Right Handed
Ball weight: 14
Rev Rate: 378
Ball Speed: 18.2
Axis Tilt: 6.67
Axis Rotation: 45*
PAP: 4 1/2 horizontal, 1 5/8 up
Layout: 50 x 3 1/4 x 20 (hole P3)

As one of my many bowling ball regrets, we can list my not having the original Gravity. I have know many that loved that ball and are anticipating the release of the Zero Gravity. Because I had not had any of the previous Gravity releases, I was not sure what to expect.

I didn’t know how to lay this one out. I always have a fear of putting the wrong layout on a ball and having the core work against me. I also tend to stay away from lower angle sums because I’ve never had much success with such drillings. That said, I went with a lower sum and a really early rolling drilling…

With this layout, the Zero Gravity gets to revving right off my hand. It flares a ton and wants to go. It hits like a tank and rolls right over the 8-pin. I’ve used it on a couple of different THS with success. I like the way it revs up and that it still makes a hard move at the end of the pattern. It doesn’t give up or over-hook when it encounters friction. It flares a ton, and will destroy a pattern rather quickly. I haven’t altered the surface yet, but thus far, I haven’t been able to complete a series with it.

I’m having fun rolling this one and look forward to trying it on some sport or animal patterns (will be trying it on Badger in a couple of weeks). I will be scuffing it to 1000 before that tourney and depending on how it rolls on that, it may end up catching a shine when I get back.

I will be posting an update once I’ve had a chance to roll the Zero Gravity on some sport patterns, but for the time being, I’m really enjoying the first game of each set with it. I have a feeling that this will be a staple in my bag for a while and may even get another one just to try another layout. The fans of the Gravity series should be quite happy with this release.