Thread: Bowling Score Tracking and Analysis Introduction (Currently Not Available)

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Exclamation Bowling Score Tracking and Analysis Introduction (Currently Not Available)

ATTENTION! This feature isn't currently available

Well everyone the wait is over. BowlingBoards.com is proud to bring you the

New Bowling Score and Analysis software.

Description:

The Bowling Score and Analysis or BSA for short, is a user friendly application that will track all of your bowling leagues scores and analyze your progress. I am sure with some imagination you can track your practices, tournaments and more. It is 100% FREE to use.

Where to login:

On the left side of the BowlingBoards.com homepage you will see the Bowler Main Menu. Within this navigation panel you will see the Bowling Score and Analysis link. Click this and it will take you to the login page.

Where to begin:

You will need to register to use the software. We recommend that you use the same user name and password for BowlingBoards.com, as this way you may not forget it.

As you register and get logged in you will see everything is simple and easy to access. You can start adding your scores right away. Please pay special attention to the number of weeks your league will run and WHAT WEEK YOU ARE STARTING. This is very important as if you are a sub or taking over for someone, that you start with the correct week.

As you start posting you will see the analysis software go into action. You will start seeing percentages, future averages if you bowl certain scores, your high games and series, and many, many more features.

Final Note:

A lot of work has been done to make this software. I want to thank Jim Royce for all of his time and effort to put into this. He is a true measure of a man. His character and ethics are such that I am inspired by his actions. I am forever grateful to him and if anyone is in need of web design or services, we will be adding a link to his site for all of your needs. You will not be let down.

At this time we are going to run this software as an addition to BowlingBoards.com. This meaning that you technically do not have to be a BowlingBoards.com member to use this service. So we are going to try this as an Honor system. So if you are to use this FREE service, please do register as a member of BowlingBoards.com in addition to the BSA software, so we can send you updates and so you can be an active part of our bowling community.

Many of you are already members and so thank you in advance for your time at BowlingBoards.com

If you encounter any problems or need help with setting up leagues info, or entering stats etc, we will have a special forum dedicated to this software to help you with any and all of your needs.

We work hard to bring you the best services, applications, and software we can. So as always please tell a friend about us. Tell a stranger at your local shop. Tell your entire league. We will be having some great things coming still for 2009.

Thanks again to everyone

Chris – BowlingBoards.com
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-21-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Added Currently Not Available Message
    Go Broncos!

Default 1 League Posted to review use.....

I assume since this is not on your site, that other statistics can't be added? Like Point system for team/individuals? Some of my leagues use POA for single champion - some use a 21 point system, 1 point per man per game (who your directly lined up with on opposing team) and 2 for team total. My other 2 just use team points.

Tracking single pin pickups is a big thing - shows me when my average is down if those were the issues.

I also keep track of splits totals per night, kinda shows me my bad shots.

I Don't care about pin numbers on any spare leaves.

I also have a year long pin total between my coach and I - I track the difference weekly and YTD.

If none of them can be added, then I'll continue to use my local database, I added all the features I wanted - it's not web based, but it will do. Haven't had time to migrate it to SQL yet.

One additional thing that may be nice would be the link from Bowlingboards.com (on the left) have that link open in new window by default. (Not replace current window - takes you away from bowlingboards.com and you have to login again. Not a big deal, but it would be a pain after awhile, especially for those of us that bowl in 5 leagues a week.

I put in my 1 league ytd, I was interested the stats - but was dissapointed when the stats only showed lane pair games/avg. But after I thought about what data was entered - not much else could be offered in return.

This was nothing like the score statistics sheet I used before. (And for life of me can't remember what the name of it was, haven't been there in joining here, and deleted my favorites link). It was a little more detailed and had more data entry fields (some were optional) so I adjusted them to what I needed. Also showed weekly highs across the board forum, series, avg, etc. I'm sure this is a work in progress.

