Weight: 14 lbs.
Pin Length: 3 1/2”
Drilling: Pin right of ring, CG in palm
Pattern Length: 40 ft.
Pattern Volume: Medium/Heavy
Pattern Type: Modified House
Right Handed

The HYPER CELL has the proven Nucleus Core from the popular CELL line, and the also proven, MicroBite Coverstock, from the DEFIANT line.
What a combination ROTOGRIP has put together in this ball!

I have used the HYPER CELL on house patterns, modified house patterns, and sport patterns. Just by changing the surface of the HYPER CELL, I was able to use this ball on a variety of different patterns.

For our 39 ft. THS, I’ve had much success using the HYPER CELL at 4000 grit, no polish. It gets through the heads very smooth, and still has a strong turn to the pocket, continuing through the pins. As the pattern broke down, I was able to move in with the HYPER CELL and did not lose carry on the corner pins.

On our modified house/tournament shot, I brought the cover back to the 2000 grit box finish and it was plenty of ball for the shot. I had no trouble getting the corners out. It had plenty of energy on the back end, even with the extra surface on it.

On sport pattern, I took the cover down to 1000 grit. Once again, very smooth through the heads, and made a nice even roll to the pocket and right through the pins.

This is a very versatile piece, that can be used on a variety of oil patterns with just some slight surface changes. If you were a fan of the CELL line years ago, and/or the more recent DEFIANT line, then don’t let this ball pass you by. It is a “must have” in MY arsenal, and should be in yours too.

Carol Teel
Roto Grip Amateur Staff Member