Thread: Storm Zero Gravity Review - sk8sbowlingreviews

Default Storm Zero Gravity Review - sk8sbowlingreviews

Ball: Zero Gravity
    Layout: 5x3.5x3 (Pin Buffer) - 45x5x45 (Dual Angle)
    Surface Prep: 4000 Polished
    Bowler Style: Tweener
    PAP: 5.25x1
    Rev Rate: 325
    Speed: 17.5
    Axis Rotation: 65 Degrees
    Axis Tilt: 5 Degrees

With the return of the Shape Lock HD Core that drove the Virtual Gravity towards being one of the best balls Storm has ever released and wrapping that with the newly successful ERG Solid Reactive Cover (The Byte uses the ERG Pearl Reactive) I couldn't wait to get my hands on this ball and see how closely it resembled that beloved reaction of the Virtual Gravity.
    First off, this is as close to the Virtual Gravity reaction in any ball I have thrown in recent years and that bodes well for this ball matching up well on many patterns for many styles. The Zero Gravity can handle oil well, begins to transition well in the mid-lane but still creates quite a bit of angle down lane.

In my review I compared the Zero Gravity to the Byte and the Marvel-S and it definitely was a good compliment to both. The Byte goes quite a bit longer and is definitely more angular out of box; I also knocked the surface on the Byte down to see if I could recreate the mid-lane roll and break point shape of the Zero Gravity but was unable to see the Byte pick up the middle of the lane without losing a lot of angle at the break point. At 1000 sanded the Byte was about to cover slightly less boards than that of the Zero Gravity but it also created far less angle down lane, this is where the Zero Gravity shines. You can get in and swing the ball on heavier patterns without losing any entry angle, that is a win win for everyone.

In comparing that to the Marvel-S I saw a similar overall hook potential but because of the NRG cover and symmetrical core in the Marvel-S it was a lot more smooth and continuous. I had to play more in front of the head pin and keep the ball in oil longer or the Marvel-S would not make the corner. This is one reason I think the Zero Gravity takes the benefits of angular pieces but it doesn't give up that strong mid-lane read we are all after.

Michael Bauer
    Storm Amateur Staff Member
    PBA Member

I think I might just drill one of these up pretty soon and try it out
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205