Good Luck to it all
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I assume since this is not on your site, that other statistics can't be added? Like Point system for team/individuals? Some of my leagues use POA for single champion - some use a 21 point system, 1 point per man per game (who your directly lined up with on opposing team) and 2 for team total. My other 2 just use team points.

Tracking single pin pickups is a big thing - shows me when my average is down if those were the issues.

I also keep track of splits totals per night, kinda shows me my bad shots.

I Don't care about pin numbers on any spare leaves.

I also have a year long pin total between my coach and I - I track the difference weekly and YTD.

If none of them can be added, then I'll continue to use my local database, I added all the features I wanted - it's not web based, but it will do. Haven't had time to migrate it to SQL yet.

One additional thing that may be nice would be the link from Bowlingboards.com (on the left) have that link open in new window by default. (Not replace current window - takes you away from bowlingboards.com and you have to login again. Not a big deal, but it would be a pain after awhile, especially for those of us that bowl in 5 leagues a week.

I put in my 1 league ytd, I was interested the stats - but was dissapointed when the stats only showed lane pair games/avg. But after I thought about what data was entered - not much else could be offered in return.

This was nothing like the score statistics sheet I used before. (And for life of me can't remember what the name of it was, haven't been there in joining here, and deleted my favorites link). It was a little more detailed and had more data entry fields (some were optional) so I adjusted them to what I needed. Also showed weekly highs across the board forum, series, avg, etc. I'm sure this is a work in progress.

Good Luck to it all

As mentioned this is a work in progress.

What this software will track and do is:

Leagues you are Bowling
    Each Game Scores
    Each Series Scores
    Lane Assignments
    Weekly Analysis based on input
    Total Pin Fall Weekly
    Total Pin Fall League Start to League End and or Cumulative User choice
    Week Average
    Total Average
    Total Average based on Cumulative game scores. Example Game 1 averages, Game 2 average etc.
    Lane Assignment Averages Cumulative
    Track High Game
    Track High Series
    Analysis of what is needed to bowl to maintain, improve, or decrease average

With taking in costs of development, hosting, and other needs, I feel confident in this choice of software we work with Youth Bowlers, Families, Grandparents and more. User friendly and feature rich was very important in this choice.

As with anything we may choose to to add new features. But we need to test the waters and see what everyone thinks.

We already have coaches using this software, and with the feedback we get from everyone, we should be able to determine future needs.

Iceman your feedback is crucial and I appreciate your help. It will be because of you and others how we mold the future of this site.

Thanks

Chris - BowlingBoards.com
    Go Broncos!

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

Fixed. It should open up to a new window for you and everyone else now. Thanks so much

Chris - BowlingBoards.com
    Go Broncos!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

My league is a 4 game format instead of a 3 game format and I don't see a way to enter a 4th score. Also, just as a thought, since the PBA experience league is becoming popular, maybe future enhancements could include analysis by specific oil pattern. Just a thought.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

This software is great! I can keep track of my monthly tournaments but just adding the scores as weeks instead of squads. Really save me time with the good ole fingers and toes to figure out averages...lol Its also working great with my league and virtual tournamets to keep track of that ave. And then to see you gave averages for the season is just great. It opens your eyes to what you need to work on wether it be the fresh shot, transition, or when they break down.. Me personally its when they break down.. ave like 225 1st game 210 2nd game and then drop to around a 150 for 3rd during my bad streak.. I have since corrected it since i noticed my problem was the 3rd game and got a new ball and different layout and not got it up to around a 190ish since.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Is this software still available for use cause for some reason i just cant seem to find it if it is. Thanks in advance for the help

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1183 View Post
    Is this software still available for use cause for some reason i just cant seem to find it if it is. Thanks in advance for the help
    No its not really available anymore, its is a left over from the old site. There are several other sites that offer the same thing.

http://www.bowlingtracker.com/

http://www.allbowling.com/

http://www.bowlspot.com/
    Last edited by bowl1820; 05-24-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I just found bowling tracker and am goin to check that one out thanks for the info

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Disappointing! Just joined, got my intro email that touts the software...that isn't here anymore.