased this bowling ball, and I know nothing about it. (I got it for 15 bucks on ebay, you cant blame me haha)

I know Columbia has been around for awhile, and I'm guessing its a White Dot Series, But I want to know about the weight inside, how much offset it is, everything about it. I plan on having it resurfaced as soon as I can, but for now, I just wanna know more about it. Thanks all

Attachment 33

Attachment 34

Attachment 35

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Could be an old white dot, I guess, but maybe it's the rare Columbia "Richard." Only a few of them were sold, comparatively, but most of them were bought by "Dick"s. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You'd have to weigh it to find out how heavy it is, and take it to the pro shop to find out top weight, etc. I suppose there's someone out there that could tell you when it was made by the serial number. For more general info try www.bowlingballreviews.com, and look through their Columbia section. Best of luck and keep us informed.

Hahaha good one. I forgot to mention that its 15 Lbs.

Bowler

Chats: 3

I believe that is a very old ball. I don't believe it is much better than a house ball. I sure would not put much if any money into it.

That said, what do you want the ball to do? Are you going to be using it as a spare ball?
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Well i'm 19 and don't have much money, So I guess I'll just use it as my main ball for awhile. Might as well get it going where I want to too if I want it to be my spare ball then right haha.

Bowler

Chats: 3

Does it fit you or will you need to have it re-drilled?
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

From the measurments he had on there, it should be prefect, but if its too big, i'll probalby just try to resell it for 20 bucks... ya know.. make 5 bucks lol

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I would shop around on ebay some more. I but balls off there weekly and if you look enough can get a ball thats like a year or 2 old for like 10-20 plus shipping. I paid $15 + 20 shipping for a Storm X-Factor Ace not too long ago.. which if you didnt know was one of the best selling storm ball about 3 years ago and still works great. I just got a fired up for $10 +15 shipping like 2 weeks ago.. Both of these balls are mid to high performance ball and give you an advantage over the typical plastic ball. Usually the white dots will have like a small pancake weight in it right under the pin, so there wont be much if any reaction on fresh lanes. and the pin action will not be very well due to the deflecting from the plastic cover. Just check on ebay for a reactive resin or particle ball. If you want you can send me a message and Ill see what I have or what I can suggest on there at a cheap price.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Ok that sounds awesome. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a plastic ball from what i've found. I will look on ebay some more though, I didn't know deals like that popped up from time to time.

How nice is the Faball Reactive hammer? I just found that for 20 bucks buy it now hah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast