Thread: Reign On review by Dan Schaden Jr

Chats: 0

Default Reign On review by Dan Schaden Jr

The newest addition to the Thunder Line is the Reign On. The Hybrid cover stock provides decent length with a gradual backend motion. The layout that I used was 80 X 4 X 45 or pin next to ring finger with cg in the palm with no hole. My Pap is 5 5/8 over and ¾ up with a rev rate around 300 with ball speed around 15 mph. I am right handed.

I compared the Reign On and The Reign of Power (ROP) on a house pattern and noticed that the ROP was slightly earlier and smoother than the Reign On. With both bowling balls, I was able to keep the pocket pretty easily. The Reign On did provide more energy on the backend and was stronger at the break point. The house pattern that I was bowling on is slightly drier than most so I polished both balls and the Reign On had more energy and continuation through the Pins. I was impressed by the way the Reign On went through the pins compared to the ROP.

The last pattern that I threw the Reign On was a version of the Scorpion pattern. So the heavier oil and the longer length was no problem for the Reign On as long as I kept the line in front of me. The ROP was earlier and stronger at the break point on the Scorpion. The Reign On was a touch too long early but after a few games the Reign On made the Scorpion pattern look like a house pattern. The Reign On with its length and medium backend motion will be a monster in a high Rev Persons hand!

If you liked the Reign Supreme but want more motion than the Reign On is your bowling ball!

Dan Schaden Jr
    Storm/ Roto Grip Staff
    Vise Grip Staff

I have the Reign On also, I bowled a 255 with it out of the box. Pin above ring finger with CG kicked toward the right for a Long snappy ball. I enjoy this ball alot and actually come to think about it, I haven't used it much since I got my Reax V2. I might bust it out tommorrow for a 9 pin no tap fundraiser and see how she does!
    15 MPH-250 Rev
    Arsenal -#15 Ebonite Pivot Point-#15 Radical Reax V2-#15 Storm Reign On-#15 Brunswick Ringer Platinum-#15 Roto Grip Disturbed