Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First look at the DV8 Dude

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default My First look at the DV8 Dude

Okay here's the first try with the Dude, This was just before league it was the first chance I had to roll it and wasn't to on top of my game. I was checking fit, I found I had to add a some tape.

It looks good so far, looks like it will be a little better for the house shot here.

Last edited by bowl1820; 02-17-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Well.....

Well I thought you lived in the sunshine state of Florida, not Brooklyn? (.... I know,,, it was a new ball! What in the heck is all that stuff on your bowling arm, and forearm,,, you look like the Bionic MAN!

It does seem to have a nice controlled ark into the pocket,,,, Would you take a picture of its layout? Is it a pin up, or down?

When it hits the pocket, it does look like it keeps the pins low and causes utter destruction!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default The Dude

Will it be your go to ball on league night/afternoon what ever the case may be? If so what ball in your arsenal will it be replacing!
    In your video was it on Fresh oil, or burnt up oil?
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

As for the conditions go back and look at the video again I told what they were right at the beginning.

Okay here's the layout.

It's a 5X5 with the pin above the fingers (so similar to the Beatdown which has a 5X4 with the pin in the ringfinger.)

The undrilled dual angle layout is 75° X 5" X 35° no X-Hole

I'm figuring on it being the first ball out of the bag on the house shot. Now If it's happens to be wetter, I'd go to the Beatdown.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Blog Entries

Default Excuse me for asking!!

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    As for the conditions go back and look at the video again I told what they were right at the beginning.

Okay here's the layout.

It's a 5X5 with the pin above the fingers (so similar to the Beatdown which has a 5X4 with the pin in the ringfinger.)

The undrilled dual angle layout is 75° X 5" X 35° no X-Hole

I'm figuring on it being the first ball out of the bag on the house shot. Now If it's happens to be wetter, I'd go to the Beatdown.

On a side note,,, please lose the High Water pants, and tuck your **** in next time! All IN or OUT, with the shirt!
    I think you said it was (just before league), but surely not on lanes that WERE USED in league? That being said, how would I know if it was fresh oil, or undressed lanes adjacent to conditioned ones?

Looking at the ball going South, I thought maybe it was dry?

Our mechanic only oils the lanes that are used in league that given night, and sometimes puts oil down on a spare set incase a problem might occur on league lanes that night!

I thought it was a legitimate question,,, What in the heck is that under your bionic ball delivery system??? It looks like a huge white bandage?

Also on your forearm, I have seen those devises every once in a while, do they help, or are they for an injury, or both? What do they do for you? Relive pain??? Do I need one!! (

P.S... lose those HIGH WATER Pants, and PLEASE IN or OUT with the shirt!! LOL

Thanks for posting the picture of Your Dude, after drilling!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 02-16-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I think you said it was (just before league), but surely not on lanes that WERE USED in league? That being said, how would I know if it was fresh oil, or undressed lanes adjacent to conditioned ones?

Our mechanic only oils the lanes that are used in league that given night, and sometimes puts oil down on a spare set incase a problem might occur on league lanes that night!

I thought it was a legitimate question
    I saw it shown right in video what conditions were.

High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I saw it shown right in video what conditions were.

Wow,,, I guess I was reaching for my Coffee, when that flashed on the screen!! LOL I thought it might be dry!!
    Thanks vdubtx!

What about the pants and shirt???? Am I right on that??? lol
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I think you said it was (just before league), but surely not on lanes that WERE USED in league?
    Yes those lanes are used in my league, the league takes up the whole house. They were just starting to oil down at the other end of the house While I was bowling.

That being said, how would I know if it was fresh oil, or undressed lanes adjacent to conditioned ones?
    How would you know, Like I said right at the start of the video theres a title screen that told the conditions.

Well if you had read the info in the video. You would see I said it was the dry leftovers from the afternoon league that just got done.

Our mechanic only oils the lanes that are used in league that given night, and sometimes puts oil down on a spare set in case a problem might occur on league lanes that night!
    About the same here, they usually do all the lanes though because theres leagues in the morning, afternoon and evening and they take up most of the house

I thought it was a legitimate question,,, What in the heck is that under your bionic ball delivery system??? It looks like a huge white bandage?
    It was and it was answered in the video. The white thing under my wrist device was just a liner to keep it dry. I made one from a tube sock, the ones you buy are too short for me.

Also on your forearm, I have seen those devises every once in a while, do they help, or are they for an injury, or both? What do they do for you? Relive pain??? Do I need one!! (
    The strap near my elbow is a elbow support to prevent tennis elbow.

P.S... lose those HIGH WATER Pants, and PLEASE IN or OUT with the shirt!! LOL
    Well those were my old work pants, I didn't get a chance to change.

Thanks for posting the picture of Your Dude, after drilling!!

Chats: 256

Teammate has a dude and he plays 10 board and stand 10-15 all the time, he has hard time keeping on pocket side. Goes through head and Brooklyn all the time with it.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 02-16-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries

Default NO PROBLEM-O for THE DUDE/JASON

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Teammate has a dude and he plays 10 board and stand 10-15 all the time, he has hard time keeping on pocket side. Goes through head and Brooklyn all the time with it.
    He has been bowing up a Storm with his DV-8 Dude!! As I mentioned in an earlier post,,, The day it was drilled, and handed to him, he had NO, NONE, practice throws... He was handed the ball, and threw a 10 pin leave, picked it up, then all strikes!!

But then Jason is not HUMAN,,, only half!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast