Thread: Roto Grip Hyper Cell Ball Review by PJ Haggerty

Thumbs up Roto Grip Hyper Cell Ball Review by PJ Haggerty

Roto Grip Hyper Cell Ball Review

The heaviest rolling, strongest ball I have EVER thrown. There’s no way I could throw this ball out of the box on a normal house pattern. Not only would I destroy the front/mid part of the lane, the nine other guys on the pair would be upset with me. Before I drilled it, I put the Hyper Cell on the ball spinner with a 4000 pad to take most of the surface off. I have had success with this ball both on a fresh pattern and when the lanes are tighter down lane. I have seen lower-rev, straighter players have a lot of success with this ball. It doesn’t see as much oil down lane like some symmetrical balls do and continues through the pins like a train.

I drilled the Hyper Cell 4 ½ x 4 x 65 with a small hole on my axis. I’ve had success with it on 39’-44’ patterns. The high rev guys probably won’t be able to use it very long because it could blow a hole in the pattern and chew up the front part of the lane. I think a touch of polish is key if you want to use it longer than a couple games of league or a tournament. It’s response time is very slow which can fare very well when the lanes are tougher and you don’t want something to change direction too quickly.

If you are looking for the strongest ball on the market, drill a Hyper Cell! #RotoGrip #OwnIt
    Last edited by PJ Haggerty; 01-25-2014 at 11:47 PM.