Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First look at the DV8 Dude

Chats: 506

half human half amazing hu iceman?
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Human Alien

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    half human half amazing hu iceman?
    YOU GOT THE RIGHT!!! LOL I think a lot of what makes him amazing, is that Alien Blood line,,,, form the plant Bowlula!!! I have pictures of his true identity on Me vs Michael!! They are not touched up at all!! The Real Deal! LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Teammate has a dude and he plays 10 board and stand 10-15 all the time, he has hard time keeping on pocket side. Goes through head and Brooklyn all the time with it.
    I've often wondered, why people that throw down and in look to buy high performance balls. I get the machismo aspect, but it would seem to be the wrong tool for the job. Am I missing something?

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    I've often wondered, why people that throw down and in look to buy high performance balls. I get the machismo aspect, but it would seem to be the wrong tool for the job. Am I missing something?
    No, you probably have it right. He is set in his ways and won't move to the left and throw further in. Some people just won't listen. Another team mate just got a Storm Marvel S and he was a down and in player as well with his prior equipment. He is now starting to see the benefit of staying in more oil longer down the lane. He still gets it out to 10 every once in awhile, but he is starting to transition.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    Sometimes the only shot available is more down and in. And what would be the reason not to throw a performance ball (ie-I throw my RotoGrip Defiant Soul) if that's where the shot is on that particular day. I don't get why you think you wouldn't want a performance ball for that shot? I don't always play down and in, but if that's where I get to the pocket and carry, then that's where I want to play...that day/that game/that frame - not saying you might have to move off that line at some point.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Sometimes the only shot available is more down and in. And what would be the reason not to throw a performance ball (ie-I throw my RotoGrip Defiant Soul) if that's where the shot is on that particular day. I don't get why you think you wouldn't want a performance ball for that shot? I don't always play down and in, but if that's where I get to the pocket and carry, then that's where I want to play...that day/that game/that frame - not saying you might have to move off that line at some point.
    That just might be the way, with your ball speed, and rev's, delivery! But one thing I have noticed in my 3 years of bowling.
    Everyone is UNIQUE,,, and what one person needs to play a certain shot, for someone else it might be Too much, or not enough!
    Nothing wrong Classygranny, just like that GREAT WEATHER YOU HAVE DOWN there in waterless AZ!! (
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Like Michael says it's all about the bowler. There is a guy in my league tonight that throws a nightmare down 10 out to maybe 5. For him it works. If I tried that line with a Nightmare I would either burn out and the ball would hit like a marshmallow or be lucky to hit the 7 pin.

Now if the house oiled 7-7 instead of 10-10 and/or with a heavier volume that may be the right line for me. again though, all situational.

I think what was meant is someone that gets a new ball and refuses to adjust to the new ball and instead tries to force it to play the same line as the old ball.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    Like Michael says it's all about the bowler. There is a guy in my league tonight that throws a nightmare down 10 out to maybe 5. For him it works. If I tried that line with a Nightmare I would either burn out and the ball would hit like a marshmallow or be lucky to hit the 7 pin.

Now if the house oiled 7-7 instead of 10-10 and/or with a heavier volume that may be the right line for me. again though, all situational.

I think what was meant is someone that gets a new ball and refuses to adjust to the new ball and instead tries to force it to play the same line as the old ball.
    Bingo!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12