Thread: Another look at the DV8 Dude

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Another look at the DV8 Dude

Well here's another practice session with the Dude. A little better this time.

Full game just edited for time.

I refinished the surface to 500/2000/royal compound/royal shine so just a small change from the OOB.

White dot was the spare ball.

Last edited by bowl1820; 02-20-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Icemans observations of you latest Dude flick

You had 4 strikes in a role, 3 were all South of the Boarder. I would try 500/1000/3000 and use Reata-Shine! See if that doesn't keep your ball on the right side. Several shot seem to be coming up high! I think the Reata-Shine, that they sell at bowlingball.com would get you down the lanes a bit further. Good luck!! (

Looking at your other games, just like the first, carry seems to be a problem! Did you make adjustments??? Up,, back,,, left or right? Or is it the ball surface, maybe both?
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 02-20-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

It's not the surface it was all me, I just wasn't consistent with my shot.

I've really been slumping here.

Here you can see the leaves of the other games

3G frm. 2-3 I tried the Beatdown there just to see what happened. Fr2 it just straightened out and did nothing and Fr3 I moved and it just knocked of the left side. There wasn't even remotely enough oil for it so bagged it.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 02-20-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 256

Bowl, I liked the reaction you had on your 2nd shot in the 2-19 video. You had the ball more inside than the 1st and 3rd balls. Looked good from there.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 221

Michael, the Royal Compound, Royal Shine combination will create more length than Reacta-Shine will

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Michael, the Royal Compound, Royal Shine combination will create more length than Reacta-Shine will
    I have both, Royal shine, in a 32 oz bottle and Reacta shine. Your the pro, but I know for sure the Royal compound 2500 grit polish is very gritty, where as the reacta-shine is very smooth and creamy

Your saying the Royal compound polish will get the ball down the lane further, then the reata shine polish?

Maybe we are talking about another product by Brunswick.... my bottle says ( Royal Compound 2500 grit polish) So many different cleaners, and polishes!!

I will see if we are maybe talking about to different Brunswick products
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    I noticed with my new DV8 Rukus, that the Royal compound 2500 grit polish makes the surface look like glass!! It does a great job of polishing the new ball

I think your talking about two different Brunswick products maybe" Royal Compound, and Royal shine which must be a lot like reacta-shine!

How is it that it get you more leanth then Reata-shine??

OK,,, just checked it out. I have Royal compound 2500 polish, they also have Royal Polish that is 5000. So you are correct Storm1 .... I didn't know that there was a Royal polish 5000! Thanks for the info,,, I might get some. ESP since you say it will get the ball down even further then the Reacta-Shine!
    I stand corrected!!

Well this thread cost me some money!! LOL Had to have some of this Royal Shine 5000 grit polish after finding out that its even slicker then the Royal Compound, 2500, and the Reata-Shine! Thanks Storm1
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 02-21-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!