BALL COLOR:Silver/Blue/Purple
    DUROMETER:73-75 Rex D-scale
    FLARE POTENTIAL:6” Plus (High)
    FRAGRANCE:Mulberry
    WEIGHTS:12-16 lbs.
    SKU:TYB

My layout: 4” x 4” x 2”
    My PAP: 4 5/8" over 1 5/8 up

The Byte from Storm is a pearl ball that comes out of the box 1500 polished. This ball did not make my tournament bag until just recently, even though I had moderate success in league with the Byte. If you read some of my past reviews you would know that I throw the ball fairly straight, and I heavily favor solid balls. I have never been a skid flip type of guy, and most pearl balls tend to skid flip for me. Even though I can’t rant and rave about the Byte, I must say the ball does have a unique roll, which is why it makes a good edition to my tournament bag. It rolls early for me, but at the same it gets through the heads and mid lane quite easily, therefore it stores plenty of energy for the back end. This gives the ball very good power when attacking the pins. I want different balls motions in my tournament bag and the Byte definitely gives fits this bill. I drilled my second Byte pin down, and this ball rolled sooner, and flipped less for me, which is to my liking. In short if you only buy a few balls a year and you like solids balls then like me I would go a different direction. However if you are unlike me, and pearl balls are the first balls out of your bag, then you should give the Byte a stronger consideration. If you are like me and want to build a tournament bag with a lot of variety then I can strongly recommend the Byte because of the unique ball motion it offers. I give the Byte a 3 on a scale to 5, only because it isn’t an every day ball for me.

One of the bowlers (205 average) on my Tuesday team got this ball and he says jury is still out. I watch him bowl week after week and I don't feel it is the ball. Seems like he is mentally not liking the ball or doesn't have confidence in it and that translates to poor mechanics and lower scores. Not sure if he is going to get rid of the ball or if he will stick it out the rest of the season. I see potential in the ball so I am hoping he sticks with it to see if it does work out for him.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Pardon me for presenting a non-conventional scenario for this ball. No don’t pardon me, that what Internet forums are for --- in this case to tell how the Storm Byte had a dramatic impact on my game (full disclosure: I also bought new bowling shoes –-- they were over 30 years old, adjusted my grip/ release, based on a friend’s advice and learning to reduce performance anxiety and raise self-confidence during league play). Specifically, to tell other ordinary bowling enthusiasts (a contradiction in terms) was a specific bowling purchase enhanced their game and improved their score significantly.

I am a permanent substitute in our Sunday night men’s league, tenth week into it, with only five weeks left to go. As such, I was only able to raise my slot’s standing from last place to second-last pace. am loyalist of the conventional layout (no-curve, not fingertip) for bowling balls (DESPITE MY 100-110 average at the time).
    Enter the advice of my local pro shop, Blue Streak Bowling in Qatif, Saudi Arabia, about five weeks earlier to buy the Storm Byte, grab this, DESPITE THE FACT that am loyalist of the conventional layout (no-curve, not fingertip) for bowling balls (DESPITE MY 100-110 average at the time). My new ball WAS GOING TO BE DRILLED USING A CONVENTIONAL LAYTOUT!
    At the beginning game one last week, I was literally THE LAST PERSON THAT ANYONE WOULD HAVE EXPECTED to nearly smash the season-record handicap series. Even I had never even dreamed of the possibility of contending for ANY SPORTS record!!!
    I would have smashed the record except I would have had a foot fault because of a wet shoe pad at the beginning of game two. That psychologically screwed me up for rest of the game, leading to the inconsistent aspect of the series – 187-124-185 ---496 scratch, 893 handicap. Actually, I could have still beaten it except I choked in the 10th frame of the 3rd Game. I started the 10th with two strikes. Now I needed five pins to break the record, four to tie. I hit a 3 pin and I ended just short of the record.
    I don’t worry. Five weeks remain and all of rest season for me to set season records.
    However, I can relate to the MasterCard card “priceless”. The purchasing the bowling ball is the cost or investment and the PRICELESS is:
    - Almost overnight, transforming from a mediocre player into a contender for points and breaking records.
    - Showing on the League Weekly Standing Report to see my name in the weekly and year-to-date scores.
    - The excitement as everyone at the lane was gathered around and rooting for me to break the record.
    - The excitement continues as everyone is following me, eager to see how I continue to improve and whether I can sustain these types of scores.
    Isn’t that the fantasy of all ordinary or intermediate bowling enthusiasts? Isn’t that what the vendors sell in hyping up their product? Only, what I’ve said her is not hype --- it is honest truth.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Welcome to the boards Lawrence!

It's great that the Byte is working well for you and hope you continue to bowl at a record setting pace there in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Thanks, Bowl1820, I really appreciate it. ...though I might modify you end slogan, "REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where." to "Straight cobra flamethrowers do it with speed AND accuracy".

Someday, may I breathe the same rarified air that you do...
    Last edited by Storm Byte in the desert; 11-01-2014 at 02:14 PM.